Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

View Poll Results: Obama or McCain?
McCain 10 52.63%
Obama 9 47.37%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:25 PM
DarkSuicuneKing Offline
Banned

Default McCain or Obama?

Who do you want to win ?

I want McCain
Old 08-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Dark Turtwig Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Dark Turtwig Send a message via MSN to Dark Turtwig
Default Re: McCain or Obama?

I don't think political things should be on a forum, but I want Obama to win. I mean, Bush is the WORST president America has ever had, and McCain, would'nt be if, any better. He would just keep this war going. Obama would do things to benefit the country, by ending the Iraq War. I mean, McCain would'nt be a horrible president, he just would'nt benefit the country too much. He is one of the better republicans, but Obama would be a better president. I may only be 13, but I have some political views.

{Steel Leader in the*Official* Pe2k Gyms} {Dark TurtwigxThe Politoed Hunter}
Old 08-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Rizaado Offline
Elite Trainer

McCain, I rather have someone else like Mitt Romney.

Anyway, I wouldn't want Obama, I don't care if he's been to 56 states with two more to go not including Hawaii and Alaska.

-Rizaado

P.S. For those who wonder why I said that^ go look it up on youtube. Obama was having an interveiw and he said that.

Banner made by Rizaado
Old 08-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Nirvash Offline

Send a message via AIM to Nirvash

This thread will explode. I'm going to watch it happen. ^______^
Old 08-19-2008, 09:40 PM
MaskedJackal Offline

Send a message via AIM to MaskedJackal Send a message via MSN to MaskedJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizaado View Post
Same here. We need an honest, common sense conservative in charge.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Caecity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Caecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeon View Post
This thread will explode. I'm going to watch it happen. ^______^
& Same here, -watches closely-

C a e c i t y -- The blindness {{of love.}}

JentleViolence, my p a i r.
Empoleonx2, my former s o u l.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Synester Offline

Send a message via AIM to Synester

Quote:

Anyway, I wouldn't want Obama, I don't care if he's been to 56 states with two more to go not including Hawaii and Alaska.

-Rizaado

P.S. For those who wonder why I said that^ go look it up on youtube. Obama was having an interveiw and he said that.
If you watched the whole thing live. You'd clearly hear state that it was joke. People now a days call it "pollitical humor."

Obama '08

Last edited by Synester; 08-19-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudkipboi View Post
I don't think political things should be on a forum, but I want Obama to win. I mean, Bush is the WORST president America has ever had, and McCain, would'nt be if, any better. He would just keep this war going. Obama would do things to benefit the country, by ending the Iraq War. I mean, McCain would'nt be a horrible president, he just would'nt benefit the country too much. He is one of the better republicans, but Obama would be a better president. I may only be 13, but I have some political views.
Bush was bad, I'll admit, but Andrew Jackson was clearly the worst. The guy was a murderer, and if he had done what he did during our time, we would be talking both impeachment and the death penalty.

As for me, I'm undecided. Let's wait until the presidential debates, and then we'll see.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

Quote:

-Rizaado

ATTENTION...

DO NOT BE ALARMED. YOU ARE ONLY BEING QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

lol =]

But yeah. That's about it, kidzzzz.

BRYCExKAT
Old 08-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Nitro

I seriously believe Micheal Jackson would be the best president for the U.S. :/
Old 08-20-2008, 01:07 AM
Rizaado Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
If you watched the whole thing live. You'd clearly hear state that it was joke. People now a days call it "pollitical humor."

Obama '08
So...are you saying the "Uh" count is a political joke too?

Look that up on youtube too.

Quote:
I bet the soldiers in Iraq right now would like to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunschkind View Post
Same here. We need an honest, common sense conservative in charge.
Nice to see other people like Mitt too.

Anyway, Claudio Sanchez for president!

Banner made by Rizaado

Last edited by Rizaado; 08-20-2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:22 AM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

I don't like either of them really. But my biased Republican says McCain.

Though, politics have never been my forte.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:38 AM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Too bad it's unfortunate I can't take any kid seriously regarding the subject of politics.

What a shocker.

~Isaiah

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 08-20-2008, 04:40 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Bush was bad, I'll admit, but Andrew Jackson was clearly the worst. The guy was a murderer, and if he had done what he did during our time, we would be talking both impeachment and the death penalty.

As for me, I'm undecided. Let's wait until the presidential debates, and then we'll see.
^ For the win.

Obama seemed great at first- very optomistic, seemed honest, etc. I'm a libertarian, but I was going to vote for him until some... Stuff came up. =\ The obviously forged birth certificate, his donations of $20,000 a year to a racist lunatic of a preacher, etc etc. Not to mention his book. His mother raised him, but he claims that she never really felt like his family because she's white? Um, racism much? His father LEFT, yet he still identifies with him more than his mother over color. ._.; He praises his absent father but ignores the mother who cared for and raised him. That's just crappy.

Mccain's hardly perfect, but I still think he'd be a better president. And the idealistic idea to 'just leave' Iraq? No. Noooo. Have we all missed the news about the finds of mass graves of over 1 MILLION kurds? Y'know... Ethnic cleansing that's being totally ignored? Hell, even Darfur was worth a few hundred of those little trendy green bracelets, so why are the poor Kurdish people being killed without recieving aid? Not to mention our responsibliity to rebuild what we tore down, AND the need to properly dispose of (read: NOT sell to Canada and then leave sitting in the open) the enormous amount of nuclear material we found in Iraq.

If only there was a candidate with logical stances on all the issues... Finish the damn war properly, lower taxes by being more efficient with government money, deal with corruption, stop interfering with people's lives beyond what government SHOULD do- provide defense, schooling, and other basics, not regulate the damn size of signs in shop windows and other ridiculous stuff, or require permits to build a 3 foot high fence in one's own yard... And stop infringing on the right to bear arms.

While we're at it, let's subsidize the companies making hydrogen cars in southern cali, which have had amazing test results so far. If we can get those going and affordable, no more dependence on oil.

Yeah.... In my dreams.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:42 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Quote:
Obama would do things to benefit the country, by ending the Iraq War. I mean, McCain would'nt be a horrible president, he just would'nt benefit the country too much. He is one of the better republicans, but Obama would be a better president.
Last time I checked, Obama says that the military should either control Iraq and work against Al Qaida more. I don't remember him saying anything about committing to withdraw forces. McCain on the other hand says that he'll do everything he can to restore democracy- even if it takes a hundred years.

I'm supporting McCain. In addition, we have a person who knows what he's doing- Finance, Democracy, and an anti terrorism model. Obama seems to have no clue about any of the above.