Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Question to christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
You didn't know what I meant, did you?
I think he does. He questions why he shouldn't be skeptical, after all.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Demon_Shiron Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Demon_Shiron

Quote:
You're just crazy.

The Bible tells us everything that we need to know. If it's not in there, then we don't need to know it.
Ok Wunschkind, we're not here to tell people they're crazy... And if the Bible tells us everything we need to know, then what about other religion's Bibles, hmm? Now to answer the question of the thread, I honestly don't know about all of that. Now I believe there may be a God, but I'm not a devout Christian. I like to view things (or at least try to) from all points of view.

I Am Everything You Ever Were Afraid Of

My Friend Code: 2922-3457-5225
Old 10-04-2008, 10:00 PM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to zachattack Send a message via MSN to zachattack

In the end it's all up to faith. I see that now - actually it clears up a lot of things.

I think a lot of athiests / skeptics don't understand the meaning of faith.

Personally I'm not religious but I'm not an "Athiest" in the fact that a lot of athiests attack other religions and I don't want to be a part of that generalization.

==
==
Old 10-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
You didn't know what I meant, did you?
Chill, skillet, don't be tripping.

I'm pretty sure he did. You said we don't need to know it if it's not in the bible. He replied that there are lots of things we need to know for everyday life that aren't mentioned in there.

i.e. How to safely cross a road without getting hit.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 10-05-2008, 04:10 AM
Fantastical_Enterprises Offline
New Trainer

I love questions like this, they help my faith. =)

Basically, think of this:

God created every molecule, every atom and element, person and animal. Thus, he created time, never co-existed with it. The whole fact of that matter is that you can argue with it all you want, and still never get a sensible answer for one soul purpose. God exists. That is what he is and what he does, he /is/ existance, and in that existence, he is within a real that humans cannot comprehend nor fathom. Thus is why we get headaches over this question. It's far more than our brains can comprehend for now.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

I think I've heard some Christian, Wunschkind or otherwise, mention that God is out of Time and Space, which is kinda stupid, since Earth/The Universe is inside of Time and Space and to create such life inside Time and Space without entering that domain well... Commonsense + Biblical References = FAIL. It's like trying to divide by zero.

I'm a bit of a skeptic about fanatics who try to convince people about things they themselves don't even understand. I mean, Wunschkind, people might be more inclined to believe you if you gave evidence and reason for your accusations, not silly answers like; Oh the Bible IS EVERYTHING. Tell us why, give your reasoning. God I sound like a teacher now. But yeah. I'm curious as to why a majority of the world choose to put their faith in some kind of being that exists outside of the known universe/Time and Space who has never been seen before, yet brought a son to earth by impregnating a virgin, who then came back to life and apparently created everything, yet he's never given you any kind of faith or reason to believe him other than a book which had been written 2000 odd years ago, of which is a great example of Chinese Whispers.

That sounds pretty odd even to me. But yeah, the whole Outside of Time and Space theory sounds a little far fetched as well... Semen is inside Time and Space, unless it's HOLY SEMEN and can survive in unnatural conditions. But yeah... Erm. The topic...

Let's ask Google. :p

The Brood is growing!
Old 10-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancy View Post
Chill, skillet, don't be tripping.

I'm pretty sure he did. You said we don't need to know it if it's not in the bible. He replied that there are lots of things we need to know for everyday life that aren't mentioned in there.

i.e. How to safely cross a road without getting hit.
I think Wunschkind was being sarcastic in his first comment, and his second was only trying to prove that. xP

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 10-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
I think I've heard some Christian, Wunschkind or otherwise, mention that God is out of Time and Space, which is kinda stupid, since Earth/The Universe is inside of Time and Space and to create such life inside Time and Space without entering that domain well... Commonsense + Biblical References = FAIL. It's like trying to divide by zero.

I'm a bit of a skeptic about fanatics who try to convince people about things they themselves don't even understand. I mean, Wunschkind, people might be more inclined to believe you if you gave evidence and reason for your accusations, not silly answers like; Oh the Bible IS EVERYTHING. Tell us why, give your reasoning. God I sound like a teacher now. But yeah. I'm curious as to why a majority of the world choose to put their faith in some kind of being that exists outside of the known universe/Time and Space who has never been seen before, yet brought a son to earth by impregnating a virgin, who then came back to life and apparently created everything, yet he's never given you any kind of faith or reason to believe him other than a book which had been written 2000 odd years ago, of which is a great example of Chinese Whispers.

That sounds pretty odd even to me. But yeah, the whole Outside of Time and Space theory sounds a little far fetched as well... Semen is inside Time and Space, unless it's HOLY SEMEN and can survive in unnatural conditions. But yeah... Erm. The topic...

