Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:36 PM
linsper23 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: What do you think of this idea for Pokemon live action movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit Umbreon View Post
It more than likely would not work out... considering what people said about recieving the creator's permission. And, it wouldn't be that great. Actually, I think it would be hilarious, but that's another story.
It would be hilarious if done terribly wrong. People would most likely make fun of it and laugh at the terrible CGI. That's why it's important to have people know what they're doing. You don't want someone who doesn't know what a thunderbolt is...but yeah, I agree it would be badly funny done incorrectly. It would definitely ruin the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyi View Post
Pokemon Live action to release and produce in japan has 80-90% possiblity since pokemon there is still on top.. while in USA, duh... 50% posibility since many american thought Pokemon is Gay!

Huh.. I hate when they refer Pokemon as Gay! LOL
I hate that too. It's usually the people who watched Pokemon as a kid and then decided to stop watching it. Eventually, they develop a sudden hatred for it because it's the cool thing to do. Pshh...it's offensive to gay people too. I'd rather hear Pokemon is stupid...even give valid reasons why. : /

Last edited by linsper23; 07-26-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:54 AM
Also Offline
Amateur Trainer

It's alright but how about this?

As Ash and co. travel throughout the region they encounter Suicune but it has a strange black aura now. It's been infected by the Shadows and it has turned evil so it turns towards Ash and co. It attacks them and engages in battle. Suicune wins and takes them to a different dimmension called the Dark Void. There they meet up with a new Pokemon named "Omena" who can infect Pokemon with the Shadows and turn them to it's minion. Ash makes his escape with his Pikachu while Dawn and Brock are infected. Now Ash and Pikachu must find a way to stop Omena as well as his Shadow army. It could have Max who returns as a Pokemon Trainer and Mewtwo who's out to prove that it's the strongest.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Also View Post
It's alright but how about this?

As Ash and co. travel throughout the region they encounter Suicune but it has a strange black aura now. It's been infected by the Shadows and it has turned evil so it turns towards Ash and co. It attacks them and engages in battle. Suicune wins and takes them to a different dimmension called the Dark Void. There they meet up with a new Pokemon named "Omena" who can infect Pokemon with the Shadows and turn them to it's minion. Ash makes his escape with his Pikachu while Dawn and Brock are infected. Now Ash and Pikachu must find a way to stop Omena as well as his Shadow army. It could have Max who returns as a Pokemon Trainer and Mewtwo who's out to prove that it's the strongest.
She made it very clear that she doesn't want it to involve the characters from the anime.

I do agree, if they were to make live action Pokemon of any sort, be it a television show or a movie, it would be made in Japan. Because see that's how it works. Pokemon is owned by a bunch of Japanese people and they have first rights to pretty much anything with the Pokemon label.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Also Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveeking929 View Post
She made it very clear that she doesn't want it to involve the characters from the anime.

I do agree, if they were to make live action Pokemon of any sort, be it a television show or a movie, it would be made in Japan. Because see that's how it works. Pokemon is owned by a bunch of Japanese people and they have first rights to pretty much anything with the Pokemon label.
I know that, I was just giving my opinion on a Pokemon movie.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:27 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

The idea isn't too bad, but it will take a lot of money, plus time (legal issues, contracts, actors...The works). It isn't impossible, just unlikely that one will be made. Pokemon is known as an anime, not a live action movie. And yes, bad animation can make you laugh or cry, or just plain freak you out (as the Ben 10 movies did).

A pokemon live action movie is less likely than Sonic getting his own animated movie X.x As it is, pokemon has never really been used in a CG environment, aside from the pokemon battling games that usually don't have a plotline.

If it had been, the chances would be improved for a CG movie, but not a live action movie. Some things just aren't meant for mingling with humans, or if they are, they have to be done CORRECTLY *Pokes Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 game* i.e., making the creatures the right height.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:20 PM
fusion376 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
The idea isn't too bad, but it will take a lot of money, plus time (legal issues, contracts, actors...The works). It isn't impossible, just unlikely that one will be made. Pokemon is known as an anime, not a live action movie. And yes, bad animation can make you laugh or cry, or just plain freak you out (as the Ben 10 movies did).

A pokemon live action movie is less likely than Sonic getting his own animated movie X.x As it is, pokemon has never really been used in a CG environment, aside from the pokemon battling games that usually don't have a plotline.

If it had been, the chances would be improved for a CG movie, but not a live action movie. Some things just aren't meant for mingling with humans, or if they are, they have to be done CORRECTLY *Pokes Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 game* i.e., making the creatures the right height.
It would be good if we 'll get the chance to watch live action movie of Pokemon but i think it needs lots of time.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:18 PM
SBaby Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master View Post
For one thing, this is a KID'S show, for KIDS, and I know lots of people who wouldn't let their kids see a PG-13 movie (my parents included T-T) even if WAS a pokemon movie.
I'm pretty sure that any live-action Pokemon movie would be rated PG-13, just for the 'violence' and 'suggestive themes' (the FCC wouldn't allow it to be otherwise).

It would be interesting to see a live-action Pokemon series though. But for some reason, I think of Tokusatsu whenever I read topics like this.

http://www.videogamevoters.org/

Does SatAM even NEED an introduction?

Last edited by SBaby; 08-18-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:53 PM
pokemonlover103:D Offline
Experienced Trainer

wasn't there an "attempted" pokemon play?

i remember seeing a picture and all the pokemon were puppets.

but since computer graphics have developed alot, it wouldn't be that ridiculous.

and who cares if its rated PG-13, wait until it is out on DVD, and you're old enough.

bt the way, are you aware that PG-13 means parental guidence, OR be 13?

overall i think it would be a great movie, PG-13 or not.