Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce
Default I'll Be Here [A One-Shot]

Alright, so I noticed that I am just about the only person in forever that hasn't written a Misty-based story, so I wanted to write one and fit in with you cool kids. I was really inspired by Pokemon Trainer Sarah's What Makes Me Misty Most Of All.

I'm not really satisfied with the way this story came out, but I figured I would post it anyways. I wrote this in one sitting at 4:00 AM, mind you.

Like Sarah's, this takes place the night before Misty leaves in the anime episode "Gotta Catch You Later".

BRYCExKAT

Last edited by Bryce; 09-07-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: I'll Be Here

I'll Be Here

Misty Waterflower sat down at the desk with no intention of opening up her heart. Under no circumstances did pouring out her emotions seem enticing. Empathy was her target in documenting this letter, and should she slip below that to let any sort of passion fill her words, she would be ashamed.

The Pokémon Center was dead around her, its silence broken only by the hushed breaths of the sleeping figures beside her. Misty dared not gaze upon their faces, for she knew that it would only bring more tears.

She couldn’t handle any more tears.

Instead, she forced her eyes back upon the sheet before her, its blank surface staring tauntingly up at her. The soft orange light that was spat forth by the lamp beside her made her vision blurry.

Misty tilted her head back, attempting to collect her thoughts as they scattered about within her mind. They were keen to stay clear of perception, and thus danced about in a haze. Part of her didn’t want to gather them. Part of her wanted to leave her companions with only the impression that she had shown them over the past few years. That part of Misty Waterflower wished for Ash Ketchum to remember her only by her stubborn disposition.

Yet that part of her wasn’t in control on this night.

The redheaded female sighed deeply, forcing the pen upon the page. She despised its stationary position, hated it with an unmatched ire. The girl urged her hand to move, to form but a letter or two about the truth that she wished to display.

Ash Ketchum,

Misty looked down to see that she had written two words. It wasn’t an outstanding accomplishment, but it was a start.

Of all the hot-headed, arrogant, self-centered people that I have met in my life…

She hadn’t meant for those words to appear on this page. Not tonight.

I have to say that you are the worst.

Her anger flared. This was going all wrong. She didn’t mean to belittle the guy, but some force urged her to write that sentence. Scolding Ash wasn’t her intention tonight, and Misty knew this. She would fix it later, she decided, and compelled the pen to spell out more words.

I can’t help but think about all of the things that I have missed while travelling with you. So much of my life has been lost these past few years, and you are the only one I can blame for that.

At this point, she had had it with herself. She threw her hands to her hair, the movement disheveling it beyond the mess that already existed. Why couldn’t she break this tough-girl exterior that she had bound herself to so long ago? What prevented her from stepping beyond her comfort zone so that she might leave behind a trace of her true self?

And yet… I’m okay with that.

I’m okay with the fact that I missed out on all of the parties and dates and clubs and everything else that a regular girl goes through in her life… Because I gained so much more out of this experience than I could ever have hoped for from just living in Cerulean City.

A crack had fractured her consciousness. Her otherwise “invincible” wall of emotion had suffered a damaging blow, and before it had time to repair itself, Misty pressed the pen to paper once more.

I know that us meeting wasn’t just a coincidence. As much as I tried to convince myself that your destroying my bicycle was just some freak-chance occurrence, I know that something else played a part in that day.

At this point, she stopped; her breaths were so shallow and tender that she wasn’t sure they were coming at all. She had made progress, but she felt on the verge of spilling over and letting everything drain from her into this letter. Misty knew that she had to control this note so that everything came little by little.

I joined you on your journey with the excuse of wanting you to repair my bike, but I always knew that it was partially for another reason. There has to be something about a certain person that will make anyone follow them for as long as I was with you. Something more than a desire for a repaid debt. There was just something about you, Ash. Something that I hadn’t seen in anyone else before.

Her heart felt vulnerable at this moment, and it was an alien feeling to the girl. A sudden snort from somewhere in the darkness almost caused her to look toward the boy, yet she couldn’t. Not yet.

I wouldn’t have followed just any person into a bug-filled forest that day, ya know.

A grin pried her lips apart at the sudden recollection of the Caterpie that had seemed so terrifying that very first day that she had met the cap-donning boy. The memory seemed so distant, yet supplied the warmth of familiarity that had been nonexistent in the days previous to this night. She supposed that was only because everything before tonight was part of the memory-making process. After this, there would be no more memories. She would be gone.

And to think that I have to give this all up…

Just breaks my heart.

Never before had Misty used such a word when communicating with Ash Ketchum. Never before this instance had she displayed any sign of harboring emotion or love or a heart that is only human. Never before would she have even dreamed that she would talk of such to a boy like Ash. It was so new. So… Strange.

