Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda
Default RMT OU Team [First Ever]

Okay I'm trying to do Shoddy. This is my team...
So far, I've lost all three battles I've done. However, the other opponents were left with 1-2 Pokemon max!

Honestly, I realized my team is very weak to Fighting. So a good Psychic or Flier would be nice. I was thinking of Gyara [because of Jolteon] but idk...

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash [Jolly]
252 Attack | 252 Speed | 6 HP
~Taunt
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Ice Fang

Standard Lead. I really appreciate Rocks support on my team, and Aero gets it almost all the time. Little sketchy on the last two moves. Open to suggestions.

Gengar @ Choice Specs [Modest]
80 HP | 95 Defense | 135 Speed | 135 Spec. Atk | 65 Defense
~Trick
~Shadow Ball
~Thunderbolt
~Psychic

Good sweeper I guess. And if he can't sweep, Trick specs on something.

Jolteon @ Focus Sash [Bold]
120 HP | 80 Defense | 135 Speed | 135 Spec. Atk | 40 Spec. Def
~T-Bolt
~Wish
~HP Ice
~Roar
He hasn't really found a definite place on my team. Sometimes I use him for wish. Sometimes I use him for attacking. Sometime I use him to roar stats/subs away and get a little additional Rock damage.

Heatran @ Life Orb [Timid]
95 HP | 252 Speed | 163 Spec. Atk
~Earth Power
~Flamethrower
~Explosion
~Hidden Power Grass
Eh, Heatran is Heatran? I tried making a faux Choice Scarfer...

Snorlax @ Life Orb [Lonely]
168 HP | 112 Attack | 230 Defense
~Curse
~EQ
~Return
~Self Destruct
Curselax that kinda fails. :/ I've yet to use him effectively, although that might be my fault.

Weavile @ Choice Band [Jolly]
6 HP | 252 Attack | 252 Speed
~Ice Shard
~Ice Punch
~Night Slash
~Brick Break
I love this thing. It always gets one good hit in and can usually survive to do two.

-----

Okay, so can you help me? ^-^
Also the Hidden Powers keep resetting on me. In battle it says 'Hidden Power - Normal' on Heatran and Jolteon...

Last edited by Soda; 03-15-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: RMT OU Team [First Ever]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
Okay I'm trying to do Shoddy. This is my team...
So far, I've lost all three battles I've done. However, the other opponents were left with 1-2 Pokemon max!

Honestly, I realized my team is very weak to Fighting. So a good Psychic or Flier would be nice. I was thinking of Gyara [because of Jolteon] but idk...

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash [Jolly]
252 Attack | 252 Speed | 6 HP
~Taunt
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide/Stone Edge

Standard Lead. I really appreciate Rocks support on my team, and Aero gets it almost all the time. Little sketchy on the last two moves. Open to suggestions.

Needs moar STAB please.

Gengar @ Choice Specs [Modest]
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
~Trick
~Shadow Ball
~Thunderbolt
~Focus Blast

Good sweeper I guess. And if he can't sweep, Trick specs on something.

What the heck is going on with that EV spread? Check gengars stats and you'll see that boosting his defences is futile. Psychic is also moot, focus blast is necersarry for coverage.

Jolteon @ Leftovers[Timid]
252HP/24SpDef/232Spd
~T-Bolt/Discharge
~Wish
~Substitute
~Baton Pass
He hasn't really found a definite place on my team. Sometimes I use him for wish. Sometimes I use him for attacking. Sometime I use him to roar stats/subs away and get a little additional Rock damage.
Focus Sash and defense EVs don't go together, you'll be wasting one or the other. As with gengar, jolteon's defense stat is a lost cause anyway. This is a proper support set for jolteon- it passes wishes or subs and discharge can be chosen to offer paralysis support.

Heatran @ Life Orb [Timid]
95 HP | 252 Speed | 163 Spec.Atk
~Earth Power
~Flamethrower
~Explosion
~Hidden Power Grass
Eh, Heatran is Heatran? I tried making a faux Choice Scarfer...
Do those HP EVs actually do anything specific? If not run max in SpAtt and Spd.

Snorlax @ LeftoversCareful
168 HP | 120Def/220SpDef
~Curse
~EQ
~Return
~Selfdestruct/Crunch
Curselax that kinda fails. :/ I've yet to use him effectively, although that might be my fault.

I myself cannot stand self destruct on curselax, and he needs crunch to stop gengar laughing in his face. The EVs, item and nature need changing.

Weavile @ Choice Band[Jolly]
40HP/252Att/216Spd
~Pursuit
~Ice Punch/Ice Shard
~Night Slash
~Brick Break/Ice Shard
I love this thing. It always gets one good hit in and can usually survive to do two.

If your weavile has been surviving more than one attack then you're extremely lucky. Those EVs ensure that azelf won't OHKO you with a non-booster flamethrower but anything stronger will nail you. Weavile without pursuit is a travesty too.
-----

Okay, so can you help me? ^-^
Also the Hidden Powers keep resetting on me. In battle it says 'Hidden Power - Normal' on Heatran and Jolteon...

During battles, Hidden Power is displayed as normal type (As it is in the games) but will still hit as the type you selected.
Comment in bold. This team is wayyyy too fragile ay the moment. Snorlax is your only form of bulk on both sides and he cannot heal huimself and also has a tendancy to blow itself up. It also isn't a very fast team, and with gengar gone a scarved heracross will enjoy munching down vast quantities of your team with STAB close combats.

To start with, give heatran a scarf (He really needs it anyway) and give gengar a life orb and hypnosis over trick since you could really do with status support. You need to bring in a decent couple of walls too- Gliscor makes a good physical wall and resists fighting moves aswell:

Gliscor@Lefites
Impish
252HP/252Def/6Att
Earthquake
Roost
Taunt/Stealth Rock/Knock Off
Arial Ace/Ice Fang

As for a special wall, make snorlax a RestTalk variant:

Snorlax@Lefites
Sassy
244HP/28Def/236SpDef
Rest
Sleep Talk
Body Slam
EQ/Crunch/Fire Blast

Shove gliscor in over jolteon, since your walls can heal themselves and your sweepers are all too frail to benefit from wishes anyway. Make those changes, along with the adjustments to some of your weird EV spreads and see how you get on.