Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2131  
Old 12-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Ardy29's Avatar
Ardy29 Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: My Palace
Posts: 68
Talking Re: Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

hI, could you tell me a good moveset for my Tyranitar?
__________________
=Under Construction=
Reply With Quote
  #2132  
Old 12-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Viva la Gofre's Avatar
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Merry Old England
Posts: 1,540
Default Re: Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy29 View Post
hI, could you tell me a good moveset for my Tyranitar?
Tyranitar has many great sets, all of which can be found here
Reply With Quote
  #2133  
Old 12-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Verystrait42's Avatar
Verystrait42 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: illinois
Posts: 1,666
Default Re: Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

Can someone throw me a good Specs Jolteon set?
__________________


Reached 11 on Challenge Cup PO ladder.

Wi-fi: Zack, 2665-5033-9610
Shoddy/PO Username: Verystrait42
Reply With Quote
  #2134  
Old 12-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Viva la Gofre's Avatar
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Merry Old England
Posts: 1,540
Default Re: Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verystrait42 View Post
Can someone throw me a good Specs Jolteon set?
There is really only one:

Jolteon@Choice Specs
Timid
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
HP Ice/HP Grass
Baton Pass

This is pretty muc all he ahs going for him. Lead with this, and pass if you predict a switch. You will get to see there choice of switch before you choose so you have a slight advantage. Jolteon also has a poor special movepool, so its those moves or nothing really.
Reply With Quote
  #2135  
Old 02-28-2009, 09:01 AM
cute_entei's Avatar
cute_entei Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 99
Send a message via Yahoo to cute_entei
Default Re: Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

For my vaporeon, I was thinking of Ice Beam, Substitute, and Baton Pass but I wasn't sure if I should use Toxic or Wish for the last move. Any opinions?
__________________

[Hannah's PokePet

Ent the level 50 Entei!
Reply With Quote
  #2136  
Old 02-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Viva la Gofre's Avatar
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Merry Old England
Posts: 1,540
Default Re: Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_entei View Post
For my vaporeon, I was thinking of Ice Beam, Substitute, and Baton Pass but I wasn't sure if I should use Toxic or Wish for the last move. Any opinions?
I myself use a wish-passing vaporeon which works pretty well, however I'd recommend putting surf over ice beam for better coverage and STAB
Reply With Quote
  #2137  
Old 02-28-2009, 12:44 PM
hsb39's Avatar
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
There is really only one:

Jolteon@Choice Specs
Timid
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
HP Ice/HP Grass
Baton Pass

This is pretty muc all he ahs going for him. Lead with this, and pass if you predict a switch. You will get to see there choice of switch before you choose so you have a slight advantage. Jolteon also has a poor special movepool, so its those moves or nothing really.
Well since the last slot is essentially filler anyway there are other options:

- Signal Beam OHKOs Celebi, but that's pretty much it.
- Wish means that you can (like BP) use it as they switch, and give some support.
- Yawn can be used mostly as they switch, it actually has a lot of gimmicky uses, such as right before you die, you can use it, and then switch into a Pokemon to set up, so that they can stay in and go to sleep or switch and let you set up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_entei View Post
For my vaporeon, I was thinking of Ice Beam, Substitute, and Baton Pass but I wasn't sure if I should use Toxic or Wish for the last move. Any opinions?
WishPassing Vappy is amazingly good, Toxic can be used on it, but not over Wish.
__________________
I am currently trying to think of something witty and original to put in my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #2138  
Old 02-28-2009, 08:06 PM
cute_entei's Avatar
cute_entei Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 99
Send a message via Yahoo to cute_entei
Default Re: Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

Okay. Thanks both of you for your input on vaporeon. ^^ I'll try it.

And I have another question about electivire. Currently mine has Cross Chop, Fire punch, Ice Punch, and Thunderpunch. I was thinking of replacing fire punch with substitute and cross chop with a fighting move that has higher accuracy like focus punch or brick break. Any thoughts on that?
__________________

[Hannah's PokePet

Ent the level 50 Entei!
Reply With Quote
  #2139  
Old 02-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Viva la Gofre's Avatar
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Merry Old England
Posts: 1,540
Default Re: Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_entei View Post
Okay. Thanks both of you for your input on vaporeon. ^^ I'll try it.

