Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Aleeecks Offline

Default Need some help with my team.

I'm trying to make a competitive battling team in my Pokemon Diamond. I have a lot of questions, and I'm open to suggestions. I'll be glad if anyone can take the time to help me with these problems. Right now, I have

Blissey@Leftovers
Nature: Bold
IVs 26-27/28-29/29-30/31/15-16/19-20
EVs 148 Hp / 252 Def / 108 Spa

-Thunderbolt
-Softboiled
-Ice Beam
-Toxic

Intended Use- Special Wall that can still do moderate damage with Toxic and Bolt/Beam.

#1. Bolt/Beam/FT? I duplicated plenty of TM's in Emerald, so I can just migrate some of those if necessary. What moveset, with my movesets of my other pokemon taken into mind, would provide ideal coverage?
#2. Toxic or T-wave? I figured that my offensive pokemon are relatively fast and do really need T-wave, and toxic was more useful. After playing on Shoddy for a while though, I've noticed T-wave is a lot more common, and there must be a reason for that. Will Toxic of T-wave be more useful for my team?

Gyarados@Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
IVs 31/25/24/28/22/18
EVs 156 Hp, 108 Atk, 100 Def, 144 Spe

-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Taunt

Intended Use- My lead. Probably not a very good one.
#1. Can anyone think of a better lead to use than Gyarados? One problem with my team is that I can't figure out a very good lead to use.

Salamence@Choice Band
Nature: Naughty
IVs 13/31/22/31/31/31
EVs 4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe

-Dragon Claw(Will get Outrage in Plat)
-Hydro Pump(Will get Aqua Tail in Plat)
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower

Intended Use- I plan on using Salamence late in a match, hopefully where nothing can really take a STAB CBed Outrage.

#1. Fire Blast or Flamethrower? I know people often say it's a personal preference of accuracy over power, but that honestly help me that much. Therefore, I just want your own choice, which one would you pick, and why?

Gengar@Life Orb
Nature: Hasty
IVs 25/26/14/27/20/31
EVs 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe

-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hypnosis

Intended Use- A special sweeper.

So right now, I have two slots left. I wanted to use a standard Skarmory w/ Stealth Rock, Whirlwind, Roost, and Drill Peck as a Physical Wall. I can't really see any problems with that. As a mixed tank, I was going to use Dusknoir, but now I realize that Gengar and Dusknoir both have weaknesses to the same thing. I was wondering if that was a really big issue or not.

I'm also a bit worried about overall team synergy. I can't think of many situations where I can switch out a Pokemon because another team member can resist an anticipated attack.

Last edited by Aleeecks; 03-09-2009 at 06:46 AM.