Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:12 PM
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: The term "gay". -ANGER-

Gay is not a synonym for something/someone that is not doing what you'd like it to.

It is a term used to label a sexually orientation, as soon as people understand this, we can live in a pro Gay/bisexual world.

As people are using the term "Gay" for things mentioned earlier, it gets negative connotations, people that use it now will pass it onto there kids who will believe it's just a term for things that are not doing what they should be. Thus, creating a child which believe being Gay is not right.

Porygon - Alphanumeric
Level 100; 621
Old 01-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Powerman 6k Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Powerman 6k

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboydoggy View Post
If you mean happy people being amazing, I can agree with you wholeheartedly, but there's nothing amazing about homosexuality. Nothing inherently bad apart from an inability to reproduce with one's life partner, (the world's overpopulated anyway though,) but it's not amazing.
True, they can't reproduce..But they can adopt. And yes, Lucario, they do complain about equality, because they're constantly, CONSTANTLY made fun of, and treated UNEQUALLY. Open your eyes and see the truth. Maybe you do and maybe you don't. I'm just saying, simply, that it's ridiculous. Why are they so different from the rest of everyone? They're human. And it even says in the Constitution that "all men are created equal", yet they aren't. They same goes for African Americans, Chinese, ANYONE who isn't classified as "a true American". It's just...senseless.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs View Post
Gay is not a synonym for something/someone that is not doing what you'd like it to.

It is a term used to label a sexually orientation, as soon as people understand this, we can live in a pro Gay/bisexual world.

As people are using the term "Gay" for things mentioned earlier, it gets negative connotations, people that use it now will pass it onto there kids who will believe it's just a term for things that are not doing what they should be. Thus, creating a child which believe being Gay is not right.
Are the majority of you all idiots? Can you not get it through your thick skulls that when pertaining to a sexual preference "gay" is a SLANG term? The appropriate term would be "homosexual". The word "gay" has been used for hundreds of years, longer than when it applied to homosexual people. The meanings of words evolve, deal with it.

Last edited by PainKiller; 01-28-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol

I saw this thread and I was like:

"This thread is so GAY!!"

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
Old 01-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickkk View Post
Honestly, society has basically evolved into a gay-hating world.
What are you smoking? Society in general is more accepting of homosexuality than its ever been. There will always be people who disagree with your ideas, but that doesn't mean that they hate you. o_o

Quote:
Why are they so different from the rest of everyone? They're human. And it even says in the Constitution that "all men are created equal", yet they aren't. They same goes for African Americans, Chinese, ANYONE who isn't classified as "a true American". It's just...senseless.
Quote:
Gay people are just...amazing.
Am I missing something? You group people together and imply that there's something special about their sexual preference (hint: there's not) and then say that everyone should open their eyes and realize we're all human. So which is it?

You're right that people are people, and homosexuals can be just as good and just as bad as anyone else.

Hi

Old 01-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Dark Lightning Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lightning

I'm not 'gay', because I do have a girlfriend (and if you don't believe that, gtfo), but I don't see why homosexuals should be treated differently to straight people.

Just cause I've said this doesn't mean I am gay, but I don't have a problem with homosexuals. I treat them the same as everyone else.

But, I do accidentally use the word 'gay' as an insult, and I don't notice I'm doing it sometimes. I know it's stupid to use it in such a manner, and I don't mean to offend any gay people (I don't know any irl.) At school, I tend to use different words that I steal from shows like South Park. =O
Old 01-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickkk View Post
Honestly, society has basically evolved into a gay-hating world.
Sorry but I couldn't disagree with you more I will admit that I used to totally against gays and a lot of the world to I'm sure but believe me the world is really starting to accept gays now I have no problem with them the only problem I have is whenever I end up meeting a gay they end up trying to hit on me but even then I don't be a dick to them.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 01-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lightning View Post
I'm not 'gay', because I do have a girlfriend (and if you don't believe that, gtfo), but I don't see why homosexuals should be treated differently to straight people.
Gay people can have girlfriends!!

