Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee
Default Re: Death Penalty

Hang on: I'm seeing a lot of people here backing up the Death Penalty under the claim that "getting rid of them is cheaper for Americans" or something along those lines.

Um... wtf? Seriously, if you guys are more concerned about your money than the value of a human life - no matter how despicable the acts that person may have committed - you seriously need to get your morals sorted out.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:58 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid3r View Post
Well seeing how federal state prisons allow the convicts access to many things you'd be surprised how good the have it. Internet access, books, weight rooms. Even the ability to be educated. It's not worth it, they get off so easy.
Not to mention how much all of that crap costs. We shouldn't give murderers or child molesting scum free access to these things, while we have to pay for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splishee View Post
Hang on: I'm seeing a lot of people here backing up the Death Penalty under the claim that "getting rid of them is cheaper for Americans" or something along those lines.

Um... wtf? Seriously, if you guys are more concerned about your money than the value of a human life - no matter how despicable the acts that person may have committed - you seriously need to get your morals sorted out.
Tell that to the criminals. They didn't value their victims' lives, or their own for that matter. If they're not going to respect others' right to life, why should we respect theirs?

Last edited by MaskedJackal; 01-20-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucario View Post
Tell that to the criminals. They didn't value their victims' lives, or their own for that matter. If they're not going to respect others' right to life, why should we respect theirs?
Why should we stoop to their level? If we degrade the value of a human life, are we truly any better than them?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:17 PM
spid3r Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splishee View Post
Why should we stoop to their level? If we degrade the value of a human life, are we truly any better than them?
Oh, so you're saying the men that rape little girls should be awarded a place to stay, three meals, and a bed to sleep on? Yeah, you're right they deserve that.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Bring it back.

Along with the stocks. Lock 'em in and throw tomatoes at 'em. They'll never kill again.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Elrond Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Elrond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arate View Post
Tell me, have you ever heard of anyone who likes being in jail?

It's big enough penalty to be sealed away from the outer world, knowing you're probably one of the most unpopular people on the planet.
Then why do so many people go right back to their criminal ways after getting out?

No, I don't support the death penalty, but life in prison sounds like a pretty good punishment for a lot of people. And I absolutely think that we're much too nice in a lot of prisons.

I really don't put much importance on the issue of the death penalty, since it pales in comparison to a lot of other issues out there that need to be fixed coughabortioncough. But this isn't the place to talk about that. Looking at this issue on its own, I don't think that taking someone's life is the right thing to do as punishment, but I'm not going to cry over someone who's murdered numerous people, among other crimes.

Quote:
SotaOMG (10:05:46 PM): i think stunky is sexy
iamnotyou11 (10:05:54 PM): Soda stop being gay
supermonkey07@cox.net (10:06:03 PM): ironic statement?
<URPG>
I can probably take some grading requests now. But don't all rush me at once. :/
Old 01-20-2009, 07:42 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodys_Nerd View Post
Then why do so many people go right back to their criminal ways after getting out?

No, I don't support the death penalty, but life in prison sounds like a pretty good punishment for a lot of people. And I absolutely think that we're much too nice in a lot of prisons.

We'd still have to pay to house them, feed them, clothe them ect. They're garbage. My garbage isn't entitled to any rights; I throw it away. Why should they be treated any differently?
Old 01-20-2009, 11:03 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucario View Post
We'd still have to pay to house them, feed them, clothe them ect. They're garbage. My garbage isn't entitled to any rights; I throw it away. Why should they be treated any differently?
Man, they way you talk, you don't really sound like a chirstian.

Hated to say that, but gosh calling people garbage? I don't care what they did, I would never call someone's life garbage. Yeah I know what they did is wrong, but I really do believe in giving people second chances, and I think letting someone live is a second chance.

Also, I guess it is ok to pay for a criminal who hasn't commited murder?

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Honestly if someone has murdered multiple people then yes they deserve the death penalty because after you murder someone your life is over anyways because you wont be able to find a job,you have no friends,etc. I hate to say this but I feel that the death penalty is very needed and it would help save America money because we are spending a lot on people who have nothing else to live for seeing as they screwed up big time but only multi murderers should die.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 01-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

I don't think people should be killed because they cost us money.

While the things they did are unforgivable, violence is never the answer.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Woodchuck Offline

Send a message via MSN to Woodchuck Send a message via Skype™ to Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
violence is never the answer.
If the criminals would believe that, there wouldn't even be a need for this discussion. =/
-Jake-

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."
Old 01-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Lusitania Offline

I agree that none should deserve to die. I think that the worse the crimes they commit, the worse they get treated.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:33 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stevee View Post
Man, they way you talk, you don't really sound like a chirstian.

Hated to say that, but gosh calling people garbage? I don't care what they did, I would never call someone's life garbage. Yeah I know what they did is wrong, but I really do believe in giving people second chances, and I think letting someone live is a second chance.

Also, I guess it is ok to pay for a criminal who hasn't commited murder?
I'm talking about those that rape children or commit murder. They've abused their right to life by using it to commit heinous crimes. Therefore, their right to life should be revoked.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

But they no longer have any purpose or anything to do in life once you kill someone you are permanently stained and after you realize how bad murder is you yourself will probably want to die because that person has caused so much pain and suffering and as we all know the world is very overpopulated so this is a logical move even if it seems bad.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Black Fox of the Darkness Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Black Fox of the Darkness

Also take ito consideration that people blow their secnd chances, and therefore have to be dealt with. Are you gonna say they need 3rd, 4th, and 5th chances?