Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Wandering Mew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Why don't people like homosexuals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
Obviously the parents are going to raise their child the way they think is right. Therefore, the religious parents are going to raise their children to be religious, and the atheists are going to do the same.

You'd get picked on SO much if you had gay parents though. People would make your life a living hell.
I just wanted to pick this one argument apart before I go back to lurking.

ALL kids will get picked on, gay parents or not.
Kids with red hair will get teased.
Kids with braces with teased.
Heck, a kid with black skin could even be teased, if they're in the wrong area.
Kids'll be teased if their parents are "dorky".
And yes, kids'll get teased if their parents are gay.

But y'know what? What if those kids went to a family with dorky parents? THEY'D STILL BE TEASED. You can't stop kids from being teased by other kids. Just because they'd be in a gay family, doesn't mean they'd be teased more than if they had red hair, if they had braces, or if they were a minority. So don't act like it would.

Okay, I'm done. -_-
*re-lurks*

~Paired with the ever awesome Blaziken Knight!~
Old 06-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Quote:
Lol, I'm just lazy. It's funny how you guys have to reassure yourself that you've won 9001 times.

Which version of the Bible do you have anyway? Regardless, Matthew still shoots down gay marriage.

“There is no research supporting a genetic basis of homosexuality. [It] has been discredited by Scientific America… They’re desperate to find the biological causes. There are none.” – Dr. Richard Fitzgibbons, Philidelphia

“The high rates of HIV infection among homosexual men are largely due to… behavioral factors – the practice of anal intercourse, which facilitates the transfer of the virus far more easily than vaginal intercourse…” – Center for Disease Control, 2004.

http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/co...full/30/6/1499

Also, all children need a mother and a father. "but they liek luv eahc oterhn an shuld be abel 2 haev kidz!1!" No. Then, any random gay couple could adopt a child, and the child's got no control over it. That kids gonna have the s*** harassed outta him/her! They're gonna have one crappy life. Lol, I don't understand liberals. They think that abortion is OK because they claim it would be better if the child were aborted rather than having to live in a broken home, yet they think it's OK when a gay couple adopts children.

Lol @ the frequent uses of the words "you" and "your" btw. I don't get why you guys have to try and make everything personal.
We have won simply because you are not refuting our strongest arguments. :/ It's like winning by default.

And I have the New King James version of the Bible, so go away. I don't care what the entire book is about when you used the verse out of context, and that is the one thing I hate the most. Don't abuse the holy book. kthxbai.

We use you because you are the only person arguing against our stand at this point. :/ So what do you want us to use to refer to you?

Are you trying to tell me that males cannot be mothers and females cannot be fathers? I won't go too deep into this, but I shall say that you are wrong if you think so. (Pondering the intricacies of this makes my head spin. @_@)

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 06-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Quote:
Did I say it was? No. Stop assuming everyone who is against gay marriage hates gays.

Well... If they're against the marriage of homosexuals, it kinda fits that they don't particularly like homosexuals. I didn't say you said it anyway, don't get your back up so easily. (Pfft, says me.)

The Brood is growing!
Old 06-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
People don't like homosexuals because they're gay.
/thread

Srysly though, it's gross.
Uhm, this is the Other: Discussion board, not the Other: Chat. Most responses here are supposed to have some thought put into them. :/

Pooping is gross, so nobody really talks about it. Everybody poops, though. The point is, a lot of things people do are "gross". Nobody's forcing you to think about it.

If somebody is gay, it's really none of your business anyway, and you don't have to think about it or be gay yourself.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:08 AM
c-wooper Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to c-wooper

well usually strait girls dont like lesbians but like gays, and strait guys dont like gays but like lesbos.
most of the time for strait ppl to see or think about 2 people of there same gender together....they think its nasty.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:34 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-wooper View Post
well usually strait girls dont like lesbians but like gays, and strait guys dont like gays but like lesbos.
most of the time for strait ppl to see or think about 2 people of there same gender together....they think its nasty.

That's a weirdly written, but good point. Men do like Lesbians, because, they both like women. Women tend to like gay men, because they like men, but also, because they're very nice people in general, they're more... Well, feminine most of the time, it's a bit of a generalisation, but yeah.

But, on reply to GLaDOS, why is it 'gross' what's so 'gross' about it? Fecal matter is fecal matter, this person prefers men, this person doesn't. It's a fact of life, people need to accept it. You're not born homosexual, it's your choice all along.

The Brood is growing!
Old 06-16-2008, 05:11 PM
suzyK Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Because they can't comprehend with the fact that yes, a man and a man can date and get married. I don't know or care what the Bible says, this Earth has a lot of unnatural things in it.

Like the above poster says, it's a fact of life. You may not accept it, but you still have to live with it. Like gay marriage. No one's inviting you to the wedding, it's none of your business, just live your own damn life.

No offense
Old 06-17-2008, 06:29 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Hm... Here's something to think about...

http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7456588.stm

Do you think this honestly provides evidence that homosexuality starts in the womb? I still think not, we all have a choice in life, sure, we're born Caucasian or Asian, but still, that's not a defined choice, whether we like males or females, now, that is our choice entirely.

The Brood is growing!
Old 11-01-2008, 10:24 PM
LilRed Offline
New Trainer

oh this question has a simple answer...
well actually 10

1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning. Also apparently those homosexual animals have picked up some unnatural behavior.

2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were
allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

FAIL.

Someone already posted the EXACT same argument, plus you revived a dead thread.