Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:38 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Default Journey from the Valley

Journey from the Valley

Plot:

Wild pokémon have lived peacefully in a large area consisting of forest, plains, rivers, and lakes. All types of pokémon live here, but in spite of there being various types, there is not a large number of these pokémon living here. Why? It lies in a hidden valley, where for some strange reason, only the pokémon born there know about it. These pokémon haven’t seen the world outside the valley. No outsider has ever stumbled upon it-until now.

It started when a lone growlithe stumbled upon it by pure luck, and that growlithe was soon driven out by one of the valley pokémon. The growlithe, a young pokémon named Firestorm, wanted revenge, and had seen what a marvelous place that valley was, and so he later evolved, and recruited other pokémon-tough pokémon used to living in harsh places, and told them of the amazing valley he’d been to and seen, and soon left to travel to the valley and take it over, to claim it for themselves...

Firestorm and his army have now taken over the valley, and driven out the peaceful valley pokémon, after killing and injuring many. Now the valley pokémon find themselves out of the safety of their home, in lands they have never seen before. Their only hope is to find a new home, and one day come up with a way to stop Firestorm’s army and reclaim their territory.

Rules and character refs here

Now for the roleplay to start-remember to mention your characters' species every so often as it will probably be a bit confusing in the beginning. Also, please have your characters meet up with others fast as I will do once people start posting-it'll be boring if your character's all alone and the escapers need to group together ^^

Bright sunlight slanted into Nightfang's eyes as the mightyena walked further away from the rocky base of one of the mountains surrounding the valley and towards where she hoped other escapers had gone. The claw marks she had obtained from a battle with a zangoose in Firestorm's army stung painfully, and the world outside of the valley had come as a complete shock.

She was staring at a desolate wasteland that stretched farther than she could see. Here and there the flat, dusty earth was peppered with brown rocks and a few stunted trees, but there was little else. The whole place seemed eerie and hostile. There was no water to be seen, and without the shade of the forest she was used to living in while in the Valley, the heat felt unbearable.

"Bladestrike...are you coming?" she asked in a dull tone, her voice sounding strained and weak, but whether that was due to exhaustion, or fear, or both, she wasn't completely sure.

A ways behind her, the scyther following her looked up. Nightfang turned to look at him, realizing that the confused look had not left his eyes-and after their brief discussion before setting out to find the others, she knew something was wrong with him. She had already had to remind him of what his name was several times. She was sure it had something to do with the deep jagged wound on his head, and once again she wished she could have been able to ask him where he got it.

"Where are we going?" Bladestrike asked, his voice sounding more scared than Nightfang felt.

"We're going to find any other survivors," she replied, trying to keep as calm as she could. "They'll know what we can do..." She sighed, knowing that that was far from the truth. Their home had been lost, and going to back to the Valley would be suicide.

"Survivors?" Bladestrike asked.

"Yes, survivors! Your friends," she told him, but his expression remained blank. Turning away from him, she kept walking forward. "Just follow me."

At first Bladestrike had been unwilling to trust this strange mightyena-for all he knew she could have been one of the ones that hurt him. However he had chosen to follow her as she seemed to know his name and acted nice around him, and there was something vaguely familiar about her, though it could have just been his imagination. He just wished he wouldn't keep forgetting her name...

It wasn't easy to keep up with her as the frantic mightyena increased her pace, desperate to find some of these "survivors" she kept talking about. Though his leg was injured by a burn and his wings torn, Bladestrike found that that wasn't what was slowing him down-the pain from the wound in his head was far worse.

"What are we looking for?" he called to her. "There's nothing here!"

Nightfang, coming close to panic at being isolated in such a hostile world she knew nothing about, barely noticed the scyther's shout. Bladestrike couldn't defend himself-or her, or even get away if they were attacked. And now that she thought about it...neither could she, but at least she could remember what had happened. She worried that if Bladestrike became more afraid or lost trust in her he might run straight back to the Valley-and be killed.

Not knowing what else to do, the mightyena threw back her head and let out a long, mournful-sounding howl. The other canine pokémon in the Valley would have recognized it as a call for help-and although she wasn't sure any other species would recognize it, it might alert others to her location.

But then again, it might alert enemies too...

