Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 06:40 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer
Default Re: Cerulean an Saffron Gym Situations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magare
In my humble opinion, a battle between Esper and Matthew is the only fair thing that would resolve this. Firstly, we all want stronger gym leaders, secondly Esper left his gym in his own free will... weather he didnt look around the forum for 5 friggin minutes (which i honestly do not believe) and see nobody else started over or its something else it really doesnt matter because he left. The gym was open and Matthew claimed it...

BUT having them battle is not fair because it's Matthew's Gym and he SHOULDN'T have to battle for it since Esper came up with some lie (IMHO) that he didn't have to start over. MATTHEW SHOULD KEEP HIS GYM AND NOT HAVE TO BATTLE FOR IT!!!!

This suit is black not.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:06 PM
~* Esper *~ Offline

Default Re: Cerulean and Saffron Gym Situations!

Honestly, I can truly understand and appreciate everyne's opinion. But, I DIDN'T freely give up my GYM. I DIDN'T see ANYTHING saying we didn't have to start over.

Dap- How do you think I feel ? I wanted that GYM so bad. I fought as hard as I could to get it with almost NOBODY on my side. I HONESTLY know how you feel, because I feel/felt the same way when i had to fight for my GYM.

I agree with boltAGE in the fact that just because we fight battles that determines who gets it. Think about the GYM leaders on the Anime show, they loose to Ash. So does that mean someone else automatically replaces them ? Get a clue. LOL J/K
Old 03-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

First off up people need to chill out. You all make it seem like it's a decision between life and death. I almost had to start over because I could'nt find my stats...luckly I did other wise I would'nt have kept my Gym. And if Jack made the choise of giving Esper his Gym back then let it be. And if you quit your Gym just because another one was open and someone got your old Gym that's your own damn fault. Matthew should get his back if he wants and Esper can keep his and it's Dap's fault for jumping around in Gyms.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Magare Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Magare

Well you see, the whole point isnt about Dap jumping gyms, because he didnt even have a gym at that time. The point is Matthew got the gym while it was open and in my opinion it should stay his.... Dap is just the third party here. Its all about Esper and Matthew really
Old 03-14-2004, 09:16 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

OMG! Tony! Dap didn't have a gym win this happened. So he wasn't "Gym hopping" He was gymless then when Matthew took Saffron he gave up Cerulean and Dap took Cerulean. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK. and it's Esper's fault for starting over.

This suit is black not.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane O Mac: Version 3.0
First off up people need to chill out. You all make it seem like it's a decision between life and death. I almost had to start over because I could'nt find my stats...luckly I did other wise I would'nt have kept my Gym. And if Jack made the choise of giving Esper his Gym back then let it be. And if you quit your Gym just because another one was open and someone got your old Gym that's your own damn fault. Matthew should get his back if he wants and Esper can keep his and it's Dap's fault for jumping around in Gyms.

Excuse me?! FYI I have now been shunted out of 2 gyms so its not like i have been jumpring around alot. The only gyms that I switched from were pewter and violet but I got them 1.Pewter was given to me since lavaridge was taken from me 2.Violet I thought I could do well in defending it and just as raik said about him giving up blackthron, I gave it up because I knew others could do a better job than me.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 03-14-2004, 09:17 PM
koolcurtis Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to koolcurtis Send a message via Yahoo to koolcurtis

If only you all can see things from my view point. The other day in the other thread, everyone told me that battling for gyms is wrong, and now some say that it should be allowed in this thread. You all can't make up ur minds, or change them when it involves you.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:24 PM
~* Esper *~ Offline

I feel the same way, but not about the battling thing. I wish you could all see the way I feel about it.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:32 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Dap, you can keep Cerulean Gym. I gave it to you, and plus I have lost my passion for Water pokemon. I am in love with the psychic types. Esper has OCD with teh psychic pokemon... i little too much in my opinion. He has more of an emotional arguement, whereas I face you with a factual one. In an AIM conversation, he actually told my that he was destined to be teh Psychic Gym leader because he was psychic, and I am having a hard time beleiving that. In my honest opinion, and that of others, I feel that I am more qualified for the leader position. I have many powerfully TMed pokemon that are/were in my saffron line-up. I actually have no idea what to do about this. Basically here is how I see it. Jack took away my Saffron Gym without informing me (I just found out today) and I am gymless. I gave Dap the CG because I feel he is fit for the job, and he seems to have the same passion for water pokemon as I once did. Now I will fight to the death for the Saffron Gym. Maybe there should be a poll for who thinks should be the Gym Leader... I don't know....
Old 03-15-2004, 01:54 AM
~* Esper *~ Offline

Matthew, stop putting words into my mouth. I NEVER said I was DESTINED to be that Gym Leader. I said I am pulled towards it very strongly. So, you don't believe in Psychic's ? I am not psychic, I am telekinetic. I don't care WHO believes me, but it's true. Why do you like Psychic types, because that's my main reason. A poll is not a good idea, the judgement is from the official. Me and you are similar in which we would both fight to the DEATH fro Saffron.

Magare- It shouldn't have been open in the first place. The reason is, oh wait, you already know but DON'T CARE !!!!!

