Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Luu Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Non-Pokémon Plot
First attempt at actually continuing a story that I originally started playing the game it’s based off of. True, I have already gotten to the third page on my notepad with it. I colour coded it too for my ease (and the fact I don’t always remember who is talking when. The story takes place three years after the original events of Final Fantasy X and one year after the events of Final Fantasy X-2. (If you didn’t get a required amount at the end, and did not know Tidus comes back, then stop reading because he is in it.)

A young girl, notably known in the story as being Cres (although it is not her real name), just so happened to be a Summoner before Lady Yuna had become one herself. She was a mere ten year old at the time, with a few Guardians; Anmíng, Isaac and Oscar. Once she found out the truth behind Yevon, Zanarkand and the Final Aeon, (by this time, both her male Guardians had died trying to protect her) Cres decided not to go on with her Pilgrimage and flee to the Al Bhed Home at the time. It was lucky that Anmíng was an Al Bhed, one who lied to the temples (luls, will be explained when I actually get to the part) to be Guardian of Cres. After Lady Yuna brought the Eternal Calm, and the Fayth awoke, Cres disappeared as did Tidus.

Now with the Fayth dreaming once again, a return of Yu Yevon’s shield, Sin, is about to awaken. With Cres appearing on the Besaid Island after an absurd dream from the Fayth in her time, will Cres be able to muster up the courage to re-do a disturbing Pilgrimage with an old Guardian and some new ones?

Features appearances of Yuna, Rikku, Paine, Tidus, Wakka, Lulu, Vidina (Go get episode complete in X-2 in Besaid Island) etc.

Characters (so far that are planned)

Cres. Thirteen.
Ex-Summoner from three years ago.
Already in story.

Anmíng. Nineteen.
Al Bhed who is devoted to take care of Cres.
Not in story yet.

Bjin. ???
Request for a friend. She wanted to create a male version of a Viera (unfortunately, I got stuck with it).
Comes from Ivalice, quite a mysterious guy who agrees to be Cres’s guardian when she was in Djose.
Go to FF12 for details on the fact there are no males, but my friend > me. My friend > Final Fantasy.
Not in story yet.

I know the plot is a bit "woooo muddled" but I'm tired. >__<

It's easier NOT to have a plot for it, because so far, I'm not even sticking with the Sin return, lol.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:40 PM
chosen_one1 Offline

Lightbulb Re: Ideas and Premises

I've already started working on this idea- 2 ex-members of Team Rocket hunt down Giovanni and tell him Team Rocket is reforming. The plan- find the scientists at Silph Co respnsible for the creation of Porygon and forcing them to create Team Rocket a pokemon of their own. This is a good idea, right? It is amazingly action packed.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Gravity Offline
Elite Trainer

I have one; the story of a female Night Elf Demon Hunter as she hunts down and destroys those who murdered her family, onto to discover dark secrets kept for ages.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Giratina Offline

The Idea:

Three Pokemon (This isn't PMD, but it looks like it in the beginning.) are on a hunt for the fantastic and legendary Dimension Key, said to unlock fantastic treasures beyond any of their wildest dreams. When they think - or, at least two of them - they have finally found it, the 'leader' of the group - an anthro Persian - struts up to the 'Key' and grabs it, despite the most knowledgeable of the three - a Magneton named Helio - repeatedly telling her that it's not what they're looking for.

It's not.

As it turns out, the 'Key' was in reality the Galaxy Key, an item said to transport the wielder and anyone near it to the universe it was thinking of when they touched it. Since neither of the other two Pokemon, the Persian and a Raichu, were thinking of any others at the moment, it was Helio who's mind was read and determined the three Pokemon friends' destination:

The Human world.

When they arrive, the Magneton seems to be a lot more familiar then he was back in their home dimension...

Well? What do you think?

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 09-06-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:38 PM
AipomnFriends Offline

i wanna write a Pokemon adventure and romance fic on a touchy subject in today's world

THIS IS THE PLOT

it will be an adventure that split up a couple that were in love but now become rivals on the ones request

What happens is that there is a gay couple haven't figured out names yet but it will be two guys

They are 18 and the ones boyfriends is made by his parents to break-up and start a Pokemon journey and leaves his boyfriend

well the other boyfriends decides to start his own Pokemon journey to get his boyfriend who left without explain why he left back

The ones boyfriends parents are against gay people those are the ones that made the one Boy start a journey

And so far i think it could be a very sad but exciting story with new love connections and adventures

Can I get feed back before I start writing

Sometimes the best looking people are the meanest.....

Don't judge a book by its cover
Old 09-22-2008, 03:04 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Well, this is my first ever attempt at writing a Non-Pokemon Story, so bear with me

Based on many quest solving, mind cracking puzzle adventure books. Some of the puzzles and stuffs I found there was really a big headache, but when I saw the answer, I was like, Lol! Good Game x3

What's it about?
It's based on Crime-Solving/Thriller/Mind-Cracking kind of a Fic. Why, you too can take part in some of the puzzles the hero faces in the Adventure! Just a normal detective venturing around the world solving crimes and so forth, but with some fun stuff to do here and there.

Plot :
-Still Working-

So any comments? :o

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 10-09-2008, 02:17 AM
invalid Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to invalid

I was thinking of writing an OT fic that is different from the standard noob stories.

