Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Poring Offline

Send a message via AIM to Poring
Default Re: Door A or Door B

Quote:
How tall is this room? May I ask for a bigger room at all? Upon the idea of a hemispherical room, can I ask for a fuller space for me and my stuff and the clone? If I would have to live in one room the rest of 20 years, I would want this room to at least be large enough and functional enough to waste 20 years in. I can spend a hecka lot of time in my own room at home, but....twenty years. I would expect Heaven to be locked inside that room.
The radius is twice your height, so that's the highest point in the room. I think you can use the original room (with the two doors in it) but I'm not sure.

Quote:
That's pretty clever. Question though: say you request a clone of someone you knew years before you got put into the experiment. Would that person be the same person you knew, or would they be grown up since you last saw them because technically time is still moving in this experiment? Does this clone have any emotions and or feeling or thoughts? Finally, would the clone age as well?

I have some more questions regarding what you can request. ^^;
You can request someone at whatever age you want. You can request someone that you knew at an even younger age than you last saw him/her, if you wanted. No emotions. It can't speak and only follows commands. I don't think it would age.

Quote:
Does this mean you can ask for anything, such as paint on the walls or a mirror or gold plated furniture? Oh, and would you be allowed to keep the stuff you asked for at the end of this all?

You said that the item you asked for will be brought to you as long as you can't kill yourself with it. What if you had an item and you accidently injured yourself with it? Like, if you had a heavy book you were reading and dropped it on your foot by pure mistake. Would someone come into your room and assist you or would you have to help yourself? If that were to happen you could at least get a change to possibly see a real human or be around a group of real people.
Yes, you can request anything. Let's say you can keep whatever you request at the end.

If you accidentally injured yourself, I assume that the scientists would knock you out and treat you while you were unconscious.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:23 PM
JentleViolence Offline

Send a message via AIM to JentleViolence

Ooooh. That shakes up my opinion a bit. ^~^ But I know both doors are suicide. Door B would really suck because I know I don't have the mentality to kill myself, and because the other door would be locked I would starve to death in room B. I'm a person who's not happy unless I have other people with me (ironic that I like being alone) so I think I would end up going crazy in Door A.

Crazy isn't necessarily bad though. In room A I could get whatever I wanted and be able to keep it too, so that's a plus. I would have a tricked out room and one of those memory plush beds so nice I would be able to sleep and lucid dream (dream whatever you wanted to because you make your dream) for half of the day. The other half I would spend doing whatever... I could spend the entire time learning, enriching myself through textbooks and literature. I'm also a creative type of person, so I could spend time writing books or making paint masterpieces. I could grafitti my own walls (clearing it up and starting all over with it every few days or weeks) and fill the silence with instrumental music through an instrument I could request and play! Hahah, this is getting fun! I could get the scientists to put a pool or a miniature skating rink or even protective padding for gymnastics in the original room, assuming I get to have that too. Eventually I would have goals in my room, and from there on out I could have an accurate perception of time and have a feeling of purpose and success! Life gives you lemons, so you make lemonade, right? ^.^

The clone would be interesting for me to have too. I don't think I would ever be able to have a clone of one of my family members or close friends, because that would deprive me even more from the truth. Instead I would do clones of people from books, like Tom Sawyer or Paris from "Inside the Walls of Troy". Really the only thing that changes about the clone is appearance, so I would get people whose appearance matters. Like Jasper Hale the vampire! I could mimic his skin and sing vampire tunes all day! How fun would it be to be reading a book and have the main character sitting next to you? Like a coin operated boy or something! :] And eventually I could be so people starved I could talk to the clone and pretend that it's talking back to me, like Brain in "Brain's Winter" when he got stuck on that island.

Door A isn't so bad if you think about it in a positive manner. ^.^ Once twenty years is over, the isolation would be over and I would have everything from the room plus whatever I created in the room, so I would be rich. I could get extreme therapy to deal with not having spoken with a real person in years, so that's not as bad as death. Door A is fun!

Yay! I get to sleep tonight knowing that I might be crazy but also knowing that I could look at any ugly situation given to me and make it pretty. I guess that would be the whole purpose of the experiment.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Synyster Gates Offline
Amateur Trainer

What person are u more like??

Person A
Rich [not the money one]
Patient
Hard Worker
Have Friends have something to live for

or Person B
Emo
No Life
Dont give a care
Nothing to live for
Loaner

Changing

Person A ------ Door A
Person B ------ Door B

U chose...
Old 10-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

I don't have the guts to pull the trigger, so I'd have to go with Door A.

And I won't act like 75% of the noobs here who missed the point by trying to find loopholes to escape.

Door A. I could spend all the time reading, learning new languages, improving various skills. And also things I can't really say on this forum. Also, assuming I could keep anything I asked for once I left, I could just ask for lots of precious, cool stuff, and money and things on the 19th year.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
I don't have the guts to pull the trigger, so I'd have to go with Door A.

And I won't act like 75% of the noobs here who missed the point by trying to find loopholes to escape.

Door A. I could spend all the time reading, learning new languages, improving various skills. And also things I can't really say on this forum. Also, assuming I could keep anything I asked for once I left, I could just ask for lots of precious, cool stuff, and money and things on the 19th year.
I'd probably try to do most the same things.

I think I'd try to learn Latin. I'd have plenty of time...

Edit: Can we ask for postcards and send them to our family? (If they tell nothing of the expirament)

Last edited by Ranma; 10-12-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Hihi Offline
Elite Trainer

Umm... Hard Choice.

Well... Door A Means my family will worry about me and greive, and i'll be haunted by that every day in door a, But i can have anything i want that's un-electronic. The Clones would be disterbing though.

Door b means i die. :X

Umm... Door A, Because i'll be able to see my friends and family again after 20 years.

ANDD.

If i chose Door B, i'll die knowing that my parents, friends, family, and everyone i care about will never know what happened to me. And that's just mental torture. Even as you're Dying.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 AM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poring
It’s like a zombie that can obey basic instructions like “bend over”.
RoFLoL;

That in mind, obviously there is but one true answer.

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 10-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Gold Rush Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Gold Rush

Door A, because I can do something with my life and come out better when I'm out

[URPG] [VPP] [Knights of the Round Table] [ASB]

“For ten years I chased Suicune, and I finally got to see it. I'm all choked up!”
Old 10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Poring Offline

Send a message via AIM to Poring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger Crysis View Post

RoFLoL;

That in mind, obviously there is but one true answer.

~Isaiah
i c what you did thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam 230 View Post
Door A, because I can do something with my life and come out better when I'm out
Or you could go insane.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:25 PM
superdude44 Offline

I would never kill certenly not me. so dorr A it doesnt seem so bad.