Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:54 AM
MB500 Offline
New Trainer

Default New Member with 1 question

In the pokedex I see there are breeding attacks. Does this mean a parent pokemon will aquire this attack after being bred? Or does it mean this pokemon will aquire this attack if it is the "child pokemon" of 2 other bred pokemon?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:04 AM
Josh Offline

Send a message via MSN to Josh
Default Re: New Member with 1 question

The parent won't learn anything new. The baby learns the move.

If you want the right moveset for your Pokemon it can take quite a while to breed it properly.

Intolerance
Current Chapter: Eighteen

URPG
Old 01-07-2009, 03:36 AM
zuper8 Offline

the baby pokemon will have the same species as the mom, but the same moves as the dad. the parents won't learn any new moves. but if you want the baby to have certain moves, make sure the dad knows them.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:37 AM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

To add on to what zuper8 said, there are also egg groups. If the two pokemon you are trying to breed together are not in the same egg group, they cannot breed, therfore you cannot get an offspring with an egg move. For example, say I want a Riolu with Blaze Kick. Lucario is in the humanshape egg group, so you need to find a pokemon that knows Blaze kick, that's male, and is in the same egg group. A male Blaziken fits that category. You get a female lucario, and a male blaziken that knows Blaze kick, and wait for them to make an egg. Then hatch it, and ta-da! You have a Riolu with Blaze Kick.
BTW, You can have a Riolu with Sky Uppercut, AND Blaze Kick because Blaziken learns both. There is also advanced egg move breeding, to where you would need to breed a pokemon to get an egg move and breed the offspring with the EM with another pokemon, but I don't feel like explaining that as well.
EDIT: lolwoops. This is in GSC forum. It should work the same in GSC, though I believe. :$

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Closed Thread