I have a reason for not being able to look around, and I told Dap, which I hope he doesn't share. It's a legitimate and honest reason.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:13 AM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
Dap, you can keep Cerulean Gym. I gave it to you, and plus I have lost my passion for Water pokemon. I am in love with the psychic types. Esper has OCD with teh psychic pokemon... i little too much in my opinion. He has more of an emotional arguement, whereas I face you with a factual one. In an AIM conversation, he actually told my that he was destined to be teh Psychic Gym leader because he was psychic, and I am having a hard time beleiving that. In my honest opinion, and that of others, I feel that I am more qualified for the leader position. I have many powerfully TMed pokemon that are/were in my saffron line-up. I actually have no idea what to do about this. Basically here is how I see it. Jack took away my Saffron Gym without informing me (I just found out today) and I am gymless. I gave Dap the CG because I feel he is fit for the job, and he seems to have the same passion for water pokemon as I once did. Now I will fight to the death for the Saffron Gym. Maybe there should be a poll for who thinks should be the Gym Leader... I don't know....
Thankyou Matthew, this means alot to me. I wish you every bit of luck in fighting this case. I know that both of you want it but no offence epser despite the reason you told me{dont worry i wont tell anyone} you still did leave the gym vacant and Matthew picked it up fair and square, it would be unfair to just shove him out of this gym, like it was unfair to shove you out when dux came back...Maybe...in this case fighting for it would be better, just for disputes like this not every single claim that they want to take over a gym without any history with it.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 03-15-2004, 04:50 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~* Esper *~
I feel the same way, but not about the battling thing. I wish you could all see the way I feel about it.
Because you know you'll never win Matthew and will never defend the gym better than him?
Old 03-15-2004, 10:29 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~* Esper *~
Matthew, stop putting words into my mouth. I NEVER said I was DESTINED to be that Gym Leader. I said I am pulled towards it very strongly. So, you don't believe in Psychic's ? I am not psychic, I am telekinetic. I don't care WHO believes me, but it's true. Why do you like Psychic types, because that's my main reason. A poll is not a good idea, the judgement is from the official. Me and you are similar in which we would both fight to the DEATH fro Saffron.

Magare- It shouldn't have been open in the first place. The reason is, oh wait, you already know but DON'T CARE !!!!!

I have a reason for not being able to look around, and I told Dap, which I hope he doesn't share. It's a legitimate and honest reason.

Um, Why shouldn't it have been open??? When u start over you give up your gym.....And that's what you did so Matthew took it.....A bunch of people think you're a liar.....I don't think you should have the Gym it should be Matthew;s!!!!!!!!

This suit is black not.

Last edited by JohtoTrainer; 03-16-2004 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:39 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

*taptaptap*
class, pay attention. let's go through a history lesson... *cue fuzzy flashback*

The year was 2004, it was January (i think) when all of the sudden... CRASH!!! One day, PE2K forums just disappears. Some members lost their stats and were forced to start over for whatever reasons. Esper, not having his stats, started over. Upon seeing this post in the Request thread, Jack takes Esper off the list for Saffron Gym and the gym becomes open. A day later, Matthew immediately applies for it with Dap going for the Cerulean Gym. Both in the Kanto League, Jack approves them both. All is fine but the one day a little while after Matthew gets the gym, Esper comes to me and states his case. Jack sees this and feels a need to talk with Matthew unfortunately Jack never had the time. Then the posts started about who gets the gyms... and you know the rest.

-You guys keep saying over and over again... "Esper left his gym on his own." That is wrong. I threw him out because he started over and didn't fill the requirement as stated in the rules. However, I shouldn't have done this.
-You also say... "How could you not know you didn't have to start over? It was listed everywhere." You can't tell him what he has read and what he didn't read. You weren't there watching him look at the temp forum, so you don't know. Never assume everyone reads everything all the time; I don't read everything at once.
-There will not be a battle for a gym. I would agree, as of now, Matthew would be a better defender of the gym but that applies 0% to this argument.
-FYI, Maikan Gym is open and it's all water *hint* Dap *hint*
-Unfair: duh! This situation is definately unfair for one or more of the parties. In the case now, Matthew and Esper. Someone will be hurt and they won't like it but it has to happen. Esper has gone through so much to get this gym, two arguments, this is fair for him? And Matthew, 'legally' getting the gym in it's down time then fighting to keep it from a returning leader--not fair. It would have been unfair for Dap, but it looks like that part has been solved. And unfair for me, 'cause I have to be the judgeman.

-Now it's time for a real reason for my outcome-
IT WAS MY FAULT!!! I took the gym from him without giving Esper the chance to get it back (mistake 1). It was not his fault he lost his stats from the forum being deleted. Maybe he did have his stats and thought we all had to start over since many others were doing it. All we have is Esper's word. But those do not matter. What matters is that I didn't give him a chance. I never even talked to him about the gym and the fact that he lost it when he started over (mistake 2). When Tony started over because she didn't have her stats, I let her have some time to reclaim the gym. Fortunately for her, she got her stats and there was no problem. The problem with Esper is I took the Gym away too fast, not even giving Esper a chance to get his stats(mistake 3). Technically, Matthew did 'legally' get the gym but the fact is, I should have never let it be open in the first place. My fault, I take the blame. You can argue this, you can argue that... it was a chaotic time and there were mistakes left and right: trying to find lost threads, figuring out who is still here and who has what positions. After a system crashes, it takes time to rebuild and we are all guilty of being impatient.
What I'm most interested in, is the fact that in the Want a Gym thread, I clearly stated that it was my fault and not once was that mentioned in this case. I found this very interesting.

My decision stands, Esper will get his gym back. Matthew says Dap can keep the Cerulean Gym, so be it. You can yell at me, you can yell at Esper or Matthew... whatever. This case is resolved. Matthew, I'm sorry about this but I messed up. Any more comments are to come directly to me via IM. No more threads on this issue.

*locked*

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 04-13-2004, 01:44 AM
flareon008 Offline

Send a message via AIM to flareon008 Send a message via Yahoo to flareon008

having fun lep? ^^

Doing everything with a flare.
Closed Thread