Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Nevermore Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Your Characters' inspiration

SQUEE! A thread where I get to say stuff about my characters is an awesome thread. But since my characters were inspired differently from yours, I shall tell why >=D

Temari & Kazzy
Well, they were the first Human-Daemon pair that ever came into my head. I was in the middle of the Amber Spyglass and this freaky idea popped into my head. Naruto characters with Daemons? And the first thing I pictured was Temari and a Leopard...so there you have it. I don't really get it as much as I should...Leopards tend to represent people who are aggressive, yet caring in their own way. I guess that's how I saw Temari. The Leopard(4) represents the Wind in the Draconian Wheel of spiritual beings.

Sasuke and Annie
Sasuke and Arnesia were my second team, at the time I pictured Sasuke with a cool attitude, graceful even. The swan was what came to mind. That's kinda where they came from. In the Draconian wheel of spiritual beings, the Swan(8) represents hidden feelings of hatred and vengance.

Neji and Nirra
Yes, as you might have guessed, the third team was Neji and his daemon, Nirra. (Nirra's name hasn't been said in the story yet, but we've seen her.) Well, the first thing came from Draconian Legend, in the wheel of spiritual beings the Golden Eagle(2) represented Fate. I guess that's a start. Part two was Neji calling himself a caged bird. Third part was the animal's sharp eyesight and downright power. Fit well, correct?

Naruto and Kaedra
I saw Naruto as a rather childish person, so I left Kaedra unsettled.

Gaara and Tara(Or Taara)
Um...she's a raccoon dog, not actually a raccoon, but everyone sees her as a raccoon. I figured since the sukaku was a raccoon dog, so was Gaara's daemon. It doesn't fit with the Draconian Wheel of Spiritual beings that well...the Raccoon dog(12) is the symbol of caring, love, and playfulness.

And that's all I'm gonna explain right now. Since I've mentioned the Draconian wheel of spiritual being a bunch, I might as well explain it.

Me and my friend Dragon of the Nile write an OF called Dragon's Wings; Flight in Fire, and it's about a society called Draconia. Well, we wrote their laws, language, form of government, the whole deal. That includes their religion. Well, their religion is based around a wheel of gods, or spiritual beings. Which is here;

Draconian Wheel of Spiritual Beings

1: The Dog or Fox; stands for loyalty and courage. Apparently the dog saved the world when it was being attacked and taken over by "The Darkness." It stood up and sacrificed itself to save everything.
2: The Golden Eagle; represents Fate, it was said that if one of these flew near you it would set your fate in stone writing, never to be changed, and it would riddle it with darkness. These animals were always caught and kept in cages in a place called Otu Wa Ronizha, which meant "The Seventeen Gates of Hell" in Draconian.(Yes, we did invent the WHOLE language...) The birds usually starved to death. In the legend, the Golden Eagle could see into your mind and tormented you with certain emotions. It had stolen it's power from the dog and become wicked.
3: The Wolf; represents cowardice. The wolf could have helped the dog save the world, but instead left the dog to face the darkness on it's own.
4: The Leopard; Represents the Wind and changes in the land. It represents change of any kind. It was apparently the leopard who flattened the high cliffs so Dragons could live in the area.
5: The Doe; represents the Female. Everyone is supposed to have a little bit of doe in them
6: The Buck; Represents the male. Everyone is supposed to have a little bit of buck in them.
7: The Bald Eagle; shown as a sign of hope, the unsetting of fate. In the legend, when the Golden Eagle turned over it's power over fate to the Dog, it gained a white head and became a pure being.
8: The Swan; represents hidden feelings of hatred and vengance. in the legend, the Swan was originally a vulture that served under the eagle. It gave up it's legendary powers to the eagle for beauty and then found it had been tricked, for the eagle indeed made it beautiful, but also took away all it's strength and became the weakest of the spirits. It then sought vengance for a thousand years until it was caught and killed by the Dog or the Fox.
9: The Lion; a symbol of the Sun. It was said the Lion watched over the dragons in the daytime.
10: The Owl; a symbol of the moon. It was said it watches over the dragons in the nighttime.
11: The Goose; a symbol of freedom. It was said the goose had freed the Dog from the clutches of the darkness and saved it's life.
12: The Raccoon dog; a symbol of playfulness and love. In the legend, the raccoon dog would tempt weary travelers with it's music until it brought them to it's den, then it would eat them.

