Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:05 AM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to zachattack Send a message via MSN to zachattack
Default Question to christians

Note: This is not meant to attack or accuse Christians, but to merely discuss an interesting topic.

So we all know that Christians believe in a sole god, who created everything and ANYTHING.

So when I ask "who made god?", I either get "no one knows," which is stupid because the bible should tell everything, or "he always existed", which is a bit more sensicle, but still.
If god always existed, that means god coexisted with time. Time could not have been created by god because god always existed, meaning that he must have existed during time, meaning he could not have created it.

Since he did not create it, is there a higher power over him? Or am I just crazy?

==
==
Old 10-04-2008, 03:37 AM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal
Default Re: Question to christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachNCheeze View Post
Note: This is not meant to attack or accuse Christians, but to merely discuss an interesting topic.

So we all know that Christians believe in a sole god, who created everything and ANYTHING.

So when I ask "who made god?", I either get "no one knows," which is stupid because the bible should tell everything, or "he always existed", which is a bit more sensicle, but still.
If god always existed, that means god coexisted with time. Time could not have been created by god because god always existed, meaning that he must have existed during time, meaning he could not have created it.

Since he did not create it, is there a higher power over him? Or am I just crazy?
You're just crazy.

The Bible tells us everything that we need to know. If it's not in there, then we don't need to know it.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:45 AM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
You're just crazy.

The Bible tells us everything that we need to know. If it's not in there, then we don't need to know it.
Isn't that kind of backwarding though?
We wouldn't have ever discovered medicine, communication, and air travel if we didn't try to figure out things not in the bible...

==
==
Old 10-04-2008, 03:58 AM
Vincent_Valentine_4 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Vincent_Valentine_4

Yet another reason that makes mankind question if there really is a god that's a great question and there is no right answer to it christians may try and make excuses like Wunschkind but they can't answer that question with a logical answer. I guess some people would say God created time and time didn't exist before god but that's just stupid.
www.myspace.com/thomashoyt I are awesome
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ostcount=19347
Brawl FC:1633-3939-2142
"Put this in your sig if religion is just used to manipulate and control people."
Old 10-04-2008, 04:51 AM
Poring Offline

Send a message via AIM to Poring

When in doubt, Google!

*googles "where did God come from"*

I guess this is your explanation.

Quote:
I guess some people would say God created time and time didn't exist before god but that's just stupid.
But why would that be stupid? You can't just dismiss an idea.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:54 AM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poring View Post
When in doubt, Google!

*googles "where did God come from"*

I guess this is your explanation.

But why would that be stupid? You can't just dismiss an idea.
I guess the question is how do you function without time? You cannot do anything without time. Even god cannot, I mean, it took him 7 days to create everything (or something like that) so obviously he obeys the laws of time too otherwise everything would have been at once.
If he was outside time, explain why it took him more than 0 time to make everything? Why is it that it took 1.3 BILLION years for eukaryotic cells to appear? Does god just sit around for 1.3 bil years for fun? Does he sit around for 7 days for fun?

==
==
Old 10-04-2008, 05:00 AM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
You're just crazy.

Remove the cross from the Holy Bible, and you have a glorified History textbook. Sure, the Bible does actually contain some factual information in there which has been proven, but other things are up in the air. The Bible is known to contradict itself, thus making it difficult to confirm, bust, or name things as plausible. The bold statement is not well thought out, there a plenty of things outside of the Bible that you must know for day to day life.

Honestly, if God exists he had to have come from somewhere. Hell, we don't know where we got the matter particles for the Big Bang, but they had to have come from somewhere. It's a matter of personal opinion, but I don't think that anyone can really answer this question. Not even Google. :o
Old 10-04-2008, 05:04 AM
Seercry Offline
Experienced Trainer

The answer: no one knows. It's a matter of faith. And I assume you believe in the Big Bang, hmmm? Well, here's a question for you. People say Big Bang was a bright point in the middle of nothing that had an immense explosion, forming the universe. Where did said point of light come from? I've heard the answer "two particles collided, forming the point, and the interaction caused the particles to explode." Where did said particles come from? No one seems to know that one. I am a Christian, believing in God, Jesus, the whole nine yards. Even I admit it's a roundabout question that I have no answer to. It is my belief that if I seek forgiveness for my sins and believe in God, I'll get the chance to ask about it in Heaven when I die. I don't expect you to believe in what I do, but I do want you to respect, as I respect what I suspect is your belief.

@Vincent Valentine:I agree with Poring. I defy you to explain to me why it's stupid. Why should my belief be stupid because I don't think similarly to you?

My five cents.

Cred for Avatar and Banner go to Anastasia-R

Old 10-04-2008, 05:09 AM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seercry View Post
The answer: no one knows. It's a matter of faith. And I assume you believe in the Big Bang, hmmm? Well, here's a question for you. People say Big Bang was a bright point in the middle of nothing that had an immense explosion, forming the universe. Where did said point of light come from? I've heard the answer "two particles collided, forming the point, and the interaction caused the particles to explode." Where did said particles come from? No one seems to know that one. I am a Christian, believing in God, Jesus, the whole nine yards. Even I admit it's a roundabout question that I have no answer to. It is my belief that if I seek forgiveness for my sins and believe in God, I'll get the chance to ask about it in Heaven when I die. I don't expect you to believe in what I do, but I do want you to respect, as I respect what I suspect is your belief.