And I have another question about electivire. Currently mine has Cross Chop, Fire punch, Ice Punch, and Thunderpunch. I was thinking of replacing fire punch with substitute and cross chop with a fighting move that has higher accuracy like focus punch or brick break. Any thoughts on that?
I wouldn't recommend getting rid of cross chop, Vire is one of few pokes to get it and the high base power and crit ratio are a worthy trade off for the accuracy. Sub isn't really suited to Vire either, due his poor defence stat and not much to be gained from them anyway. Earthquake is better suited over fire punch, due to higher base power and better coverage.
Reply With Quote
  #2140  
Old 03-01-2009, 01:52 AM
cute_entei's Avatar
cute_entei Offline
Amateur Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 99
Send a message via Yahoo to cute_entei
Default Re: Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
I wouldn't recommend getting rid of cross chop, Vire is one of few pokes to get it and the high base power and crit ratio are a worthy trade off for the accuracy. Sub isn't really suited to Vire either, due his poor defence stat and not much to be gained from them anyway. Earthquake is better suited over fire punch, due to higher base power and better coverage.
Alright. Thanks for the input.
__________________

[Hannah's PokePet

Ent the level 50 Entei!
Reply With Quote
  #2141  
Old 03-01-2009, 07:03 AM
hsb39's Avatar
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
I wouldn't recommend getting rid of cross chop, Vire is one of few pokes to get it and the high base power and crit ratio are a worthy trade off for the accuracy. Sub isn't really suited to Vire either, due his poor defence stat and not much to be gained from them anyway. Earthquake is better suited over fire punch, due to higher base power and better coverage.

Well I wouldn't necessarily say that it is a worthy trade off. I've had enough misses to know how much <100% accuracy can hurt. I think that it really is up to preference. But probably not Focus Punch, I cannot think of a specific occasion on the spot where it will be useful, as most of the things that switch into/don't directly attack Vire don't worry too much about Focus Punch.
__________________
I am currently trying to think of something witty and original to put in my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #2142  
Old 03-02-2009, 12:45 PM
cutter kirby's Avatar
cutter kirby Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: somewhere...
Posts: 816
Default Re: Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsb39 View Post
Well I wouldn't necessarily say that it is a worthy trade off. I've had enough misses to know how much <100% accuracy can hurt. I think that it really is up to preference. But probably not Focus Punch, I cannot think of a specific occasion on the spot where it will be useful, as most of the things that switch into/don't directly attack Vire don't worry too much about Focus Punch.
in platinum, can electivire know superpower? that should be good for it.
__________________
Highest 5th Gen OU ranking:3 (with 1110 points) This was a few minutes after online 5th gen was realeased, using former ubers.
Besides that time, I peaked 27th
Reply With Quote
  #2143  
Old 03-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Viva la Gofre's Avatar
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Merry Old England
Posts: 1,540
Default Re: Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter kirby View Post
in platinum, can electivire know superpower? that should be good for it.
Nope, he's stuck with what he's got.
Reply With Quote
  #2144  
Old 03-04-2009, 05:14 AM
hsb39's Avatar
hsb39 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: Moveset Requests - ASK FOR MOVESETS FOR SINGLE POKEMON HERE!

While I'm here I might as well ask for some help with my moveset trouble.

Gyarados being an incredible annoyance for me, I'm training up a Porygon2. I have the Pokemon, it has perfect Def, 28-29 HP and crappy SDef, with OK SAtk. The thing is that it has HP Ground, but only power 47, now if this was a higher power I would certainly use it, as it is an exellent move on Porygon2, especially against Magnezone. I am still considering using it, so I need advice there, but I am also wondering what other moves are good. I want to keep it <Lvl.50 becuase Lvl.50 comps often happen in Oz, so that leaves Magic Coat and Tri Attack out.

I am considering Toxic, but I would like to go for something a little less standard and more surprising, if anyone has used Porygon2 and found any other moves to be effective?
__________________
I am currently trying to think of something witty and original to put in my signature.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com