Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

View Poll Results: metallica or megadeth
metallica 22 70.97%
megadeth 2 6.45%
both 5 16.13%
neither 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2009, 02:32 AM
All Hope Is Gone Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to All Hope Is Gone Send a message via Yahoo to All Hope Is Gone
Default metallica or megadeth

which one do you like or do you hate both tell me

my favorite is metallica megadeth sucks

Vpp URPG
YouTube Channel

War does not determine who is right....only who is left.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:50 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal
Default Re: metallica or megadeth

Metallica was good... until the Black Album. Then they later went on to release St. Anger, which catapulted them to being the gayest band in the universe (until Cryptopsy released The Unspoken King). I still love me some Ride the Lightning though.

Unfortunately Megadeth sold out too.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:47 AM
Powerman 6k Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Powerman 6k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucario View Post

Metallica was good... until the Black Album. Then they later went on to release St. Anger, which catapulted them to being the gayest band in the universe (until Cryptopsy released The Unspoken King). I still love me some Ride the Lightning though.

Unfortunately Megadeth sold out too.
OH WOW! That just pisses me off. SO BAD! I hate it when people are so negative against the term "gay". Oh my freakin' God. I think I'll make a thread on this. ANYWAY! The Black Album was instrumentally brilliant. And St. Anger was moderately good. Garage, Inc...Just killed them. Death Magnetic is what shot them back up the charts and got their respect back to me. I love them more then ever now.

Megadeth, not so much. But I give kudos to Mustaine for still playing music, even though he has that wrist injury. He's kicking Death in the teeth. And I love it. And Peace Sells was such an amazing CD! God. I'm gonna go with both! Woo! Thrash metal is for the win! Now...You should make one between the remaining Big 4 of Thrash Metal...Antrhax and Slayer >_> That should be interesting...
Old 01-28-2009, 03:50 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thoughts of Warhol View Post
OH WOW! That just pisses me off. SO BAD! I hate it when people are so negative against the term "gay". Oh my freakin' God. I think I'll make a thread on this. ANYWAY! The Black Album was instrumentally brilliant. And St. Anger was moderately good. Garage, Inc...Just killed them. Death Magnetic is what shot them back up the charts and got their respect back to me. I love them more then ever now.

Megadeth, not so much. But I give kudos to Mustaine for still playing music, even though he has that wrist injury. He's kicking Death in the teeth. And I love it. And Peace Sells was such an amazing CD! God. I'm gonna go with both! Woo! Thrash metal is for the win! Now...You should make one between the remaining Big 4 of Thrash Metal...Antrhax and Slayer >_> That should be interesting...
I hate it when people take the Lord's name in vain. I think I'll make a thread about it.

On second thought, I'll do the mature thing and not whine about it.

Selling out is the worst thing a band can do. Metallica alienated almost all of their 80's thrash fans.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:58 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

Metallica kicks Megadeath's ass anyday. But that's just my personal opinion, so don't quote me on it.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 01-28-2009, 04:10 AM
Powerman 6k Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Powerman 6k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucario View Post
I hate it when people take the Lord's name in vain. I think I'll make a thread about it.

On second thought, I'll do the mature thing and not whine about it.

Selling out is the worst thing a band can do. Metallica alienated almost all of their 80's thrash fans.
Oh yes. Since when has it been considered immature to speak one's own mind? And yes, they did sell out. But that doesn't mean they didn't have great music. Probably not their BEST years, compared to Kill 'em All, ...And Justice for All, and Ride the Lightning. But still pretty damn good. In fact, I'm jamming to "For Whom the Bell Tolls" as we speak. I love both Metallica AND Megadeth. And did you forget that Mustaine WAS in Metallica, and that METALLICA did steal some of Mustaine's work? Including.. Mechanix (The Four Horsemen) ?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:13 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thoughts of Warhol View Post
Oh yes. Since when has it been considered immature to speak one's own mind? And yes, they did sell out. But that doesn't mean they didn't have great music. Probably not their BEST years, compared to Kill 'em All, ...And Justice for All, and Ride the Lightning. But still pretty damn good. In fact, I'm jamming to "For Whom the Bell Tolls" as we speak. I love both Metallica AND Megadeth. And did you forget that Mustaine WAS in Metallica, and that METALLICA did steal some of Mustaine's work? Including.. Mechanix (The Four Horsemen) ?
Yes, I did know that, and nobody ever said you couldn't like their later works. The fact of the matter is, Metallica quit making thrash, and started making pop-rock.