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-

Last edited by Scytherwolf; 05-21-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:55 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: Journey from the Valley

Poppy, Chip and Torin

A Furret stopped and sank to to the ground, tired after traveling so far, so quickly. Her brother saw her stop and bounced back to her, followed by a shiny Pikachu.

"C'mon Poppy, I know you're tired, but we gotta keep moving." The larger of the two Furret tugged on his sister, sitting her upright. "We have to find someplace safe for the night."

Poppy was a bit smaller than most Furret, and her green eyes were on the verge of tears. "I can't Chip," she said softly. "I can't feel my paws anymore and my back is so sore."

Chip looked at her sympathetically. Under her brown and cream stripes, there was a terrible bruise forming across her back from the force of Gyro Ball by a Forretress. He looked at the Pikachu worriedly. Torin was not really paying attention as he fumbled with the string of freshwater shells around his neck. His grandmother, and the only mother the Furret siblings had ever known, was killed by the Forretress and an angry Victreebel. All four fought the powerful Pokemon, but the old Raichu did not make it, pouring the last of her energy into the strongesst Hyper Beam any of them had ever seen. There was no time to react though as more of the Arcanine's army chased them away.

They had run all day away from the only home they ever knew. Torin was pretty roughed up, Poppy had recieved a direct hit from behind, and Chip had a cut on his side from the Leaf Blade he did not see coming. Looking at the other two he sighed then glanced around. Now was not the time to be acting like a kit. Both cream-tipped ears shot straight up at a slight sound. Clambering up a large boulder next to them, he focused to the east a bit, then jumped back down.

"You two stay here for just a minute. Catch your breath while I look ahead." Without waiting for an answer, he ran off.

Poppy watched him disappear past an outcrop, then huddled back against the boulder. She felt vulnerable out in the open, and her back felt as if it were on fire. She heard a sniff and turned her head to see Torin gazing back up the mountain.

"We couldn't even bury her." The Pikachu closed his eyes and turned his face to the ground. "It's not fair. No one deserves this."

"Nevi didn't deserve it."

Torin looked up at the Furret's comment. Poppy was looking at the shells around his neck, the necklace that had always belonged to Nevita. His grandmother had given them to him just before she died. Tears started to trickle down the small Furret's cheeks.

"We couldn't even say goodbye to her." She finally broke down in sobs, covering both eyes with her paws. "And now, we don't know where anyone is!"

The young Pikachu listened to his friend, not knowing what to say. When they found the pass out of the valley, realization had dawned on him, once they left, he would have no idea where his parents were. Torin was nearly ready to turn and run back down the valley, until Chip tackled him out of the way of a large rock some Pokemon had thrown. The Furret told him that he would not be able to find his parents if those other Pokemon found him first. So, he turned away, and ran down the mountain with his friends.

Now he sat and watched one of his best friends cry from the impact of the days events. A noise close by made both of them jump. Chip had his paws crossed over the dark stripes on his chest, tapping a foot.

"I leave for a minute and come back to find a Pikachu with a face longer than a Ponyta and a Furret crying enough to bring on the rain." The two Pokemon looked at each other, then slowly, both allowed a small smile. Chip nodded in satisfaction. "C'mon you two. I found a spring. It's small, but it's something. And there's a big rock overhang where we can spend the night."

As he led them around the rock outcrop, Poppy saw her brother wince. "Are you okay Chip?"

He looked back at her and nodded. "Yeah, my side just stings a little is all." He smiled reassuringly, but Poppy wasn't so sure.

The spring was only about a hundred yards from where they stopped, and was actually no more than a bubbling puddle. The fresh water spilled down the rocks in a thin trickle, allowing a few short, hardy plants to grow in spaces among the rock. All three took turns drinking from the cool water, then climbed up to the overhang to rest, falling asleep almost instantly.

They were not asleep long when Poppy stirred. She looked around confused for a moment, until she realized where they fell asleep. Standing up, she walked to edge of the crevice and strained her ears to hear something. The movement made Chip and Torin wake up.

The Pikachu rubbed an eye. "What's going on?"

"I heard something. At least, I thought I heard something." Poppy continued to look around. "It was so clear, but far away...and sad." She shook her head as she tried to figure it out. Did I even hear it? Or was it in my head?

