Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Aleeecks Offline

Default Skarmory EV spread

I am trying to make a standard Skarmory with the Moveset- Stealth Rock, Drill Peck, Roost, and Whirlwind. The problem is, I'm not certain what nature I should give it, and what the EV spread should be. The main problem is between Sp. Def and Def. Sure, Skarmory is a PHYSICAL wall, but would it be more useful to allocate points in Special Def. for the inevitable Special Attack that will come Skarmory's way?

I have the same dilemna for its nature. A +Def, - Sp.Attack nature (Impish), or +Sp. Def, -Sp. Attack nature (Careful) ?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig
Default Re: Skarmory EV spread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleeecks View Post
I am trying to make a standard Skarmory with the Moveset- Stealth Rock, Drill Peck, Roost, and Whirlwind. The problem is, I'm not certain what nature I should give it, and what the EV spread should be. The main problem is between Sp. Def and Def. Sure, Skarmory is a PHYSICAL wall, but would it be more useful to allocate points in Special Def. for the inevitable Special Attack that will come Skarmory's way?

I have the same dilemna for its nature. A +Def, - Sp.Attack nature (Impish), or +Sp. Def, -Sp. Attack nature (Careful) ?
Skarmory is a steel type, so it resists enough special attacks (Psychics, Shadow Balls, for instance), so you don't need to invest many EV's in special defense. Besides, you're not gonna be staying in on a Flamethrower or Thunderbolt anyway. :\
Just go here for suggested EV spreads. www.smogon.com

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 03-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: Skarmory EV spread

It isn't skarmory's job to take attacks from both sides of the spectrum, that's what dual Walls do. If a physical wall is about to have a special attack thrown at it, you switch to a special wall- that's a fundament of pokemon.

Smogon's server is down atm, I'll post the standard spread when it's back up.