I will often be using this wheel in some fanfiction of mine, be aware of it. I know it was rather unneeded, but it helped clear up some of my inspiration.

...Of the Funk!
Where Two Wrongs Do Not Make A Right

Old 07-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Chillaxed09 Offline
Experienced Trainer

I know I already posted, but I just had to say that I LOVE the His Dark Materials series. Phillip Pullman is one of my favorite authors. <3 Good luck with your story.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:22 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

Kylef's inspiration almost certainly came from Ike, a character in the game Fire Emblem. He shares many personality traits with him, including blunt speaking, occasional recklessness, and a drive to do what's right.

Gardevoir's and Palefur's inspirations came from Bluestar and Tigerstar from the Warriors series. The personality similarities are extremely apparent to anyone who's read the series, though I made Palefur even more sharp-tongued than Tigerstar.

Slith's main inspiration came from Marco, of the Animorphs books. He shares Marco's joking manner (though he jokes a bit less) and biting sarcasm, and also his extremely fine-tuned logic that sometimes makes him come off as uncaring.

The rest of the characters in Viridian Paradise don't have any particular inspiration.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:42 AM
Rage12 Offline
Elite Trainer

Ivry(Gate Keeper)- I based her off one of my sisters, sort of.

Red(Scyther)- Based off my other sister. She for some reason cares for Ivry, though she barely even knows her. I sort of took that from my sister because she feels bad for people she doesn't even know.

Click it if you want to read
Old 07-06-2008, 05:58 PM
scalec Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
Kylef's inspiration almost certainly came from Ike, a character in the game Fire Emblem. He shares many personality traits with him, including blunt speaking, occasional recklessness, and a drive to do what's right.

Gardevoir's and Palefur's inspirations came from Bluestar and Tigerstar from the Warriors series. The personality similarities are extremely apparent to anyone who's read the series, though I made Palefur even more sharp-tongued than Tigerstar.

Slith's main inspiration came from Marco, of the Animorphs books. He shares Marco's joking manner (though he jokes a bit less) and biting sarcasm, and also his extremely fine-tuned logic that sometimes makes him come off as uncaring.

The rest of the characters in Viridian Paradise don't have any particular inspiration.
I have to say, I'm a complete fan of the Animorphs. I wish they were still on TV.
And Winged Charmander, that's amazing how much work you and your friend put into that. Its amazing!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Nevermore Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalec View Post
I have to say, I'm a complete fan of the Animorphs. I wish they were still on TV.
And Winged Charmander, that's amazing how much work you and your friend put into that. Its amazing!
Thanks^^

We designed five maps, two political, two the other thing...and one showing the whole map of the dragon's worl.

We invented the written language, which is similar to the japanese system. Dragon can speak & write japanese, so I left most of that to her.

We invented the spoken Language. Kirvar fortez hjar gornerstrendar ligre?

We invented their religeon. That wheel also has months to it. 1 is december, twelve is january. Find yours. They have qualities and traits and stuff too...

We invented their laws and heiarchy, and lots of other stuff to...

It took a while ^^;

~ShikaTemaForever~

Old 07-06-2008, 06:57 PM
scalec Offline

Interesting...I'm a raccon dog.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Nevermore Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I'm a leopard, like Temari, and Dragon, co-creator of that, is a Dog.

~ShikaTemaForever~

Old 08-04-2008, 05:51 PM
The PokeSHOP Offline

Here's what inspired these, although I know none of you really care.

Fumono- He was originally going to be a nice fun-loving high-school student that was inspired the main character of the main series (which I haven't revealed yet). Things took a twist as he was inspired by Sasuke Uchiha and Shadow the Hedgehog.

Dr. Grant Rammond- He was inspired by Dr. Grant and Dr. Hammond from Jurrassic Park (one of my favorite movies ).

Lord Alfred Wimbly- Inspired by Alfred from Batman and Mr. Knightley from Emma (I had to read it for school).

Janet Wright- She is inspired by my English Teacher because shye IS my English Teacher!

Lydia, Alex, and Nat- Were thought of by friends.

Lord Ronald Erdizane- Inspired by a frend of mine I like to call "Ron".

Everyone else just came from my noggin.
If you are a member of the Democratic Party (or simply a supporter), please join The Democratic Party
Old 09-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Giratina Offline

These are the already introduced characters in a fanfiction I am shaping up...there will be more. Many, many more.