"You shouldn't worry about it too much sis. You need some rest, it's been a lon- AH!" Chip had just started to rise when a sharp pain in his side caused him to collapse. It was then that he noticed he was shivering, even though the air was stifling.

As soon as her brother cried out, the smaller Furret had dashed back to him. "Chip! What's wrong?"

Torin was already at work. He looked at the cut in Chip's side and cringed. "This is deeper than we thought it was." Placing a paw on the Furret's side, he nearly drew back. He's burning up! Acting quick, he untied the bandana from his friend's neck and ran out to the spring. The Pikachu then dashed back and, twisting the cloth, wrung the water out over the wound making Chip flinch. "I'm sorry! It needs to be cleaned out." He ran back out and soaked the dark bandana again. This time when he came back, he carefully laid it across the cut. The young Furret winced again, then lay shivering. "Poppy see if you can keep him warm. I need to go see if any of those little plants out there might help." He stopped before walking away. "Don't worry, I'll have you back to yourself by morning."

Chip smiled, "Oh yeah? I'll betcha it's before."

Smiling back, Torin hurried back to the spring to search among the small, sparce vegitation. Poppy, meanwhile, laid down next to her brother and curled her thick tail up over him. "I'm sorry I didn't notice."

Sighing, the bigger Furret spoke softly. "You shouldn't have to notice. We were running, it's not your fault." His sister gently set her head down on his back. After a moment, Chip could feel something damp where her head was laying. "What did I tell you about bringing the rain?" he said gently. "Now I'm all wet." Poppy couldn't help but let a small giggle escape among her sad tears.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Dragonair_blizzard Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Dragonair_blizzard

A blue serpent like Pokemon flew in the air as she looked around. Kairyu flew aimlessly around the outside world. It was so different from their home, everything she could see now is bleak, while inside the valley, it was lush and clean. Questions started to pour onto her head as she looked at the desolated area. Where their another dangerous group of Pokemon like the Arcanine's ready to kill them? Where is any food and water? How long can I survive for?

Kairyu was starting to become thirsty, before she tried to search for any source of drinkable liquid. She flew lower to the ground before looking around for the water. Before long, Kairyu found a tiny puddle of water, with the source coming from the rocks in tiny amounts. Looking at the small puddle, Kairyu bent down and drank some, before washing the wound from a Salamence's Dragon Claw during the battle.

Before long, rain came down and Kairyu looked upwards at the grey sky. She didn't mind the rain, but there could be Pokemon to attack her, so she rose up again and started to fly away slowly. All she could think of was the other Dragonairs, Dratinis and Dragonites. They were he family, but Kairyu was the only Dragonair to come out. The others failed to escape. As she though of that, the Dragonair began thinking that there is a chance others survived as well.

Links
Credit to Zapdogre for the av and Palkiaperson for sig.

Last edited by Dragonair_blizzard; 01-09-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:08 PM
sir_Aaron Offline

A large monstrosity of an Onix lay on the the ground, resting. Ever since the valley was attacked by the foolish Arcanine's army, it wasn't the same as before. Others were leaving the valley to run away, some were becoming far too aggressive. The only GOOD thing about this is that he was able to ally with some of his own species to battle the army. It was as if they were family at that time, protecting each other like a herd of Donphan would do their own. Abilar's eyes snapped open when he heard the familiar roar of another Onix. He rose up high to see the passerby. It WAS another Onix, but of course not a Crystal Onix like himself. He finally spoke up, his deep, gruff voice startling the other. "You, brother, are you alright?" He asked, trying to sound as nice as possible. The Onix looked at him and nodded slowly, but it's eyes showed fear. "Do not fear me, brother. I am one of you." Abilar explained, before seeing a bruise on the other Onix's body. "You do not seem alright." He approached, pushing himself forward for a closer look. "Sadly, there is nothing I can do." He mumbled, glancing at the Onix. "But, you can follow me around for awhile. I'll be happy for FIND some help for you..."
Old 01-09-2009, 09:50 PM
my-little-starr Offline

A small yellow rodent pokemon made her way through some brush. She had rumors of a valley that had been taken over by an Arcanine and his army. Of course she thought it was a mere rumor.

