Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:14 PM
IzumiRyuu Offline
New Trainer

Exclamation Vampire Knight Fanfic Preview

yeah im writing one and i want your opinion on it, no, it's not finished yet.

A knock on my bedroom door told me that my brother was up and now wanted me out of bed. He came in just as I pulled the blankets over my head.

“C’mon, Leanna. I think you’ll be surprised when you see what’s come in the mail for you”

I moaned and sat up. Because we were so far away from the main part of the city, our mail was always delivered a day late. Meaning no mail on Sunday’s or Monday’s.
I hated Krona for being the oldest. The only upside was that he made breakfast while I slept in. Perfect for Saturday mornings.
I looked at the clock, 8:30, which means Krona let me sleep in an extra half hour.
Rolling out of bed and putting on my favourite pair of penguin slippers, I headed downstairs to the smell of bacon.
On the table was a large white box. I could see why Krona didn’t want to drag it upstairs. There was also a smaller brown box on top with a seal that I had never seen before.
I grabbed a knife out of the kitchen drawer and sat at the table with the smallest box in front of me while Krona put the eggs and bacon on plates.
I stared at the box for a moment before starting to rip the paper off. Inside the box was a black and white uniform with a letter of acceptance to Cross Academy. I couldn’t help but let my jaw drop.

“What’s up? Oh!”

Krona skim read the letter I was still holding before placing a plate of food in front of me.

“There’s only 2 problems with this. 1) your uniform is mostly black which means you’re going to cook in the heat and 2) who am I going to bug in the mornings?”

“As for the first one, we’re inside all day and for the second, that’s what a dog is for”

I scarfed down the food and put the plate in the sink and went to the bigger box. Inside was some strings for my violin and some art supplies.
I took both boxes upstairs and sat them at the end of the bed. I pulled out the uniform and noticed the only thing I hated about it, the red ribbon.
I tried it on and it fit perfectly.

“If you weren’t my sister, I’d ask you out”

I jumped and turned to find Krona leaning up against my doorframe.

“How do I look?”

“Incredibly cute. You know, you’re going to have all the guys chasing you”

“That’s fine with me, now out! I want to get dressed”

I got into my favourite pair of jeans and shirt after squirming out of the skirt. I hated waring a skirt but it was a small price to pay for going to the best school on our continent.
I packed the art and music supplies in the spare room, Krona left the spare room for all my music and art stuff especially with the fact that I was heavily into digital art right now.

“I’m going into town, you want anything?”

“Yeah, how about snacks to go with our movies tonight and some ice cream?”

“OK, Cola, extra spicy chips for you and a tub of double chocolate ice cream. Got it”

I listened to him close and lock the door behind him then I went over to where I kept my instruments and started a visual inspection. When I was satisfied that everything looked ok, I moved onto the sound test.
My flute diffinently needed a new reed. It was beginning to sound like a seagull that had been hit by a car.
I changed my reeds, grabbed my music folder and went downstairs. I flipped the T.V. to the music channel and went through my sheet music till I found the song I wanted.
I did a bit of practising before Krona got home then went to help him put the food away.

“So when are you leaving for school?”

“Tomorrow afternoon they’re sending someone to come get me”

“I didn’t think you’d be leaving so soon. So anything you want for dinner? It’s your turn to cook”

“Hears the deal, I’ll make the pasta, you pick the sauce”

He pulled out a bottle of Ranch Dressing from a paper bag.

“Be glad we both like our noodles like that”

I watched him put a bag of apples in the fridge and started cooking the pasta. No one except my brother could make a job out of grocery shopping.
I handed him a plate of noodles and told him to take it to the living room.
We sat there and watched a couple of movies and made it through 2 bags of chips and a bottle and a half of pop.
We cleaned up the living room and I went to bed knowing that I’d have a full day tomorrow.
When I woke up, there was rain pelting the window and the clock read 6 a.m. Krona wasn’t up yet.
I got up and went to the kitchen for breakfast. I grabbed a glass of juice and a bowl of ice cream, the breakfast of champions.
It would still be another hour and a half before Krona was up so I started on the sink full of dirty dishes and then went to the bathroom for a hot shower.
I got dressed in a pair of sweat pants and a tank top then started filling my water containers. I might as well do something productive while the rest of the world still slept.
I started my piece as usual with a simple sketch, then on to the water colour, then scanning it onto my computer for touch-ups. I was almost finished the water colour when Krona stuck his head in and fixed me with an evil stare.

