Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Death Penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKawaii View Post

Hardly. If someone kills somebody, why shouldn't they be punished in the way they punished someone else?

@Shadow: Tbh, she isn't going off topic. ^^; Death penalty has everything to do with murder. It's kind of the reason behind it.
unless this thread is called personally attack shadow and vv4 then yes she post a whole flam message.

unlike her im going to try not to spam on this thread.
People should be punished the same way. They have made a choice to take a life, a life that was not theres to take. The punishment must fit the crime

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 02-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKawaii View Post

Not really, unless it's something servere or a mental state. Also, taking medicion should be their responsibility or a carers. If they are cared for by someone and medication is down to the person looking after them, I completely agree with your statement, it would be harsh.
However, if its down to the individual to take their mediciation I think it's very much the same as someone who is as healthy as a horse. (Sorry, I needed to use that expression. xD)

That sounds so cute, it had to be said. x3
Lolz thanks.

Oh and medical negligence actually means...negligence by the physicians part that results in death of a patient. It can be intentional. It could've been an accident.

@ Vincent and Tracker: Firstly, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious to both of you too. :l

Secondly, murder/the cause of it's the reason behind the punishment, isn't it? The reasons/circumstances behind the cause of the crime, and why it deserves the death penalty is what we're arguing about, isn't it? In such a plausible scenario, how am I going off the topic? -.-
Old 02-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Well...Shadow Tracker and Vince...I'm going to find a translator/dictionary to fnd the language you two are speaking in(Isn't it ooglebooglegrumbringspringsteenwongdongish?) and try to translate it properly, rather than try to guess what the hell you two're typing. Do wait for me, as this may take a while. :3

so this is on topic and not personal at all huh ? strange i dont see one thing in that whole thing about the death penalty instead i see a bunch of spam.

As far as the topic goes, It has to be the same for everyone, or it defeats the purpose

Old 02-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Wisp Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Fairy Sugar View Post
Lolz thanks.

Oh and medical negligence actually means...negligence by the physicians part that results in death of a patient. It can be intentional. It could've been an accident.

@ Vincent and Tracker: Firstly, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious to both of you too. :l

Secondly, murder/the cause of it's the reason behind the punishment, isn't it? The reasons/circumstances behind the cause of the crime, and why it deserves the death penalty is what we're arguing about, isn't it? In such a plausible scenario, how am I going off the topic? -.-
Well, thats down to the people investigating to find out, the odds of someone doing it deliberately are pretty low considering the fact they would potentially be one of the first to be suspected. I get what you mean though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreal Shadow Tracker View Post
unless this thread is called personally attack shadow and vv4 then yes she post a whole flam message.

unlike her im going to try not to spam on this thread.
People should be punished the same way. They have made a choice to take a life, a life that was not theres to take. The punishment must fit the crime
Quote:
Well...Shadow Tracker and Vince...I'm going to find a translator/dictionary to fnd the language you two are speaking in(Isn't it ooglebooglegrumbringspringsteenwongdongish?) and try to translate it properly, rather than try to guess what the hell you two're typing. Do wait for me, as this may take a while. :3

so this is on topic and not personal at all huh ? strange i dont see one thing in that whole thing about the death penalty instead i see a bunch of spam.

As far as the topic goes, It has to be the same for everyone, or it defeats the purpose
She isn't spamming the thread, to be honest. She is actually providing a good side to this discussion, the quote you have both picked out from her post is only a small percentage of a large post. o_o; Hardly 'a large bunch of spam'. ^-^;

dA × vpp × urpg × twitter × gamertag: IchigoTako × MALEFICENT♥
Old 02-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:

If it goes the same for everyone, then we also have to give death penalty to people who kill in:

a) Self-defense
b) To save someone else
c) Accidental
Old 02-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
If it goes the same for everyone, then we also have to give death penalty to people who kill in:

a) Self-defense
b) To save someone else
c) Accidental
finally someone who wants to talk about this and not just keep posting.