"How could an Arcanine be so powerful?" Yuri asked herself. "Its not possible. That valley is probably a myth. I've never heard of such a thing." she mumbled wiping some dirt off of her pink electric sacs and pulling twigs from her fur.Yuri didn't know what to believe anymore. If the valley existed shouldn't she try and help any survivors who had managed to escape the army? Or maybe it was all a rumor and she would be going on a wild goose chase.

"It might be a rumor... But if its true then someone out there needs my help. I have to find any survivors from the valley!" she concluded punching a paw in the air.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

A multitude of pawsteps padded the harsh, lifeless ground, sending up small puffs of dust with every step. The creatures of the group, absol, resembled maneless lions with scythes curved to the side in wicked blades of deadliness. It was a small group, only with around 12 individuals or so, their ranks having been depleted by the sudden-and brutal-attack on the Valley. The leading creature's scythe was fractured in half, leaving it jagged...Although this wound had been inflicted years ago. A gash lay across its black gem, and various scratches and cuts stained its white pelt a deep red. The most serious wound was a deep slash on its front left leg, causing it to limp although the piercing red eyes showed no pain nor fear.

"Brokenstar, I...I don't think I can be deputy!" The younger, masculine voice was fraught with uncertainty, belonging to the odd absol padding up beside the older one. A long, lightning bolt tail dragged on the ground after him, his ears in a similar fashion. He lack the scythe, instead having an orange pelt, yellow electrical sacks on his grey muzzle, and brown fur on his paws. The other absol stopped, the group behind it sighing with relief and dropping down where they stood.

"Thunderclaw, you must. You were raised by my best friend and deputy. You have his skills. You have the abilities and strengths of a leader. Perhaps most of all, you possess the heart. I fear...I fear I will not be around much longer." The absaichu stared at Brokenstar, her feminine voice sounding slightly strained. When he opened his mouth to protest, her stern look silenced him before she laid down to rest, Absaichu only being left to stand aghast.

I can't lead this clan...I...I just can't...
Old 01-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Cavalier Offline

Paxson the Linoone
Kirianna the Bellossom

Paxson laid low in the shrub; a grayish-green, sorry excuse for foliage when compared to the dense emerald beauty of nearly every bush in the Valley. It was weird how, when one left a place, they developed a mournful appreciation for every aspect of it. Even its plants. The Linoone's lengthy cream-colored tail twitched with every sound; the snap of a twig, the rustling of decaying leaves. The small splashes coming from the Pokemon he was so intently watching.

It was a Bellossom, no doubt about it. He was inclined to believe that it presented no threat; Bellossoms were hardly known for their capabilities in battle. Yet his ice blue eyes remained wary and distrustful, never leaving the back of the small green figure squatting next to the murky water of what could have passed as a grand-sized puddle; but, seeing as how there hadn't been any rain, was more likely a miserable little pond, being fed by rivulets of water than ran over the rocks originating at an unknown source.

The Bellossom stood up slowly, but remained as it was with its back facing him. His legs, longer than the average Linoone's, bent even closer to the ground than they already were, rubbing the smooth fur of his stomach against the thick waste of leaves that had been ensnared by the shrub's spindly branches. He almost ceased breathing altogether.

The Bellossom suddenly began to spin, it's bell-shaped skirt of green and yellow leaves lifting slightly with the centrifugal force of the turn. Shooting from the wavering skirt were several crescent-shaped leaves, flying at high velocity directly towards Paxson's position. His crouched legs started to move without him being consciously aware of it, the speed that was so known to Linoone's carrying him from his hideout before the ambush could harm him.

The Bellossom ceased her Razor Leaf attack, eying him with cool calculation as she raised her hands above her head. A sphere of bluish-green light appeared between her palms, quickly gaining in mass. She lowered her arms and methodically shoved her palms forward, the Energy Ball flying across the distance to Paxson. This time he did not run - sparks crackling along the fur on his back, he used Thunderbolt instead. The two attacks collided midair, filling the area with a sharp crack as they diffused. The Bellossom grimaced; Paxson smiled. He dashed forward, gaining speed with every step. About a foot from the Bellossom he pushed off the ground, gaining a final bit a velocity as he aimed directly for the Bellossom's midsection.