“What time did you get up?”

I glanced at the clock.

“Two hours ago and I’ve already had breakfast AND I did the dishes”

His jaw dropped.

“Someone must’ve stuck hot coals under your nose cause you’re never up that early or doing so much work first thing in the morning”

“That’s what happens whey you can’t go outside because it’s raining buckets”

Our next door neighbour and I generally went biking on Sunday mornings.
I put the paintbrush in the now muddy water and took them downstairs for cleaning.

“I’m not really sure that I want to know but what did you have for breakfast?”

“I had the breakfast of champions!”

“Let me guess, ice cream?”

“And don’t forget the juice”

I put the brushes in the now clean glass on the counter while Krona grabbed the cornflakes from under the counter.
He poured milk into the bowl then took a mouthful out of the carton. I crumpled up a piece of paper and threw it at his head for it. It hit the mark then fell to the floor.

“I hate it when you do that!”

I stared at him with my arms folded across my chest.

“I can’t see why. You can’t have milk anyway.”

He did have a point. We stopped buying 4L when we found out that I could have cheese, ice cream and yogurt but not actual milk.
I waited for him to finish eating then went upstairs to pack up what I’d need for my “trip”.
I started putting my bags by the door until there was only 2 things left to pack. I was going to get heavy into the music this year.
When I was finished, I sat on the couch with a book and the cordless phone.
I called my aunt to thank her for the package and that I got accepted to the academy. After and hour I finally hung up.
Krona had turned the T.V. to some si-fi movie that I couldn’t get into.
It was now 10:30 with the sun finally peeping through the clouds and no rain. I was glad that I could finally get out of the house.
I took my bike off the porch and went for a ride to the bookstore then to the music store. I’d need something to keep my mind occupied for weeks on end since I didn’t know when I’d get the chance to come back for a visit.
I found a couple of CDs and a new book before heading home.
My paint was finally dry enough to scan without smudges. I wasn’t going to start touch-ups because I still wanted to put the new CDs on there, less stuff to carry.
I set the CDs to play while I got changed.
Krona knocked on my door with a box in his hands.

“This is for you.”

I opened the box. Inside was a black collar. Attached to it was a cross with a tiny heart and gem in the middle.

“It was mom’s. Consider it a going away present”

I put it on. I wasn’t used to the heavy leather and silver but it suited the school uniforms perfectly.
I was sad about leaving but excited too. I was going to the best school in the country.
I yawned, I wasn’t used to getting up at 6 am no matter what the reason was.
There was a knock on the door and as I dashed out of my room, Krona opened it. On the other side was a guy and a girl, both wearing the same uniforms as myself.

“Leanna! They’re here!”

“I noticed”

I had my laptop case slung over my shoulder with the last of my stuff in it. The boy grabbed the biggest bag while the girl grabbed the smaller one.
I said my goodbyes and followed them out the door. The girl introduced herself as Yuuki Cross and the boy as Zero Kiryuu. They seemed nice enough.
The three of us made it back to the school in one piece. The place was bigger then I imagined and a lot more peaceful than the city it was next too.
They helped me settle into my dorm room, which I had all to myself. Then Yuuki showed me around the grounds. Around sunset she dragged me to where the rest of the school was gathered.

“Hey Yuuki! What’s going on?”
“It’s the Night Class. We go through this every sundown.”

She went to help Zero with crowd control while I stood away from the rest of the school. I couldn’t understand why everyone was so worked up over another class.
And then I saw them. Each member of the Night Class was elegant with delicate features. The one in the lead caught my eye. He had short blonde hair and blue eyes and he walked in such a way that you knew he had money. He was full of himself and wasn’t ashamed of it.
He stopped in front of me and looked at me like I was a foreign object that shouldn’t be there.

“You must be the new student, Leanna MacKenize, right?”

“Ah....yeah”

I blushed. Gossip really did spread like wildfire.

“Word’s spread about you. You’ve only been here one day and already you’ve got other girls jealous of you”

“Oh really”

“I’m Aido Hanabusa by the way. Anyway, I’ll see you around”

H turned and followed his classmates to the main building, I followed Yuuki back to the dorm.
I went to my room and stretched out on the bed. I unpacked my laptop and checked my emails. There was one from Krona which I replied to right away then I unpacked my tablet and started on the touch ups for my painting.
A knock on the door made me look up.