First off, the main character catches his Pokemon himself, then he struggles to control it, and when he gets on his journey, he faces starvation, winter weather, and the other things a 10 year old kid would face in out world if he was all alone in the world.

Would anyone read it?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:19 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Depends on how you write it, but sounds like something new. Harsh is good.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 10-09-2008, 02:21 AM
invalid Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to invalid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Depends on how you write it, but sounds like something new. Harsh is good.
I figure life is harsh, why should my character's be any different?

But do you think it will be read?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:26 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Without knowing how you write, I can't say. Fanfics can be very hit or miss.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 10-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Venonat Poison Powder Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Without knowing how you write, I can't say. Fanfics can be very hit or miss.
I'm already writing an ORIGINAL non-pokemon one-shot.
In middle ages England, there used to be a bunch of magicians. And for every good, there is evil; the Daemons. Evil magicians and creatures and stuff.
Anyways, Gabriel Stone created his own super-spell, the Full-Seal spell, which kinda takes the enemy apart and channels them into a weird void, never to be seen or heard from again(*wink wink*).
One day he captured a 22 year-old stone-using Daemon like he was nothing.
Now, flash forward to present-time where magic has barely been seen for SO long that almost nobhody knows how to use it anymore. Jake Stone recently graduated from college and is living in a small apartment in Park City, New Jersey. He lives a happy, normal life. And he can use minor spells(Gabriel STONE, Jake STONE). Since Gabe's spell has been used for so long, it had to absorb magical energy from somebody else to keep working. He doesn't know that yet.
And so, after over nine-hundred-or-so years, Aaron, stone Daemon, is released, since the spell has finally timed-out. Nobody knew about the time-out before, since it couldn't really be tested. Somehow he is forced to live with Jake(working it out)and live a 'normal' life. But after a few days another guy is released and they fight him and stuff, since they can't have the bad guys just running around and stuff. Luckily, the first guy released was sealed due to a freak accident and isn't evil, just disoriented.
And as we leave them, they swear to work together to defeat the 496 other recorded Daemons sealed by Gabriel.

Notes:
Gabriel was born in 1027 and died at age 47 or so.
Magic is channeled through your body into objects, but it only REALLY works well when projected through a gemstone(that's why magicians carry staffs with gems in them).
Jake works in a small cafe called 'The Pink Banana'. The owner's weird and doesn't even know why she named the place that.
Aaron channels his magic through five rubies fused into each finger of his left hand. It really hurt to get them in the first place and he hides these with gloves.
Jake's best spells are illusions, so he can mask any battles that happen in the city(he can block sound and turn things intangible, too).
Jake learned magic from mother and has a sapphire pendant from his eighth birthday.
Their first 'enemy' is an aura magician named Garon(aura is different in my mind than from Lucario. It's channeled from your own energy into blob-like shapes. They REALLY burn). Aura usually is derived from your remaining lifespan, but he takes it from energy he's using right now. In battle his eyes turn red, his skin turns pale and his hair turns white, but usually he has hazel eyes and blonde hair.

Tell me what you think of my first one-shot/original story.
Hold your sentiments firm and seize the signs for tomorrow!

GINTAMA!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egrqt...eature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auDKV6eUa7g
The Rockman EXE Zone-My Other Forums
Yeah, that's it.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Oxygen Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Oxygen Send a message via MSN to Oxygen

Hey everyone ^^ I was planning on making a Legend of Zelda fic, and I need to know if you have any good suggestions to make it interesting!

...Once known as Politoed...
Shoddy: Oxygenocide (Mod)

Looking for someone with experience with Forums - PM me, or send me a message in AIM.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:58 PM
The Politoed Hunter Offline
Banned

Hey guys, I am gonna make a Pokemon Fan-fic. Grassy Aggron inspired me to make one, so props to you grassy! ^.^

Anyways. I am thinking of joining all of my current URPG stories together, maybe edit them a little bit, and turn it into a story. Each time I write a chapter for URPG, Ipost it for my story! There will be special chapters and filler chapters where I Don't catch Pokemon, so that every chapter the main character doesn't cathc a Pokemon. Anyone with any ideas to help me with this?
Old 11-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

I think what matters most is not the balance of pokemon catching chapters to non-catching ones but rather how enjoyable your character itself is to read. In truly good stories for the most part what makes them good is that the stories come from the heart, soul, and reactions of the main character to the world rather than the other way around. If you focus on listening to what makes the main character and their friends so one of a kind that the story you are writing can only be theirs' , and no one elses, that is when the magic happens IMHO. This does not even mean that the character has to be 'OMG so cool!:D' at all, some of the best stories of all time have been told about the most normal of people :).

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 11-02-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:08 PM
The Politoed Hunter Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
I think what matters most is not the balance of pokemon catching chapters to non-catching ones but rather how enjoyable your character itself is to read. In truly good stories for the most part what makes them good is that the stories come from the heart, soul, and reactions of the main character to the world rather than the other way around. If you focus on listening to what makes the main character and their friends so one of a kind that the story you are writing can only be theirs' , and no one elses, that is when the magic happens IMHO. This does not even mean that the character has to be 'OMG so cool!:D' at all, some of the best stories of all time have been told about the most normal of people :).
Thanks for the motivation, I am gonna start writing my story now! =D