The Headbutt was spot-on, sending the Bellossom crashing to the ground about ten feet away. She heaved herself up off the rocky terrain, scowling in anger, before trying another Razor Leaf. After a moment, however, she paused. Surrounding her were about twenty Linoone, each one smirking directly at her. She turned around, almost picked one to attack, before turning to her left, then right, falling into indecision. Ingenuity struck, and an orange powder starting to flow freely from the crimson flowers on her head. The images of the Linoone frowned, but it was too late.

The Stun Spore had made contact, and suddenly there was only one Paxson again as his Double Team failed, shuddering with the sheer will to remain standing. His ice blue eyes shut in determination and suddenly reopened, eying the Bellossom defiantly as she approached. He noted the smooth grace of her movements, the way the leaf-skirt kicked back and forth with each step she took, getting closer and closer to him. He realized that she wasn't quite sure what to make of him; her expression was an odd mixture of curiosity and anxiety, interest and some fear. She got within a few inches of his prone form and examined him closely, then folded her arms over her green chest. "You're not one of them," she told him. It wasn't a question.

There was no need to ask about the "them" in her statement. That damned Arcanine's army was the only thing she could have been referring to. "Course not," he said with great effort, still trying to keep from falling over. That Stun Spore was pretty nasty stuff. "I take it you're a Valley girl, then?"

She hesitated, then laughed. The circumstances of this conversation, what with the battle for what may have meant her life (if he had been a soldier) preceding it and then the casual way it had started was fairly humorous. "Born and raised," she answered. She watched him for a few moments as his lithe limbs stopped shaking and remaining upright no longer seemed like a great challenge. "I'm Kirianna," she said simply.

"Paxson," he replied shortly. Silence reigned for the moment, then a soft, mournful howl pierced the air around them. Kirianna glanced about, looking futilely for the source. When she turned back to Paxson, her eyes seemed softer, her whole demeanor a little less whole. The battle had rejuvenated her, stirring feelings that had been dormant since the army's invasion - anger, excitement, thrill. The emptiness that she'd grown accustomed to since then was quickly returning. "Guess we're not the only ones around," she commented sadly.

Paxson shook his head; the paralyzing effects of the Stun Spore had mostly worn off, but he still felt pretty stiff. "There are Valley Pokemon all over the place. I was traveling with a larger group before but..." he trailed off for a moment, but held Kirianna's gaze with with those shockingly blue eyes. "It's too miserable," he said. "So many injured - some mortally so - and everyone's just all torn up over a person... or people... that they lost. And the extent of what they're doing is wandering, so there's really no advantage to it."

Kirianna eyed him enviously. "You were with a group and left? I've been searching everywhere for others! It gets so lonely being out here all by yourself."

He scoffed, "Better lonely than being surrounding by the dying and the ones wishing they were dead." A thick silence fell between them. Paxson turned suddenly towards the pathetic spring, tail twitching incessantly. "We have company," he stated shortly, before dashing off to take cover in the sickly shrubs, just like before. Kirianna, having both nowhere else to go and slightly alarmed by his reaction, followed him. From the bushes they observed what seemed to be an orange-looking Pikachu, running down to the water, dipping something in, and running off again. After a few moments it returned, repeating its previous actions and running off once more.

"Didn't you learn anything from creeping on me?" Kirianna asked him in a throaty whisper. Paxson replied with a small, mischievous smile, the first one she'd ever seen on his face.

"Never claimed to be the type to learn from my mistakes," he remarked. The smile disappeared as the Pikachu returned, beginning to rummage around through the plants near the spring. Kirianna exhaled testily.

"Well, I've had enough of this. I'm just going to go ask what he's doing," she declared, emerging from the hiding place and brushing off the skirt-like leaves.

"Kirianna, wait!" Paxson hissed after her, panicked. "What if he's not one of us?"

"I have a hunch. And you can call me Kiri, if you want," she sing-songed back to him. She began marching towards the Pikachu confidently, but by the time she came within speaking distance her strides had become a mere shuffle.

"Um... hey there," she started, injecting whatever confidence she now lacked into her voice, "I'm Kirianna and... I guess I was just wondering what you were doing."

LOOK AT IT GO.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:44 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

After another bit of howling, Nightfang gave up. No one had answered. The mightyena gazed worriedly out over the wasteland, seeing no sign of anyone. "Come on, Bladestrike..." she muttered, "let's keep going..."

"I...I don't want to," the scyther stammered quickly. He had lay down on the rough dry earth, hoping that after some rest his pain would go away.

