Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Giratina Offline

Default ABECEDARIAN: Yay or Nay? (Pokémon fanfic idea)

I made up a name for it, and I typed up part of the first chapter. If you could give it a read-over and give me your opinion, I'd love that. (I'll probably start it after TGK ends, maybe earlier if you want. :D)

Abecedarian
a⋅be⋅ce⋅dar⋅i⋅an [ey-bee-see-dair-ee-uhn]
adjective; "of or pertaining to the alphabet"

“Rodney, what are you thinking?” I stared at my Trainer in an unpleasant mix of suspicion and concern.

“Nothing big, Leon. I’m just going down to the lake. You coming with?” Rodney smiled down at me. “Yeah, I’m coming down with you!” I scrambled to my feet. “Good little Grumpig.” He joked. I know, Grumpigs aren’t supposed to talk. But in case you hadn’t noticed, Grumpigs are of the Psychic type. That means they can open up mental connections with humans they’re fond of; like what you call chat rooms, but with voices.

“Yeah. Whatever. Let’s just go to the lake already.” I pointed to the door. Rodney nodded, and opened it. The blast of autumn Sinnoh air slammed into his tanned face, causing him to squint and eventually close his dark brown eyes. “Aw, come on!” I taunted. “Are you really going to be stopped by a little puff of air?” “I never said that.” Rodney pointed out. He motioned to me to follow him.

I leaped out of the house and fell into step beside him. His hair was dirty blonde and pulled back into a ponytail – it looks stupid on most humans, but somehow Rodney pulls it off. He was wearing a simple black shirt, with the white Pokéball logo of the National Trainers’ Association printed on the corner. There are also a few Unown swirling around in various places, front and back. His pants were less interesting; only tattered blue jeans with some rips he got from when he had to save me from a flock of Spearow when I was a Spoink.

“What do you plan to accomplish at the lake?” I asked, bit I already knew the answer. Rodney was a Trainer, but he also had an addiction to Shiny Pokémon hunting. He caught a Shiny Starly, once, and has trained it to be a powerful competitor in battles. The Starly, now a Staraptor named Cocoa Wing, or just Cocoa. Cocoa has an addiction for chocolate, so she doesn’t mind.

“Hunt for Shinies, duh. Maybe I’ll even find a Psyduck or Golduck this time!” He beamed at the thought of finding such a rare Pokémon – at least, rare near Sandgem Town.

A B C D E F G

When we got to the lake, we found a kid sitting at the water’s edge, admiring the lake. He was muttering something incomprehensible, but it sounded like he said “dot dot dot” more than once – huh? Rodney walked up to him, and sat down beside. “Over here, Leon!” He called. I nodded, and ran over to sit down next to him.

“It’s really pretty this time of year, huh?” Rodney asked, in an attempt to strike up conversation with the kid, who seemed to have jet black hair with a white ring up near the top. He was wearing a black bandanna – over his eyes. How he saw out of it, I don’t think anyone but he knows. As the boy turned to Rodney and I, I saw there were two white X patterns where his eyes were. “Yes. It is.” He nodded to us, and gave a faint smile.

Suddenly, he noticed Rodney’s shirt. “Tell me, where did you get that shirt? It is very… interesting.” “What… this?” Rodney asked, pointing to his shirt. “I don’t know. My mom said it came from my dad. She got this zoned-out look in her eyes when she said it, though…” The boy smiled at me. “Interesting. I am X.” He put out a hand, which was covered by a plain, long-sleeved white shirt.

“My name’s Rodney. But is X really your name? Not to be rude or anything, but there are lots of people these days who call themselves X to sound cool.” X blinked in surprise. “Really.” He said. “I was not aware that… the letter had so much influence. But yes. My name really is X. I was given it at birth, and have not changed it.”

“But, Rodney. I have something to ask you…” I walked over to the shallows of the water and got in to listen. “Do you have any interest in Psychic or rare Pokémon, or perhaps Fabled Ones? Or, I apologize. Legendaries.”

“Psychic Pokémon? Well, Leon here is my best pal, so I guess I do have an interest in Psychic-types. As for rare Pokémon, do Shinies count? I like finding Shinies. Legends? They’re okay. Any of them in particular?” X was fascinated, and mouthed the word ‘Leon’. “Such as, perhaps… the Unown?” He looked up at Rodney. “Yeah, Unown. They’re really cool. Hey, do you know which came first? The Unown or the alphabet?” X laughed and stood up. “The Unown are the alphabet. And we – us two – are the Unown.” I stared at him in confusion. “Pig?”

All of a sudden, the sound of large trees bending echoed through the forest. A girl and a Tyranitar appeared through the (wrecked) forest. “X, you idiot!” She shouted in a Western accent, and pointed a finger at X. “R, you and your Grumpig buddy are coming with me.” She grabbed Rodney and I to our feet. “R? Who’s-“ Rodney had no time to finish his sentence before we were dragged off into the trees…

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 10-28-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Seeda the Bulbasaur Offline
Amateur Trainer

Thumbs up Re: ABECEDARIAN: Yay or Nay? (Pokémon fanfic idea)

I think this is GREAT. Continue on the story!