But... who cares? Sadus is the best thrash band.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Metallica is probably one of my favorite bands of all time, but I'm not an idiot. The Black Album maybe had, 3 decent songs on it. That's when they sold out and went commercial and went into their decade+ without a good song or album:

-Load
-ReLoad
-Garage Inc.
-St. Anger

They all sucked. Load and ReLoad were alternative rock garbage, Garage Inc. was some lackluster covers and St. Anger just sounded horrible. Nu Metal garbage if you ask me.

"Death Magnetic" is decent, and imo better than the Black Album because it feels more like a Metallica album. Long, epic songs that are complex. And Justice for All anyone?

But, I like Megadeth too. Albums like "Killing is my Business", "Peace Sells", 'Rust in Peace", ect. But they too went into a period where all they released was garbage. Thankfully they saved themselves with "The System Has Failed" and their most recent album "United Abominations" was pretty good as well. They also have a new record coming out in Spring/Summer of this year.

I'd love to say that Metallica is my favorite, if we were only talking about the first four albums. But since we are talking about a full discography, I feel both bands are pretty much even.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:29 PM
atucker22 Offline

They're both sweet, why should we argue?
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Old 01-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by atucker22 View Post
They're both sweet, why should we argue?
Because it is fun.

Oh, and Wunsch. Slayer is by far the greatest Thrash Metal band ever.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:18 AM
LS Offline

Metallica is and will always be an amazing band. Sure St. Anger sucked but Death Magnetic made decent sales and had some nice songs. But.. who listens to Metallicas new stuff anyway. Ride the Lightning Justice for All and Master of Puppets were in my opinion the best albums ever released by any band excluding Led Zepplin.

Just my dollar and a half

Oh and Megadeth is a great band but they just don't have what Metallica have. Dave Mustaine< Kirk Hammet.

GF

Last edit.. There are many other bands that were out that you couldve put in this poll too... For example Slayer and Anthrax were also considered one of the top thrash/metal bands of the time.

OMG LAST EDIT I SWEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thoughts of Warhol
Mustaine was horrible for Metallica. He at first ruined there image. He would refuse to rehearse and would get wasted which got him kicked from the band. All bands copy SOMETHING from someother people. Oh and The Four Horsemen wasn't a great song imo. ^_^

Last edited by LS the Door Mat; 01-31-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:43 AM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

Metallica.

I'm not one for old st00f, i respect their achievements, but that doesn't mean I have to listen to them, but still Metallica are better than Megadeth.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Vlad The Impaler Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Metallica. Death Magnetic is genious.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:40 PM
LS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampaging Luvdisc View Post
Metallica. Death Magnetic is genious.
Death Magnetic only had two good songs. The Day that Never Comes and The Unforgiven III. Oh and it's spelled GENIUS.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:26 AM
Orthar Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS the Door Mat View Post
Death Magnetic only had two good songs. The Day that Never Comes and The Unforgiven III. Oh and it's spelled GENIUS.
Both of those fail.

The Day That Never Comes was essentially four minutes of ****, and then four minutes of recycled riffs. Unforgiven 3 blew.

Good songs off of DM:

-That Was Just Your Life
-The End of the Line
-The Judas Kiss
-Broken Beaten Scarred
-All Nightmare Long
-My Apocalypse

For Metallica's age and after a 15 year drought without any good songs, DM was actually decent. Is it anything close to the first four albums? Hell no. Does that automatically make it bad? Hell no.