"Stand up," Nightfang called to him. "It isn't safe here."

"But there's no one here!" Bladestrike called.

"Not now there isn't...but we don't know what sort of other hostile pokémon live here," Nightfang replied. "Now come on."

"No," Blazefang told her. "It's hard to walk."

Sighing, Nightfang walked over to him. Bladestrike flattened himself against the ground, looking up at her fearfully. "Look," the mightyena whispered. "All I want you to do is to just...follow...me."

"No!" Bladestrike cried, standing up and backing away. "I don't trust you anymore."

"Are you insane?" Nightfang cried, her voice more surprised than angry. "I'm trying to help you find the others. If I'm trying to help you...why on earth don't you trust me?"

"You don't even know where you're going!" Bladestrike growled, turning and running off into the distance.

"Wait!" Nightfang cried, her frustration turning quickly to worry as she gave chase after the scyther. Though injured, Bladestrike was faster than her, and up ahead, dozens of tall rocks loomed, soon hiding him from view. Nightfang kept running, until a sharp jab of pain in her paw made her cry out and stumble. She landed roughly in the dust and turned to look at her forepaw. She had stumbled upon a rock, and the paw was cut and bleeding. Standing up shakily, she limped off toward the rocks, following Bladestrike's scent, while thinking quietly to herself. I don't understand what made him run off like that...

Bladestrike stopped running when the pain in his head became too great. Instead, he wandered among the rocks, following what he thought to be the sound of water. Sure enough, he soon stumbled upon a small stream. Although it wasn't much, he hardly cared, and immediately started drinking from the cool water, not noticing the two furret near him. After he finished drinking, he was starting to wash the blood from the wound in his head when he first noticed the scent of the other pokémon.

Bladestrike lifted his head quickly, spotting the two furret nearby; they had been hidden by rocks when he first came to the area, and when he had seen the stream, he had been too distracted to notice them, but he had made enough noise that they must have certainly noticed him. He froze, starting to back away from the stream carefully, staring at them with a look of fear that did not belong on the face of such a fierce looking pokémon.

As he was backing away, he did not notice Nightfang until she was right beside him. "Well...you found water," she whispered, making the scyther jump. "And..." She looked up, noticing the two furret as well. Quickly, she limped over to them, quickly noticing their injured state. "You're from the valley, right?" she asked, looking at them with concern. "Are you all right."

She turned briefly to look at Bladestrike, who looked ready to run again. "Don't tell me you're afraid of a few furret!" Nightfang called to him. "I bet they're in the same situation as we are."

Bladestrike didn't respond-he had no idea who these strange pokémon were and he had no idea how strong they were either. Instead of approaching them like Nightfang did, he crouched by the stream, watching warily and ignoring the blood that trickled from his wound. Luckily for Nightfang, he felt too weak to run again. However-everything was unfamiliar. He wanted to be alone, but more than that, he wanted to find something that was familiar to him. Nightfang didn't count-he didn't even know whether to trust her or not. But nothing, nothing in this wasteland or the grassy place he had come from seemed to mean anything-it was all strange to him.

-My Links-
Old 01-10-2009, 03:10 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Thunderclaw blinked. "Brokenstar...We need water and shelter. The elders and kits need rest." The older absol lifted her head, peering at the absaichu with calculating eyes. Then, slowly, the noble leader nodded. With permission granted, Thunderclaw took off, a little too energetic, in the direction his gut was telling him to go. His claws struck the ground with muffled thuds, his ears attuned to the slightest sound.

After a while of traveling, or so he thought (it was only 15 minutes) before the sound of water met his ears...Along with the faint smell of several others. Rocks loomed up ahead, and Thunderclaw crept into the shadows, inching carefully before they came into view. Two furret, a mightyena and a scyther stood around a small bubbling spring. They were all injured, and he was reminded of his own wound-during his flight from the Valley, his tail had been stepped on by a charizard...And it stung. A lot. Unsure, Thunderclaw stuck to the shadows, watching them.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:31 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Crystal and Starlight
Crystal stared down at Starlight, her Rapidash friend, beckoning with her head to hurry up the barren hill. The slopes were rocky and steep, so the shiny Ninetales had been ble to glide up the incline with hardly any trouble. Starlight, who's pure, white, four point star gleamed in the faint light, clambered up the loose rocks and small boulders.

