Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:27 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default Starlight

I plan to keep this alive, unlike Pokemon Is My Life (it WILL be back, mind you!), but I think this idea is more original.

Introduction
"You know there's rumors goin' around about a Ponyta near Saffron City, right?" a feminine voice spoke. The voice was soothing, calm, almost melodic.

"No, I haven't heard any rumors," a male voice said, "Plus, Ponyta are common over there."

"I never finished. The Ponyta was just now born."

"Ok, so what is it about that certain Ponyta when a herd of at least 150 live there, Saphira?"

"Aah, now that's a wise question, Cody," Saphira said, putting her finger to her temple. Her voice dropped to a whisper. "This Ponyta has a little white star on her forehead."
Starlight (Chapter 1)
The clearing was doused with fiery manes and tails of two species of Pokemon as they grazed. One was Ponyta, the horse Pokemon, who had manes and tails made of a brilliant fire. The second was Ponyta's evolution, Rapidash, but it was larger, much more powerful, it's mane and tail burned as fiercely as the sun glowing above them, and has a pointed horn protruding from a spot just above their foreheads.

The morning air was cool and fresh, and a refreshing spring breeze carried the fragrance of the sweet, dew matted grass that sparkled in the sunlight like a billion gems. It was a perfectly nice and perfect morning, with the newborns frolicking in the tall grass and the elders and protectors standing guard on the outskirts of the herd. A few whinnies and nickers here and there, but the scene was still peaceful and soothing.

All of the younger Ponyta were enjoying themselves, rough-housing, headbutting, and playing games like tag, kick the pine cone, and hide and go seek, except for one.

This meek little creature hid behind her mother's legs, nestled down in the grass. The Ponyta kept her head low, and her mother-a highly respected Rapidash in the herd- raised her nose to sample the air. The faint smell of humans filled her nostrils, but she only flared up a little, and stood more protectively over the little filly. A part in the fire and horses formed as one of the elders approached the mare, who inclined her head in a sign of great respect.

"Spirit," he said, "I see that you have birthed a beautiful baby." he nuzzled the Ponyta, who raised her head. Spirit nodded. Most of the herd had turned their heads to watch and listen.

"Yes, she is beautiful, Elder Flame." Spirit responded.

"I believe that some of the two legs have seen Starlight's... mark." he said. The little fire horse's ears perked up at the mention of her name. Spirit looked at the Rapidash, obviously worried. Flame turned his head towards the treeline that surrounded the grassy clearing.

"I don't know what might happen next, but something will happen, and more than likely, it won't be pleasant." with that, the elder trotted to the outskirts of the herd, his tail billowing behind him. Spirit lied down beside Starlight.

"Momma?" Starlight asked, "What is wrong? Will everything be okay?"

"Nothing, baby, everything will be fine."

But even Spirit herself wasn't sure of that.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 10-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Alana Marie Offline

Default Re: Starlight

*Glomps onto story* O: I LUB this.
It is very well written ^.^ and I like the idea alotz.

*Dangs hand against a desk and demands second chapter*
...*shot* Okay i will wait Impatiently
:) I weally like it!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

*head spin* You used my name.... But my personality is copywrited. *shows copyright tag beneath arm* it itches....

Venom: What's so important about a horse?

Peter: It's too complicated for you to understand

Venom: =-=
Old 10-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

I see yousa found a new obsession for yourself, Vanessa. Mmm, I'm guessing it's not just a birthmark.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 10-14-2008, 11:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

An obsession? What obsession? No, really. -_- Oh, wait! Now I get it. PC can tell ya a lot, hmm?

You never know.

I used your name, Cody, because you're just that pwnsome. ^-^ New chappie in few minutes!
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 10-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

That reminds me... I should really work on my own... which you STILL haven't read.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Old 10-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Alana Marie Offline

Vanessa i swear to god if you keep me waiting any longer you wont have a face because i will have digested it after EATING YOORH FAHCE! For not posting and making me wait.
*post*
*post*
*post*

...Take your time *forced smile*
Old 10-14-2008, 11:27 PM

New chappie starts... NOW!!

Starlight (Chapter Two)
"A star?" Cody asked. Saphira nodded.

"A star." she echoed.

"How will we catch it?"

"Ropes. Catch the filly by surprise. Corral them to the edge of the herd."

"Right. When do we leave?"

"In three days," Saphira said, holding up three fingers. "That's also how long it'll take for the journey from Pallet Town to Saffron."