“Come in”

Aido stood in the doorway with the brown haired one behind him. I pointed to him.

“And you are?”

“Kaname Kuran, Dorm Leader”

They came in and sat on the other bed. Kaname noticed the folder with my prints in it and picked it up.

“May I?”

“Sure. Just be careful, they’re done on high gloss photo paper.

I went back to working on my piece while they went through the 30 or so prints in the folder.

“These are beautiful. Has anyone else seen them?”

“Just my brother. Some of them have been sold. Now I just need the money to go get them framed.”

“I can see why they’re jealous of you. You’re very talented”

I smiled.

“It’s not just art that I’m talented with. I’m also talented with music and guys too.”

Kaname got up and put the folder where he had been sitting.

“Well, I’ve got to get going”

When he got to the door he turned

“Be careful, Leanna. Aido can be pushy when he wants something”

I looked up at him.

“I can be just as bad”

Kaname closed the door behind him and Aido moved to sit beside me. I allowed it. He kept me company and busy with questions about my family and life, which I answered as best as I could.
My brother was right about the guys here, not that I was complaining.
The next day was sunny and warm. I got up and got dressed before heading down to the usual bustle of school breakfast.
Yuuki showed me to all of my classes. It turned out that we had all our classes together. Zero was being his usual self and not many of us liked ethics.
This went on for the next couple of weeks with emails to my brother every weekend and more artwork to finish then I could have imagined. All of which was emailed to my brother for printing.
Aido asked me out, which I declined, telling him that I had only known him for 3 weeks so there was no chance. Kaname laughed at this saying he assumed I was going to say no before he even asked.
This weekend was going to be devoted to sleep. Friday night I stayed up late watching online movies with Ruka, Kaname, Aido, Yuuki and Zero. Then, to everyone’s surprise and with a lot of nagging from Aido, I finally agreed to go out with him.
I threw them out around midnight and started cleaning. Aido stretched out on the spare bed and jumped when I smacked his feet so I could get my laptop.
“You’ve got yourself a new room mate”

“I don’t even need to ask. You can stay one night and that’s it. By the way, do NOT wake me up early tomorrow morning”

I climbed into bed, tossed my slippers and house coat on the floor. I was too tired to care where they ended up. He stared at them.

“What are those?”

He pointed at my slippers. The blue material poking out from under my even bluer house coat.

“I’m obsessed with penguins. Here, let me show you”

I pulled out a gift card from my wallet that had been sent to me for Christmas. It had a penguin on it that made snow angels depending on how you moved it.
He looked at it then handed it back. I placed it back in it’s slot then put the wallet back.
I lied back and watch Aido pick up one of my favourite books about dragons and started reading. I dozed off.
I awoke to blackness and it wasn’t because there was no light. No it was a shirt. A shirt that, ironically enough, smelled of lavender. I jumped back when I realized it wasn’t mine.

“I hope you realize that you snore”

“What are you...........what do you think you’re.......GRAAHH!”

I pushed him off the bed and flipped over onto my back

“What on god’s green earth do you think you’re doing?”

I glanced over the bed. Aido was lying there with the blanket half under him and his hands behind his head, looking quite smug and comfortable.

“By the way, how did you know I like the smell of lavender?”

“I didn’t. It just so happens that I like it too. But thanks for telling me”

I rolled my eyes as he got up and put the blanket at the end of my bed. He wasn’t at all what I was expecting for a vampire.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936
Default Re: Vampire Knight Fanfic Preview

Not bad, but you need more description as well to lengthen the story.
Take a look at mine if you want;
The Experiment

Last edited by Michelle8936; 10-02-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima

omg i love it. please write more. i want to know what happens. ^^
Old 10-07-2008, 02:53 AM
IzumiRyuu Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Ochima View Post
omg i love it. please write more. i want to know what happens. ^^
thanks ^^ im currently trying to find time to write more but when i do u'll be the first to know!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:54 AM
IzumiRyuu Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle8936 View Post
Not bad, but you need more description as well to lengthen the story.
Take a look at mine if you want;
The Experiment
IT'S NOT FINISHED YET! HINCE THE PART IN THE NAME CALLED "PREVIEW" don't ask, i felt like using caps lock
Old 10-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzumiRyuu View Post
thanks ^^ im currently trying to find time to write more but when i do u'll be the first to know!
YAY!!! ok, i cant wait to read more. ^^