"You... know I... am not good... with steep inclines!" Starlight gasped between pants. Crystal threw a sincere, apologetic gaze at her, and slowed her pace.

"What about downhill?" Crystal asked, her melodic voice strong and confident.

"I tumble more than I run."

"Fine. I'll go slow."

The two manuevered down the rocks, getting half-way before a familiar sound reached Crystal's ears. She stopped abruptly, her silver listening tools erect and tuning to the howl resounding across the land, in which faded away. It was not of her kind, but she waited a few seconds, then howled a melodic response that resembled a song.

Crystal waited, and Starlight's tail flicked as she stood still. The shiny Ninetales replayed the other's howl in her head before breaking a brief silence.

"It was a mix of a distress call and a call fo help," she declared.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Sight of the Stars; 01-10-2009 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:39 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

(OOC: Guess I picked the spot. oO)

IC:

Torin was getting lucky. A few good herbs were growing here, but he was not entirely surprised since most were hardy plants anyway. The shiny Pikachu began to gather what he needed in his paws, breaking off pieces rather than destroy the whole plant. He paused for a moment, remembering that was something he learned from his dad. I've never known anyone to get the best of mum and dad. They got out. There's no way they'd let me get away with missing lunch anyway. Shaking his head, Torin half-grinned as he went back to his task, not noticing the grass-skirted Pokemon walk up to him until she spoke.

"Um... hey there." The Pikachu nearly dropped the small bundle he had collected. "I'm Kirianna and... I guess I was just wondering what you were doing."

He gave her a hard look. Her voice sounded confident, but something told him that she was nervous about meeting a stranger. "I'm gathering herbs. I have a friend who was hurt and running made him a little sick." Adding one last bit to the bundle in his arms, he turned to go, half-talking to himself. "These should stop any infec-" The Pikachu stopped mid-sentence. He was looking at the overhang a short distance up from the spring where a Mightyena and Scyther stood by the ledge. Slightly unsure what to make of them, he began jumping up the short slope, careful not to drop his herbs.

Chip and Poppy were dozing slightly when a scrabbling noise nearby woke them. Lifting her head Poppy was a bit startled when she saw a Scyther standing by the overhang. She lifted herself onto her paws, almost as soon as the Scyther noticed they were there. The larger Furret next to her noted the look of fear as the Pokemon began to back away.

"It's alright Poppy," he whispered. "I think he's scared."

Just then a Mightyena appeared next to the Bug Pokemon who jumped at her voice. "Well...you found water. And..." She looked at the Furret siblings, limping toward them. "You're from the valley, right?" she asked. "Are you all right."

Chip could hear his sister sigh with relief as the Mightyena called back to her friend. He tried to rise to meet the newcomers, but Poppy pressed him back down with a warning glance. Rolling his eyes in mock exasperation at her fussing over him, he was glad to hear a small titter from his sister.

The dark-colored Furret lifted his head up to introduce himself. "Yes, we're from the valley. I'm Chip, this is my sister Poppy. And we've been roughed up, but it's nothing that can't be fixed. There have been a lot worse casualties," he said, voice trailing off a bit. Hearing the other Furret sniff next to him, he quickly moved on. "What about you two? You're injured too."

At that moment Torin returned, carrying a small armful of plants. "What's going on?" he asked, eyes narrowing a bit at the strange Pokemon. The Pikachu's uneasiness began to fade when Chip told him they were from the valley. "Really? Cause I think I just met a Bellossum who's from our valley too. Kirianna."

Poppy nearly jumped up and down. "You met someone else? Where?"
Old 01-10-2009, 05:11 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Relief flooded through Nightfang as her beliefs were confirmed-these furret were from the valley. Not soon after, a pikachu appeared, and after hearing him say "our valley", the mightyena began to feel calmer. So there were others who had made it to safety after all.

"Hello Chip," Nightfang told the furret, dipping her head to him slightly. "I am Nightfang, and that scyther is Bladestrike." Bladestrike cast a puzzled look in her direction, and she sighed impatiently. "He's a little confused. Anyway, we managed to get out of the valley, and luckily without any fatal injuries..." she shuddered, remembering the other pokémon she had seen as she fled the valley, bleeding to death on the lush grass of a land that was once peaceful...