self dense is are hard one to do.Because if your shottings someone you can always aim for there legs and arms to stop them. Im NOT saying that, thats the case everytime. People dont even go to jail for crimes commited in sefl-defense. What can you do? your just protecting yourself.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Oops totally forgot about you two, Vincent and Tracker.
Quote:

If you're aiming for mathematical perfection over...complete comprehension and understanding of the facts, and consideration of all the scenarios...why don't we have computers in the courts? Or why have a court system at all? All we can have is some kind of computer with binary code. Auto-punishment-decider-computer. If anyone died during the crime, the defendant gets death sentence. Is that what you're saying?
Quote:
self dense is are hard one to do.Because if your shottings someone you can always aim for there legs and arms to stop them. Im NOT saying that, thats the case everytime. People dont even go to jail for crimes commited in sefl-defense. What can you do? your just protecting yourself.
Umm...suppose someone gets shot in the heat of the moment? He still receives death sentence? In the heat of the moment, you don't have time to take proper aim at arms and legs. Oh and shooting there can lead to excessive bleeding, causing death, so he should be given a death sentence?
Old 02-24-2009, 04:08 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Fairy Sugar View Post
Oops totally forgot about you two, Vincent and Tracker.

If you're aiming for mathematical perfection over...complete comprehension and understanding of the facts, and consideration of all the scenarios...why don't we have computers in the courts? Or why have a court system at all? All we can have is some kind of computer with binary code. Auto-punishment-decider-computer. If anyone died during the crime, the defendant gets death sentence. Is that what you're saying?

Umm...suppose someone gets shot in the heat of the moment? He still receives death sentence? In the heat of the moment, you don't have time to take proper aim at arms and legs. Oh and shooting there can lead to excessive bleeding, causing death, so he should be given a death sentence?
I'll just pop in here and round up the side supporting death penalty that the only type of murder that should not deserve capital punishment is murder in self-defense or in defense of someone else in danger or a truly accidental killing, such as if say you're in art class, you walk to a table and grab a pair of scissors/penknife/stabbing device, and on the way back to your table someone trips and falls on the dangerous object OR you trip and end up stabbing the person when you fling your hands out for support. Something like that.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 02-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Void Offline

Quote:

UST, please try not to be hypocritical. Following what you say, what you just posted here too is personal and off topic and a bunch of spam.

Anyway, back on topic, 130 people wrongfully convicted people were sentenced to death and were lucky to be exonerated and released, eventually. DNA, available in less than 10% of all homicides, can’t guarantee we won’t execute innocent people. If someone is convicted and later found innocent you can release him from prison, but not from the grave.

Also, the death penalty doesn't prevent others from committing murder. No reliable study shows the death penalty deters others. Homicide rates are higher in states and regions that have it than in those that don’t.

Furthermore,life without parole, on the books in 48 states, also prevents reoffending. It means what it says, and spending 23 of 24 hours a day locked in a tiny cell is not a picnic. Life without parole costs less than the death penalty.

Moreover, the death penalty isn't reserved for the worst crimes, but for defendants with the worst lawyers. It doesn't apply to people with money. When is the last time a wealthy person was on death row, let alone executed?

In addition, the death penalty is much more expensive than life in prison, mostly because of the upfront costs of legal process which is supposed to prevent executions of innocent people.

Finally, there are problems with speeding up the process. Over 50 of the innocent people released from death row had already served over a decade. Speed up the process and we will execute innocent people.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:30 PM
maddiesapphire Offline
Experienced Trainer

In my opinion, the only reason the death penalty should be allowed is if killing the person who did the crime will cause less harm to happen overall.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:41 PM
TeirusuFX Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to TeirusuFX Send a message via Yahoo to TeirusuFX Send a message via Skype™ to TeirusuFX

I don't think the Death Penalty can be considered a 'cruel and unusual punishment'. It has a reason, so it's not unusual. But the thing is, why do it?

Isn't life in prison already a death sentence? If they're going to die anyway, why bother killing them now?

And don't say because they can escape, why would they want to escape? Freedom isn't really an option if your a wanted criminal. All you can do once you escape is either hide in poverty or get caught again.

Kuronoa

Ah! Aya-chan! Aya-chan genki?