Also i am super gay and it just makes me UGHHH!!!! when people say that is so gay. its liek cum on man do you know I am gay? Are you tries to make me angry? if you are you are doing good job!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Apocrypha Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Apocrypha

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thoughts of Warhol View Post
Well. Yes. This is going to be a rant. So if you don't like the fact that I'm ranting, then don't SPAM my thread. And if your going to say "gay". Then you're just immature...

Here's a little quote from Lord Lucario. Just to start things off.

Notice the picture and the bolded word. The word "gay" is perhaps the most hurtful, overused, NEGATIVE, CRUEL, and annoying word used to this day. I myself am bisexual, and when I hear that word every single day, it just...as Peter Griffin says...Grinds my gears. I hear it from the mouth of only ONE type of person. Literally. Probably more. But, I mainly hear it come from the mouths of jocks. If anyone has a say in this, please, go ahead. SAY IT!
Hmmm.

1. Don't watch Family Guy. Just... don't.
2. There are worse words than that. The "n-word" is more hurtful, overused, NEGATIVE, CRUEL, and annoying than that.
3. Unless someone is flaming a homosexual or bisexual, don't take it seriously. I use it as an adjective for many things, but not for hate. I call something that I think is stupid or retarded gay. As in:
"Hey man, they just banned us from going to the party."
"Dude, that's sooo gay."
4. I don't hate homos or bis, but I use the word.
5. Jocks are only about 20% of the people who use the word.
6. Don't watch Family Guy, or quote it in a serious discussion to prove your point.

^ Epic banner made by Anastasia-R ^
Old 01-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

That is so freaking smurf. Yeah you have good points gay is a word that is burned into our everyday language and I just don't see it going anywhere.
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 01-28-2009, 07:00 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
Sorry but I couldn't disagree with you more I will admit that I used to totally against gays and a lot of the world to I'm sure but believe me the world is really starting to accept gays now I have no problem with them the only problem I have is whenever I end up meeting a gay they end up trying to hit on me but even then I don't be a dick to them.
You don't see anyone saying 'I met a straight', so I don't think you should say 'I met a gay'. :x

I have nothing against people who are 'gay', but I do believe that the term has evolved too rapidly. 'Gay' to mean 'happy/joyful' was always remain the true meaning, so basically, whenever you say 'This pencil is so gay', you're saying 'This pencil is so happy'.

And PainKiller, I think you can find other ways to argue your point that insulting people ^^;
Old 01-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
I have nothing against people who are 'gay', but I do believe that the term has evolved too rapidly. 'Gay' to mean 'happy/joyful' was always remain the true meaning, so basically, whenever you say 'This pencil is so gay', you're saying 'This pencil is so happy'.
No, that is not what you're saying. If it were in some nonsensical context, then maybe, but the way that most people use that word, especially when referring to an object, means stupid, bad, etc.

Hi

Last edited by Fire Away; 01-28-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:13 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
No, that is not what you're saying. If it were in some nonsensical context, then maybe, but the way that most people use that word, especially when referring to an object, means stupid, bad, etc.
That's what they want to say. Not what they're are technically saying.

I just don't see the point. I rarely use slang, just use stuff like 'quid', 'stack it', stuff like that (yeah, even if they're not frequent where you are, they are here). Is it so hard to use 'stupid'. Oh no, it's one extra syllable! So much work! :x
Old 01-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

I don't like the thought of banning words or avoiding using them because we have all explained that when the word gay is used it's not intended to offend anyone it's just one of those words that gets thrown around all the time and it's not going to stop.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
That's what they want to say. Not what they're are technically saying.

I just don't see the point. I rarely use slang, just use stuff like 'quid', 'stack it', stuff like that (yeah, even if they're not frequent where you are, they are here). Is it so hard to use 'stupid'. Oh no, it's one extra syllable! So much work! :x
Do you realize how ridiculous that is? Are you saying that every time you say one word has more than one meaning, you only mean one thing? If I were to say "stop making such a racket", I actually mean "stop making such a object I hit a ball with!"

Language changes. You can't dispute that.

Hi