Helio (Magneton): I based him off a Neopets roleplay character of mine. Right now all he shares is the Pokemon species and personality, but he'll be a lot more like him later on.

Caro (Raichu): I am basing this little Raichu off of my younger brother. Easily annoyed, short-tempered, obnoxious, and insanely cute sometimes.

Kris (Persian): I just made up that name because it sounded cool. O 3O I honestly didn't base her off of anybody, because nobody I know could be as headstrong and brave and proud as she is.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 09-06-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007
Talking Re: Your Characters' inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged Charmander View Post
Thanks^^

We designed five maps, two political, two the other thing...and one showing the whole map of the dragon's worl.

We invented the written language, which is similar to the japanese system. Dragon can speak & write japanese, so I left most of that to her.

We invented the spoken Language. Kirvar fortez hjar gornerstrendar ligre?

We invented their religeon. That wheel also has months to it. 1 is december, twelve is january. Find yours. They have qualities and traits and stuff too...

We invented their laws and heiarchy, and lots of other stuff to...

It took a while ^^;

~ShikaTemaForever~
I'm sorry that I'm not posting my character's inspiration right now but I will later on. I just have to see these maps and launguage and stuff, it seems really interesting. ^^

And I'm a Swan, and it's funny because I really do have secret feelings of hatred and vengance. LOL...
Old 10-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Arkis Offline
Amateur Trainer

I can't remember where I got Red and Blue's characters from but I remember that Nikolai inspired me to write his character Green on The Eternal.

Green: He originally came from my friend, Nikolai, who is an absolute idiotic git at sometimes, (one of his favourite random actions of the day is to wear a banana skin on his head and run around going "Neenawneenawneenaw! Banana phone!" at high speed) but at others he suddenly transforms into one of the most intelligent people I've known. He is obsessed with science, and I learn more from a quick ramble from him than I do from thirty Science lessons at school. (it's so annoying, the way my science teacher expects our intelligence to be at the same level as a dead rabbit. I mean honestly, explaining what water is for, say, twenty minutes, and then telling us to do, like, a three word essay on how fire hurts when you touch it is just insanely annoying!)

Shifty, the level 20 smiley!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Well, if I ever plan to make a side-story fanfiction from the book I am currently writing, here's some characters.

Verity: Verity is inspired by Hakken, a member here at PE2K. Well, we were a pair once, and we broke up (twice), and I decided to get away from PE2K to write a book, so... Verity is your average 12-year-old girl, right? Wrong. When suddenly forced to come to this certain mountain where within, an ancient civilization survives, and teaches aura, a sort of magic, to its inhabitants. Verity, since everything is moving too fast, cannot react to anything emotionally in order to survive.

Lurava: The devil's son; half demon, half human. Lurava pretty much has my personality; stubborn, neutral, passive, semi-arrogant, and defensive. Misunderstood, he doesn't really know his place in the world after almost a couple thousand years of living. Is he a soldier of God? Or second fiddle to his father? He starts off in the book as Verity's teacher until revealed to be the devil's son.

Lucifer: When knowing a person cannot understand the devil, and you are trying to write him as an active character in the story, what do you do? You look for the evilest villain characterized in modern times. Lucifer is inspired by Heath Ledger as the Joker.

Haley Jr.: Verity's mother. She is inspired by my own mother, and my maternal grandmother.

Shi: A dragon in the story. He is inspired by my father.

Chi: Inspired by my friend, Derek, as I last saw him; young and gifted.

George: Inspired by my mom's stepfather, and my friend George. He is Verity's grandfather.

Haley Sr.: Verity's grandmother, and subfounder of Hal-Gong.

Guang: Inspired by my maternal grandfather, he is Verity's teacher after Lurava is blackmailed. Even though he did reveal Lurava's secret, Lurava is still good friends with him, and he talks to Lurava when Lucifer is focusing heavily on killing Verity, or researching to kill Verity.

[SORROW | REQUIEM | VERITY | ACUITY | VALOR]

Old 10-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Frozen Torchic Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

BlackRose: She came from my love of Pokemon XD and Pokemon Colosseum. The Reverse Modes and 'shades', however, came from my own mind.

Chaos: Chaos is my friends creation. I imagine she based him off the fact that he can fight, and it's really chaotic when he does.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

Eric Damon: A badass version of myself, out for revenge
Peggy Own: An even sexier version of my would-be girlfriend, out to save the world

Last edited by Megiddo Flame; 09-08-2009 at 10:39 PM.