Let's ask Google. :p
That's what I'm saying also if god created time and space and everything else where was he at when there was nothing and yet again how does something just exist in the middle of absolute no where when there is nowhere for him to exist?
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 10-06-2008, 02:10 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Valentine_4 View Post
That's what I'm saying also if god created time and space and everything else where was he at when there was nothing and yet again how does something just exist in the middle of absolute no where when there is nowhere for him to exist?
But going by that than even the big bang would be impossible because there would be no matter in the beggining. =/
Old 10-06-2008, 02:20 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Yeah ... really, getting into that question really raises more. People who use it to question God are really just hurting their case, because if that's so where did the particles come from that made the Big Bang? (Smart man, Ramna).

At any rate, "there are things we as humans cannot understand." It's true, there is no way we can ever know everything, it's impossible. And so questioning people who will never know the truth is a retarded argument; it would be the same as people asking any question that no one could answer.

Really, it does come down to faith. Those who don't believe in God ... well, the key word in that sentence was 'believe.' They BELIEVE there isn't a God, they have faith that there isn't a God. Because you can't know, no matter how much 'facts' and 'opinions' are thrown around.

People can be very hypocritical.

Seercry is the man XD.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 10-06-2008, 02:44 AM
Seercry Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
Yeah ... really, getting into that question really raises more. People who use it to question God are really just hurting their case, because if that's so where did the particles come from that made the Big Bang? (Smart man, Ramna).

At any rate, "there are things we as humans cannot understand." It's true, there is no way we can ever know everything, it's impossible. And so questioning people who will never know the truth is a retarded argument; it would be the same as people asking any question that no one could answer.

Really, it does come down to faith. Those who don't believe in God ... well, the key word in that sentence was 'believe.' They BELIEVE there isn't a God, they have faith that there isn't a God. Because you can't know, no matter how much 'facts' and 'opinions' are thrown around.

People can be very hypocritical.

Seercry is the man XD.
I was wondering if anyone had read what I posted earlier. Thank you Dr. Scott.
*bows*

Cred for Avatar and Banner go to Anastasia-R

Old 10-06-2008, 03:16 AM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Yeah, that's true, but it's annoying when a lot of christians, and do not deny that a lot of chrstians do this, believe their way is the only way, and if you don't you're either evil or retarded; that's the main cause for athiests in the first place.
A lot of people who question god wouldn't question god if christianity didn't manage to barge into so many things like politics and education. America, at least, is a free country with religious tolerance, and I don't think it should be okay for politicians to base their campaigns around their religion, and also for schools to be teaching the christian way.

==
==
Old 10-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Stormdancer94 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Stormdancer94 Send a message via MSN to Stormdancer94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
But going by that than even the big bang would be impossible because there would be no matter in the beggining. =/

I think the theory is that there was a universe before us, then the sun ASPLODED when it ran out of OJ. So yeah. They predict that it'll happen again. I also heard that you can still hear the Big Bang echoing in space, which is a little odd, as there is nothing for it to echo off? Well, besides planets, but then theoretically, we'd be able to hear it somehow too? Like, with machines and stuff, our ears suck.

Btw, how does it say in the Bible how God made everything? Does it just say BOOM. And there was life. Or did he say some kind of magic word? Use a part of his 'body'? Do what? I mean. Just vaguely saying, This is God folks. He's like your Holy dude. he made everything.
It's a bit vague. I learn things by finding out what I don't know, or what I want to know.

Oh yeah, just a tidbit, in History at my school, we're studying Islamic Society in the Middle Ages with the Crusades and whatnot. I'm really interested to see the difference between that and Christian beliefs, because now, Muslims have got a giant stereotype sticker on them which basically says; IMMA TERRORIST. KICK ME. Which is really horrible. So yeah. Good times.

The Brood is growing!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:43 AM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer94 View Post
I think the theory is that there was a universe before us, then the sun ASPLODED when it ran out of OJ. So yeah. They predict that it'll happen again. I also heard that you can still hear the Big Bang echoing in space, which is a little odd, as there is nothing for it to echo off? Well, besides planets, but then theoretically, we'd be able to hear it somehow too? Like, with machines and stuff, our ears suck.

Btw, how does it say in the Bible how God made everything? Does it just say BOOM. And there was life. Or did he say some kind of magic word? Use a part of his 'body'? Do what? I mean. Just vaguely saying, This is God folks. He's like your Holy dude. he made everything.
It's a bit vague. I learn things by finding out what I don't know, or what I want to know.

Oh yeah, just a tidbit, in History at my school, we're studying Islamic Society in the Middle Ages with the Crusades and whatnot. I'm really interested to see the difference between that and Christian beliefs, because now, Muslims have got a giant stereotype sticker on them which basically says; IMMA TERRORIST. KICK ME. Which is really horrible. So yeah. Good times.
He did it in like stages
one day he made light, he like snapped and bang light, which doesn't make sense since he made stars and planets AFTER that, and we all know light comes from the sun, but hey. lol. Then he made humans and animals.

Somethjing like that.

==
==
Old 10-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

All we have are guesses and we wont find the correct answer throughout the course of our life I'm sure man probably doesn't need to know all of this anyways but I am really interested in how the world and pretty much everything came to be.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."