"Can't we use-" Cody began, but was cut off when Saphira waved her hand.

"No, we cannot and will not use Skywind. Let him rest. We already wore him out from the journey from Cinnabar. You'll have to go on foot with Wind Song and I." Saphira said.

At the mention of her name, a Charmander emerged from another room, glanced around, then left after letting out a stumped 'Char?'.

"I think I'll take Leaf Blade." Cody said.

"That ole' Sceptile? Why don't you take Twinleaf?"

"Better a Sceptile than a Turtwig." Cody said, but only to receive a reproachful glare.

"I'm taking a basic Pokemon, and so are you." Saphira declared. No one wanted to ever get on her bad side.

"Fine! Ok! Gosh..." the boy exclaimed, mumbling something under his breath.

"What did you say?" Saphira demanded.

"Thank you..." Cody lied. Saphira stormed out of the room, and Cody smirked as she left.

"You hiding in the shadows somewhere, Twinleaf?" Cody asked, staring into the shadowy corners. Something stirred.

"Twig!" Twinleaf rose and charged towards Cody, and nuzzled his leg affectionately.

"Come on," he said, motioning with his hand to tell Twinleaf to come. "Let's go get some breakfast."
The sun slowly progressed over the sky as time droned on. Soon, it began to get particularly warm, and lured Starlight out from her hiding spot. She stood straight and tall, glancing around, taking in the sights.

"Wow!" she exclaimed, a smile on her face. Another Ponyta began to gallop up to her. Starlight shied, quickly backing up to Spirit's flank. She wanted Spirit's reassurance, but the filly's mother only nosed her towards the other Ponyta.

"Go on, Starlight. You need some friends." she said. Starlight glanced at her, then at the newcomer.

"H-h-hi." she stuttered nervously.

"Hello!" the Ponyta greeted. It was obviously male.

"So... w-wh-what's your name?" she asked.

"My name is Marcus, what's your name?" Marcus asked.

"I'm Starlight." she replied, feeling a lot braver. Then Marcus squinted, looking at her forehead.

"You're different from everyone else, aren't you? You have that star every one's talking about!" he said. Starlight nodded, not knowing what to say.

"You wanna play?" Marcus questioned, rearing up slightly.

"P-play?"

"Yep! Play!"

"Play what?" Starlight asked, curious. Then Marcus got closer, and pawed at her hoof for a second.

"Tag! You're it!" he cried, and began to gallop off.

Starlight remembered watching the others play this 'tag'. They would touch each other, and one was 'it' and had to touch the other. She began to pursue Marcus. She stumbled at first, but then began to gain speed until she was right behind him. She playfully nipped at his hide.

"Tag! Now you're it!" she laughed, then turned and ran the other way. They continued this game for a while until both plopped down into the grass, huffing and puffing. The green grass swayed gently, like a rolling sea. Soon the two fell into a shallow slumber.

When the two awoke, the moon above them cast a silver light upon them, and the stars twinkled enthusiastically around the glowing, white orb. Starlight stared up at the round moon, admiring it. Marcus nickered quietly at her, trying to catch her attention.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" he asked in a barely audible whisper.

"Yes." Starlight said, glancing around. Almost all of the herd had their knees locked into place and their heads hung, sleeping. The only ones awake were the younger stallions, who were standing guard one the outskirts of the quiet herd. They stood defiantly, challenging whoever dared oppose them and threaten the herd. Spirit was nowhere to be seen. As quiet as a mouse, Starlight rose to get a better view. She could smell her mother, but not see her.

"What's wrong, Starlight?" Marcus inquired, scanning the herd himself.

"Come on! Let's find Spirit!" she whispered back urgently, and began to silently move through the grass. They looked everywhere in the meadow-in the flower patch, the large area where the grass rose over the two Ponyta's heads, everywhere! But they couldn't find the mare.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Lol, I think you're trying to go for my bit of joking personality. Just please dont make 'im as crazy as I am...If thats even possible
Old 10-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

*insert ominous music here*

Art Gallery
Old 10-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Alana Marie Offline

I WANT TO BE STARLIGHT!!
D: i wanna be a uber cool Ponyta with a star on it's forehead!!
*appluads wonderful 2nd chapter*
...EBIL MUSIC
*tackles the source*
Old 11-02-2008, 02:27 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Pwetty ponyta...*Pets*

A star, you say? I think I shall get along with Starlight just fine...