@Vincent Valentine:I agree with Poring. I defy you to explain to me why it's stupid. Why should my belief be stupid because I don't think similarly to you?

My five cents.
that's not the point. You accuse me for believing in something that was not even related.
If no one knows, doesn't anyone WONDER? It's backwarding and ignorant not to try to find out! LVC machine or whatever it's called is going out to see if big bang theory is really true - I don't see anyone trying to find out about gods existence because of ignorance and blind faith. There's a difference between educated faith and blind faith.
No one seems to know, but at least people are trying to find out.
I respect your belief. If that was not clear, I'll make it clear. I respect anyones belief, I was just pondering the answer to this paradox-ish thing.

Anyway, if anyone has an answer other than "no one knows" or "no one needs to know", get back to me.

==
==
Old 10-04-2008, 05:13 AM
Seercry Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
that's not the point. You accuse me for believing in something that was not even related.
If no one knows, doesn't anyone WONDER? It's backwarding and ignorant not to try to find out! LVC machine or whatever it's called is going out to see if big bang theory is really true - I don't see anyone trying to find out about gods existence because of ignorance and blind faith. There's a difference between educated faith and blind faith.
I respect your belief. If that was not clear, I'll make it clear. I respect anyones belief, I was just pondering the answer to this paradox-ish thing.

Anyway, if anyone has an answer other than "no one knows" or "no one needs to know", get back to me.
I apologize. I only assumed, wrongly it seems, that you were a theorist of the Big Bang theory. That is why I brought it up. I think the main reason no one tries to find out is because, well, why need to? People have been trying for millenia to search for evidence supporting God's existince. Anyone found anything? Not that I know of. WE may not be able to see God, but it's like air. We know it is there, although we can't see it. The point of religion is faith, whether blind or educated.

By the way, Large Hadron Collider. LHC. ;]

Cred for Avatar and Banner go to Anastasia-R

Old 10-04-2008, 05:15 AM
zachattack Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seercry View Post
I apologize. I only assumed, wrongly it seems, that you were a theorist of the Big Bang theory. That is why I brought it up. I think the main reason no one tries to find out is because, well, why need to? WE may not be able to see God, but it's like air. We know it is there, although we can't see it. The point of religion is faith, whether blind or educated.

By the way, Large Hadron Collider. LHC. ;]
Right right, LHC, my bad.

I see your point. I guess questioning god is really pointless because in the end I'm probably not going to influence anything related to it anyway.
I was just curious, it's an interesting thought. The fact that a being can exist out of time just blows my mind, I don't think it's even fathomable, but if it's possible for a god to do it, by all means, cool.

I personally don't care for the beginnings of time and life.
I prefer to think about more current things like how certain political candidates may screw us or not screw us over.

Thanks for the participation people, I guess this thread is over unless you guys want to keep discussing.

==
==
Old 10-04-2008, 05:26 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
I guess the question is how do you function without time? You cannot do anything without time. Even god cannot, I mean, it took him 7 days to create everything (or something like that) so obviously he obeys the laws of time too otherwise everything would have been at once.
If he was outside time, explain why it took him more than 0 time to make everything? Why is it that it took 1.3 BILLION years for eukaryotic cells to appear? Does god just sit around for 1.3 bil years for fun? Does he sit around for 7 days for fun?
Who ever said that the 7 days God used to create Earth was by the 24 hour standard? The Bible literally says that the life of man is but just a breath.

As for the thread's main question, God is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. Its not hard to believe that God broke the stasis and created time to allow things to change, shape, and develop over duration. Think about it this way. If you have dough, it won't become bread unless you bake it in the oven, and allow it to change its nature. Think of that oven as the medium of time. So unless you allow the oven to cook the bread (allow time to pass), it will stay as dough.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:

The LHC would have a 100% chance of proving the big bang correct...

And its hard to prove correct a divine being whos in an entirely different plane of existence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Who ever said that the 7 days God used to create Earth was by the 24 hour standard?
Exactly what I was going to say...
Old 10-04-2008, 12:39 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Isn't that kind of backwarding though?
We wouldn't have ever discovered medicine, communication, and air travel if we didn't try to figure out things not in the bible...
You didn't know what I meant, did you?
Old 10-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

I'm not a Christian, but being a member of PE2K, I guess I'm entitled to post my views. Also, that's not a Christian belief alone...it's a Muslim belief, it's a Jewish belief, it's a Sikh belief, it's a Hindu belief, it's a belief that all religions believe in. Of course, in religions that don't believe in a single God, it's not quite the same, but it's all the same concept.

I've always believed in the Big Bang theory and evolution, but I still believe in a God, or several Gods. How? Because as Einstein said, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind". They must go hand in hand, and so all science is doing is explaining what God(s) had created.

Now to answer your question, I'd have to say that there is no answer. It's all about perception and faith, and every person will have a different answer...it's one of those questions.

Deathpspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^