I can’t help but hurt when I imagine us three splitting up. I have grown so accustomed to you both that… I can’t see living life any other way than spending every day with you at my side.

The girl pressed herself to write as much as she could, but the bleary sight that resulted from her brimming eyes and the delicate patter of tears upon her faded daisy shirt mandated that she stop. Her insides fought savagely against themselves, and the result was only more agony worming into her heart. It felt tainted, tainted with weakness and hurt and despair and all of these foreign feelings. The fact that she could do nothing to cease their coming only brought more grief, and more than ever, Misty Waterflower felt helpless.

Her heart slammed against her ribcage, which was so awkward, for she felt that it didn’t exist at all anymore. It had been snatched by a world of hurt. A world that only found pleasure in bringing others pain. A world that, when discovering happiness, would immediately douse the source so that the victims may drown in their own pity.

Just know, Ash Ketchum, that I have never hated you. I would never do anything to hurt you, and I hope that this can convince you of that fact, for this letter is all I have. You truly have a friend in me, and I thank you so much for giving me an opportunity to meet such an extraordinary guy. You have made my life so much more than I thought it would ever amount to, and I know that it will be impossible for me to ever show my full appreciation.

She couldn’t stop, not now. Misty fought to end this anguish that brewed within her. She fought to seal the wound that felt so fresh in her soul.

Just know, Ash Ketchum,

That when you are finished accomplishing your dreams,

When fame and fortune have found you,

When you want nothing more out of life,

I’ll be here.

And with that, she was finished. She carefully folded the letter, her shaky hands lost to a now firm grip. The stains from the fresh tears were vanishing. She had written what she had wanted to write.

She found that she no longer had the desire to gaze upon the sleeping boy. She couldn’t. The redheaded female placed the letter beside him, then slipped silently out of the Pokémon Center into the night.

Misty Waterflower had sat down at the desk with no intention of opening up her heart.

She smiled in the realization that she had.

BRYCExKAT

Last edited by Bryce; 09-09-2008 at 02:54 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Blast the Stereo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Blast the Stereo Send a message via MSN to Blast the Stereo
Default Re: I'll Be Here

First to comment!

Awww, this was really touching.

I loved your vocabulary, and how it all came full circle in the end with "Misty Waterflower had sat down at the desk with no intention of opening up her heart."

Great job. I enjoyed it, and you make me want to write my own now. D:<

paired with kimmi.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector
Default Re: I'll Be Here [A One-Shot]

It's interesting, I'll give you that. And being a Misty-lover myself, I can't help but enjoy stories like this.

Still, I felt that the style of writing that Misty used in her letter was exactly the same as the style of writing that you used in the narrative. And a few words here and there seemed...unnatural.

Beyond that, it was a nice emotional piece of writing. I liked it.

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 09-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Coolio. :3

@ Adam: After I posted it, I realized how much I disliked it. :( I'm glad to see that you enjoyed it, though. It took freaking a million years to post, because I kept disconnecting, so I was all, "Omfg -________-" <3

@ Deathspector: I was actually expecting a harsher critique from you. :] I didn't say it, but Don't Cry, Misty was actually what first made me want to write a Misty story. So thanks. :] Oh, and I am always being told that I put certain words in awkward places. I need to keep an eye on that. Hah.

Thanks for the comments, sexfaces. <3

BRYCExKAT
Old 09-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Blast the Stereo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Blast the Stereo Send a message via MSN to Blast the Stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post
Coolio. :3

@ Adam: After I posted it, I realized how much I disliked it. :( I'm glad to see that you enjoyed it, though. It took freaking a million years to post, because I kept disconnecting, so I was all, "Omfg -________-" <3

@ Deathspector: I was actually expecting a harsher critique from you. :] I didn't say it, but Don't Cry, Misty was actually what first made me want to write a Misty story. So thanks. :] Oh, and I am always being told that I put certain words in awkward places. I need to keep an eye on that. Hah.

Thanks for the comments, sexfaces. <3
Heh, your welcome.

Don't beat yourself up over it.

You've written better, but it was still an enjoyable read. :]

paired with kimmi.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceBoy10 View Post
Oh dear, am I really that scary?

xP. That aside, though, I feel...well, for lack of a better word, honoured that "Don't Cry, Misty" inspired you. If it can still do that after all this time them I'm suspecting that it's good? =P

Deathspector

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^
Old 09-09-2008, 01:08 AM
zapfish Offline

I don't normally like anime based FFs but I really did find that appealing, and well written! I really enjoyed it!

Please come check out my fan-fic
"Wing of Zapdos"

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:45 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Well, I haven't watched the anime in years. I've never been one of those fans who is stuck on character relationships.
However, I did enjoy reading this. I think it was well-written, and I like the style you used, having her thoughts interrupt the letter she's writing.
When I first looked at it, I thought it was short, but reading it, the story feels complete. Well done dude! ^^