Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:21 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: When Did You Stop Watching?

I made sure I watched each and every episode...until their voices changed. -.- I ditched the show and never went back.

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:26 AM
KarD Offline

A lot of people stopped watching it after Ash hit puberty apparently. lol

For me, I lost track around the Johto saga when he was facing Whitney...man, that's such a long time ago. I watched a recent episode of when Ash fights Paul after meeting Prof. Rowan. I liked Paul's attitude but Ash is still a loser.

Seriously...they need to think of unique episodes. And TR needs to get a new hobby.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:41 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKawaii View Post
I have watched nearly all of them. Just not by my own choice, my little brothers watch everything Pokemon. The only things Pokemon I'll happily watch are the Movies. I quite enjoy them. =^.^=
I see. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
I agree, the exact point Misty leaves is where it all goes to hell.
The anime was already failing before she left, just that it became obvious only after she left. It would have been obvious sooner or later anyway, whether or not she stayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
I stopped watching after Misty left, but...

I have, in actuality, gotten back into the anime a couple of weeks ago.
It really has taken a complete turn around, and has quite a few fresh plotlines.
I suggest watching a non-filler epsiode if you have the time. Some of them are quite good (especially the japanese)
First person I've seen that says that. Everyone else's complaining about repetitive plotlines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
I made sure I watched each and every episode...until their voices changed. -.- I ditched the show and never went back.

~Xanthe.
Funny how I never noticed that. Maybe I get different voice actors and they don't change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarD View Post
And TR needs to get a new hobby.
You think so too? Maybe they're just semi-brainwashed slaves to Team Rocket... :O

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 02-24-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:46 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

Beng... the voice actors are different.

Point example: Maddie Blaustein, Meowth's OG voicetress is dead. Plus Ash went through puberty twice so yeah.

Anyways, I stopped watching when the voice actors took a turn for the worse and changed. After eight years of the same actors, I can't no matter how many times I watch the series, get used to their new crap as hell voices.

I now only watch the shows in raw Japanese. I only watch the episode in American if the episode truly interests me. I'm sorry but my loyalty to Meowth is too powerful. I can't miss an episode because something might happen to him and I must be there to coax him through it!!

lol

=^^= Nya
Old 02-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Neon_Espeon Offline
Elite Trainer

Even with the really crappy new english voices, I will admit right off the bat here that I still watch the show. But only occasionally really(I blame my bad memory, mostly)... Why? I guess I have a few reasons. For starters? Back when I was a mere young'un, I didn't have KidsWB, so I only watched season 1, 2 and a bit of 3 on CartoonNetwork, and when I finally got said channel, well, If anything I was just really happy to see episodes I never did before, even the Hoenn saga. Sure, I was horribly confused when I picked up the Jirachi movie before this happened and was all "Who are these two new people? What's up with Ash's and Brock's outfits?? Where's Misty??? O_o", I somehow got used to everything and just watched the rest of show. Again, I guess I was just happy to finally see something 'new'. But as of the later D/P episodes, I haven't been keeping track at all. I guess I have no one to blame but the new voice cast, It just really ruins the viewing experience for me. :/

TL;DR, I still kinda watch the show, but as of the later D/P episodes I haven't been keeping track very much. Reasons? All stupid ones. P.S., new VA cast, you still suck. :U

Last edited by Neon_Espeon; 02-25-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:57 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post
Beng... the voice actors are different.

Point example: Maddie Blaustein, Meowth's OG voicetress is dead. Plus Ash went through puberty twice so yeah.

Anyways, I stopped watching when the voice actors took a turn for the worse and changed. After eight years of the same actors, I can't no matter how many times I watch the series, get used to their new crap as hell voices.

I now only watch the shows in raw Japanese. I only watch the episode in American if the episode truly interests me. I'm sorry but my loyalty to Meowth is too powerful. I can't miss an episode because something might happen to him and I must be there to coax him through it!!

lol

=^^= Nya
Ash went through puberty twice? O_o

But seriously, are we even talking about the same voice actors? Remember, I'm from Singapore. :P
Old 02-26-2009, 12:08 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Ash went through puberty twice? O_o

But seriously, are we even talking about the same voice actors? Remember, I'm from Singapore. :P
You're from Singapore? I thought you were from America. lol, sorry!

And yes, he went through puberty... twice.

=^^= Nya
Old 02-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
You're from Singapore? I thought you were from America. lol, sorry!

And yes, he went through puberty... twice.

=^^= Nya
XD You mean you didn't see my location?! (Or the group I'm in...)

And how did you know he went through puberty twice?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Gold Rush Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Gold Rush

I stopped watching a few episodes into Hoenn, they repeat the same things every time e.e

[URPG] [VPP] [Knights of the Round Table] [ASB]

“For ten years I chased Suicune, and I finally got to see it. I'm all choked up!”
Old 02-27-2009, 01:32 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
XD You mean you didn't see my location?! (Or the group I'm in...)

And how did you know he went through puberty twice?
lol, I never look at your locations! I just assume you're al crazy nuts jobs created by my head to keep me company! xD (JK)

And I don't actually know. It's just that his voice is so different. At first it was fairly high pitched, fitting him because he was so young. But now his voice is much, much, MUCH deeper. In comparison to his first and original voice to the one he's got now, I'd say he went through a double puberty. xD

=^^= Nya
Old 02-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
lol, I never look at your locations! I just assume you're al crazy nuts jobs created by my head to keep me company! xD (JK)

And I don't actually know. It's just that his voice is so different. At first it was fairly high pitched, fitting him because he was so young. But now his voice is much, much, MUCH deeper. In comparison to his first and original voice to the one he's got now, I'd say he went through a double puberty. xD

=^^= Nya
Lol about the first part. Then what else are the locations for? XD To tell the truth though, I always thought that there's a chance that all of you did not exist in the first place, and that these posts randomly pop up from a random post generator. For people appearing in newspapers and stuff like that, a random article generator. XD

About Ash's voice. Some guys just end up with a really deep voice after puberty. Considering how late Ash's puberty seems to be, I won't be surprised if his voice is also at the far end of a spectrum.