Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig
Default Are you Homeschooled?

The title basically explains it. Are you homeschooled? If so, how are you taught?
Me, all of my schooling is on the computer, which is why I'm so active on PE2K. ^_^
I do school through a site called k12. All of my schooling is online. I log in under my username, and click my daily lessons. Each lesson takes anywhere from a half an hour to and hour or so. In art, I do drawings, projects, and in science I do small experiments and Labs. In math, I just read through one of the student guides, and do around 20 problems. I do around 7 or 8 lessons a day.
The greatest thing about homeschool is, I can sleep in every day of the week. I can start school at 11:00 if I want to! I just end around 4:00 then. And, once I am done for the day, I am DONE. No extra work, like homework would be in a regular school. I still get out every day or so, and I play sports about 8 or 9 months of the year, and when I don't, I tinker around with my R/C cars, and play pokemon and stuff. I still have plenty of friends from my old school that I see every week or so, so I'm not like, socially incopacitated.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 11-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Default Re: Are you Homeschooled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Turtwig View Post
The title basically explains it. Are you homeschooled? If so, how are you taught?
Me, all of my schooling is on the computer, which is why I'm so active on PE2K. ^_^
I do school through a site called k12. All of my schooling is online. I log in under my username, and click my daily lessons. Each lesson takes anywhere from a half an hour to and hour or so. In art, I do drawings, projects, and in science I do small experiments and Labs. In math, I just read through one of the student guides, and do around 20 problems. I do around 7 or 8 lessons a day.
The greatest thing about homeschool is, I can sleep in every day of the week. I can start school at 11:00 if I want to! I just end around 4:00 then. And, once I am done for the day, I am DONE. No extra work, like homework would be in a regular school. I still get out every day or so, and I play sports about 8 or 9 months of the year, and when I don't, I tinker around with my R/C cars, and play pokemon and stuff. I still have plenty of friends from my old school that I see every week or so, so I'm not like, socially incopacitated.
No, but it seems so cool to be homeschooled.
I mean, I could play pokemon while doing my schoolwork if I wanted.

Now something that I didn't understand, In math, you do 20 problems a lesson, so you you do 8 or 7 math lessons?
Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Black Hawk Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

The way you put it makes it sound so cool.

But alas, I believe good ol' high school is a great way to go. Best time of my life so far. (except for the math homework)

PiEaNdChIpS678 (10:48:49 PM): I found one
Mikey94028 (10:49:14 PM): is that
Mikey94028 (10:49:17 PM): who I think it is
husnainisme (10:49:25 PM): wailord
Mikey94028 (10:49:29 PM): o
Mikey94028 (10:49:34 PM): I thought it was dead
Old 11-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bagon View Post
No, but it seems so cool to be homeschooled.
I mean, I could play pokemon while doing my schoolwork if I wanted.

Now something that I didn't understand, In math, you do 20 problems a lesson, so you you do 8 or 7 math lessons?
No, I do around 4 subjects a day, and one or two lessons of each.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
The way you put it makes it sound so cool.

But alas, I believe good ol' high school is a great way to go. Best time of my life so far. (except for the math homework)
I'm gonna go to regular high school next year, I'm just doing homeschool for the 7th and 8th grade because I could'nt quite cut it in 7th grade at the private school I was going to. My parents would never deprive me of the experiences of High School. I'm thankful they spared me all the crap in Middle School. From what my friends are telling me, it sounds like hell.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 11-05-2008, 10:56 PM
superdude44 Offline

Im homeschooled through seton. it is fun.