Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar
Default Re: Fed launches Two Trillion Dollar bailout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
Good point. The policies are screwed, and chances are it's the Republican party's fault.
The Republicans want stimuli (Plural of stimulus, or incentives) to be in the economy for.. obvious reasons. Democrats are like "Lets pay all their bills, down to their fluffy pink bunny slippers!" J.M. Keynes specifically said stimulus not bailout. And the Democrats quoting him have conveniently misunderstood him inspite of quoting him. Republicans are doing the right thing for the economy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_economics

According to Keynesian economics the state should stimulate economic growth and improve stability in the private sector - through, for example, interest rates, taxation and public projects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Unions and free trade agreements don't mix. If these companies like Ford and GM get this bailout package, its basically going to go to they can pay off their union workers.

And guys, don't put too much faith and heart on Obama. Too many people are thinking the guy can somehow work miracles just with his presence...
Obama's no better. Seriously, Democrats have started quoting Keynesian policies...they don't seem to understand the difference between incentives and bailout. :| And one of the biggest failures is Obama.

I wish Obama'd shut up. He can help the economy a lot by taking a blanket and hiding under it with his mouth shut. Neo, you had a point from the start, I'm wondering if his "Change" is hogwash, although I won't write him off...yet. But he's off to a really miserable start.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:36 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: Fed launches Two Trillion Dollar bailout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Unions and free trade agreements don't mix. If these companies like Ford and GM get this bailout package, its basically going to go to they can pay off their union workers.

And guys, don't put too much faith and heart on Obama. Too many people are thinking the guy can somehow work miracles just with his presence...
I expected that from a Republican...

Also, just as many people are thinking that he should never have been voted for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Fairy Sugar View Post

The Republicans want stimuli (Plural of stimulus, or incentives) to be in the economy for.. obvious reasons. Democrats are like "Lets pay all their bills, down to their fluffy pink bunny slippers!" J.M. Keynes specifically said stimulus not bailout. And the Democrats quoting him have conveniently misunderstood him inspite of quoting him. Republicans are doing the right thing for the economy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_economics

According to Keynesian economics the state should stimulate economic growth and improve stability in the private sector - through, for example, interest rates, taxation and public projects.
Obama's no better. Seriously, Democrats have started quoting Keynesian policies...they don't seem to understand the difference between incentives and bailout. :| And one of the biggest failures is Obama.

I wish Obama'd shut up. He can help the economy a lot by taking a blanket and hiding under it with his mouth shut. Neo, you had a point from the start, I'm wondering if his "Change" is hogwash, although I won't write him off...yet. But he's off to a really miserable start.
Let's just wait to see if Obama actually does what he promises. Then we'll start talking about him. Oh, that applies to both the Democrat and Republican parties too.