Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar
Default Re: Racism-- It's Slowly Killing Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
No, Mikey just randomly sends me messages every day, tormenting me for being a "beaner". That threat to break all my bones is one of the nice threats he has sent me... Some of the other threats are not even appropriate for the forum. If you do not believe me then that is your problem!!!
The over use of exclamation points not only show your failed attempt at sarcasm, but it also shows how much a noob you are. As do the smiley faces. I honestly doubt that a Global Moderator such as Mike would do that without you two having some sort of friendship, and you knowing that he is joking with you.

I do not believe you, and no one should. You are simply a liar as well as a member trying to be funny, sadly this is not the case and you just come off as an idiot.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:03 AM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
The over use of exclamation points not only show your failed attempt at sarcasm, but it also shows how much a noob you are. As do the smiley faces. I honestly doubt that a Global Moderator such as Mike would do that without you two having some sort of friendship, and you knowing that he is joking with you.

I do not believe you, and no one should. You are simply a liar as well as a member trying to be funny, sadly this is not the case and you just come off as an idiot.
Exclamation points and emoticons help me to put emotions into my post and I am sorry if it comes off as "nooby" or "idiotic"!!!!!! Now PLEASE this thread is for discussing RACISM not NOOBS so please take this to the bbal court or perhaps a private message if u got any more trash to talk to me because I am a beaner.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
e bbal court or perhaps a private message if u got any more trash to talk to me because I am a beaner.
Ah, now some racist stereotypes? You truly are a moron. I do not 'trash talk' you for being mexican, I am calling you out for being idiotic.

Right before your very eyes, a reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny, your part in the demise of a life. Lack of comprehension.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

Quote:
Ah, now some racist stereotypes? You truly are a moron. I do not 'trash talk' you for being mexican, I am calling you out for being idiotic.

Right before your very eyes, a reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny, your part in the demise of a life. Lack of comprehension.
I doubt you're calling me a moron because I am stupid it is because I am a "beaner" as you racists put it. You make me sick. You are a reflection of a racist guy and you are just hating on Mexicans like me calling us morons... We are not morons. Mexicans are just as smart as you white people.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Charbok Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charbok Send a message via MSN to Charbok Send a message via Skype™ to Charbok

Quote:

^Success troll is succeeding^

I agree with you as far as racism goes, but beating the crap out of someone because of words? I'm sorry, but I cannot justify that. It's childish and immature to cause physical harm to someone because of words, so no offense, but grow up.

EDIT:

Quote:
I doubt you're calling me a moron because I am stupid it is because I am a "beaner" as you racists put it. You make me sick. You are a reflection of a racist guy and you are just hating on Mexicans like me calling us morons... We are not morons. Mexicans are just as smart as you white people.
^This troll happens to be failing^
Old 02-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Why are you guys trying to turn this into racism you have different points of view and you should both respect them not resort to calling each other racist because that is the stereotypical thing to do. Racism will probably be the down fall of America one day because everyone thinks that they are better than everyone and please stop calling each other names or this thread will fail like every other thread and be locked.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 02-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
I agree, there are intelligent Mexicans. Along with this there are intelligent people of any race and ethnicity, but there are always morons.

You are a moron, not because you are a Mexican, but because you lack intelligence.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:52 AM
Lusitania Offline

Quote:
I agree, there are intelligent Mexicans. Along with this there are intelligent people of any race and ethnicity, but there are always morons.

You are a moron, not because you are a Mexican, but because you lack intelligence.
I believe that is the definition of 'moron'.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:10 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I'm white, and I find being called a "cracker" or "cracka" is actually quite funny, and pretty stupid. Next thing you know, we'll be called "Ritz" or "Triscut." I find it more annoying to be called a dumba$$ or an a$$hole than something like that.

Racist words wouldn't mean anything if no one got emotional over them. The fact that people do are the reasons why people still use them to harass other races. The n-word is stupid, I agree, but the more you react to it, the more it encourages people to use it to belittle you, because you reacting to it shows that it works. Same thing with other racist words.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:17 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

The N-Word is used all the time, but, in my whole life I have never head the word beaner. Maybe seven or eight times... Also, it's rarely used on TV. :x

That's also not the word I'd use if I was trying to offend a mexican. :/ There aren't many mexicans to offend around here, though. I also don't even know many stereotypes on them, lol.

Anyways, I agree with Adrenaline!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:28 AM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
The N-Word is used all the time, but, in my whole life I have never head the word beaner. Maybe seven or eight times... Also, it's rarely used on TV.
I strongly suggest you watch any episode of "Mind of Mencia".
Old 02-03-2009, 03:41 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Quote:
I strongly suggest you watch any episode of "Mind of Mencia".
Dude, I was totally gonna say that, but it never comes on. So, yea. :P
He uses it as like half of the words in the whole show. lol
Old 02-03-2009, 08:03 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Exclamation points and emoticons help me to put emotions into my post and I am sorry if it comes off as "nooby" or "idiotic"!!!!!! Now PLEASE this thread is for discussing RACISM not NOOBS so please take this to the bbal court or perhaps a private message if u got any more trash to talk to me because I am a beaner.
Don't listen to those cootie queens I love you JoM <3

At the end of the day, I find that words are less hurtful than actions. Someone saying a racial slur (or any insult, really) in passing is not nearly as bad as someone taking actions that illustrate a degree of prejudice. Yeah, it might not be PC to say things like that out loud, but I'd rather hear someone say something offensive than do something offensive, if that makes sense.

Hi

Old 02-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning

Lol.
DON'T HURT JOM!!!! :(
Well, I've never heard the racist word around in my school, probably because things like that are taken very seriously. The only times I see a person be racist is on AIM. :/
Old 02-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Finally I can see PE2K forum without getting error messages lul.

Anyway about racism. The reason why racism is so touchy is because its..identity related. One of the most important things in a human's life is to have an individual feeling of Identity. "I am this person, I am so and so.." etc. Why people tend to commit suicide is because when they fail at something, their identity gets a beating. Their mind gets associated with the feeling of their identity being a failure, they fall into depression...and man's eternal spiritual and psyhics questions and search for answers are for that one reason- why is he a somebody. That's why racism hits hard. Your identity gets associated with something "demeaning"...and no matter who you are, it will hurt hard.

Vulnerability of human psychology has never actually mattered over the years. The human mind may have changed in outlook and similar things, but the human mind has always been very, very vulnerable to psychology terrorizing. That's why, no matter which century we live in, racism will exist, in all forms. Its not easy to say "deal with it". It's almost not possible...almost.

There's always been the issue of...identity superiority. Another form of psychological terror. Purposely putting down a certain group of people/populations, so you'll have the feeling of "superiority" over them. Not because you just want to be mean to them. Besides, even the mightiest of mountains can crumble under an army of rats. The world's most rich and powerful country- and from where more than a few racisms have originated, has become one of the world's most struggling and laughed at countries. That's irony of fate for you! <3

One more thing Zak. I'm pretty sure Mike meant that half sarcastically. He's not exactly one who would be intentionally racist to you. He was probably kidding, you just took the word that he said literally. But then I'm not sure if HE meant it or not..but I'm willing to bet that he didn't. I'm sure you know Mike's race and religion. Not seen him complain much..directly..

So yeah, racism and being racist is not actually something you achieve by trying to become...the feeling of superiority, demeaning other races, people is an inbuild psychological sector.

Yeah, there's not many ways in how one can refrain from being racist- and intentionally. Last time I checked, psychology could easily control the mind..but then, one could make an effort at being less racist. Hopefully people can let their intelligence prevail, and they'll learn to accept the fact that race is nothing...but chances of that happening are bleak.