"Well.." she continued, driving the thoughts from her mind. "I'm not hurt bad...a few big scratches here and there and a cut on my paw, but I'm sure I'll be fine if I get them clean. Bladestrike's worse off."

The mightyena glanced at the herbs Torin was carrying, wondering if he would offer help to her as well. Turning away from them briefly, she dipped her bleeding paw in the stream, trying to clean the cut. "Bladestrike..." she told the scyther still crouching fearfully a little ways away. "It's fine, they're from the valley."

At this Bladestrike only stood up and walked away, out of Nightfang's sight. "He better not be running off again," she sighed, and with a look at the furret, she added, "he can't really remember who I am." She paused as she heard a distant howl from somewhere far off, or at least she thought she did. Unsure whether or not she had really heard something, she didn't know whether or not to reply.

Bladestrike was too exhausted for running. Once out of sight of the others, he lay down by a big rock, keeping his eyes on the place where the stream was in case any of the pokémon came near him. Seeing the two furret siblings had made him suddenly wish that there was someone who could help him...really help, not just force him to walk aimlessly, and someone he could help as well...like those furret. They had seemed like nice pokémon-one of them had been helping the other and letting him rest. He wondered if they could give him more detail on what had happened.

Yet fear kept him where he was. He wasn't their kind-and he feared that if he got to close to him, they would attack. He didn't know what attacks furret used, but considering he didn't know if he knew enough about fighting to defend himself, he didn't want to take any chances.

While he lay by the rock, Bladestrike did not notice Thunderclaw nearby, as his gaze was focused on the stream where the other pokémon were, too preoccupied with wondering if maybe he should take his chances with talking to them to look anywhere else around him.

-My Links-

Last edited by Scytherwolf; 01-10-2009 at 05:22 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:21 AM
my-little-starr Offline

Yuri tripped over yet another tree root, and with a exasperated sigh sat down to rest. She had been traveling for about two hours, but had yet to come across any of the valley pokemon.

"It could be worse....I could have ran into army pokemon..." she shuddered as she uttered that sentence. Just the thought of having to serve under the command of someone who was so cruel as to drive so many peaceful pokemon from their home made her sick.

"What's this?" Yuri lifted her nose to the scent and began to sniff. She could smell water as well as five...no six different smells coming from the same place. She could also smell blood.

"They could be hurt! I'd better go help them." she decided as got back to her feet. They were sore and ached from stepping on many sharp and pointy rocks, but she wasn't going to give up.

So she set in the direction of water, and hopefully some friends....
Old 01-10-2009, 05:52 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Crystal and Starlight
The two paued, listened, and froze. Nothing. Crystal howled again, this time louder and deeper. She carried the howl for at least ten seconds then lowered her head. She began to move while waiting for a reply, trying to trace the first howl back to it's voicer.

Starlight plodded along silently behind, her ears flicking. Then wind shifted and the breeze blew Crystal's beautiful tails back into a streamlined position as the wind picked up. She picked up the very faint smell of water and Pokemon, and eagerly.

"I believe we're far away." Starlight pointed out. Crystal nodded, and sniffed the rocks, hoping to pick out a more distinct scent that could classify any species of Pokemon in this area. Only a vague scent of Ratatta, and an even stronger scent of blood, which she hasitly ignored. Discouraged, but more disappointed than discouraged, she trudged on, following the scent of clean water. As the made it to the base of the hill, Starlight saught out a patch of grass and ate.

Both lay down on the same patch of grass Starlight had been eating from, ears erect and listening.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 01-10-2009, 02:26 PM
my-little-starr Offline

Yuri raised her nose in the air and sniffed again. The smell of the pokemon and water she had smelled earlier was closer.

"Almost there...." she sighed. She had been walked for quite some time and had yet to reach the river and those who were possibly hurt.

Just when she was about to give up she heard the sound of running water and near-by voices. She began hopping up the slope and emerged in a small clearing. After looking around her gaze landed on some pokemon.

Two Furret, one of which looked really hurt, a Pikachu, a Mightyena, and not far off there was a Scyther who looked injured and afraid.

"Um... Hello there. My name is Yuri. Nice to meet you." she greeted with a smile.