Weekly Smackdown *Spoilers*
Welcome to Weekly Smackdown, With Avinash. Every Friday afternoon, I will post a FULL Preview of whats going to happen on Smackdown that night. I will also give you my opinion on whats happening in the WWE and, updates on upcoming Pay-Per-Views. Check this post every week. The most interesting part of Smackdown will be in bold (my opinion.)
Everyone in free to comment, suggest and/or discuss whats happening in the WWE. I will be adding the ratings after the show to this very post.
SMACKDOWN (07/25/08) *SPOILER*
- Ron Killings WIN ov. Shamus O'Shaunessy
Killings got the win with an axe kick.
WWE SmackDown: (Airing 07/25/08)
- SmackDown starts with MVP's Lounge. His guest is Jeff Hardy who receives a huge pop. MVP runs down Jeff Hardy's troubles -- the suspension, losing the Intercontiental Championship, his house fire, losing his dog. They then call Dr. Phil... Dr. Phil comes on the line and blames Jeff for being reckless and not caring about his career.
Jeff finally has enough of the trash talk and pushes MVP through the ropes and out of the ring. MVP goes to the back. Jeff walks up the ramp, pauses at the top as the fans applaud. He raises his arms and salutes.
- A biggest part of the summer battle royal is announced for later tonight. It will determine the number one contender for Triple H's WWE Championship at SummerSlam.
The Battle Royal participants are: Ken Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, MVP, Big Show, Umaga, and The Great Khali.
- Shelton Benjamin b. Jimmy Wang Yang
Shelton draws a lot of heat from the fans. Benjamin dominates throughout and hits an "indescribable" finisher.
- Festus b. Curt Hawkins
Festus dominated throughout. After the match, Hawkins and Ryder attacked Festus.
- Vladimir Kozlov b. Stevie Richards
Kozlov takes out Richards with a shoulder block and then a heatbutt for the win. After the match Kozlov says something to Jim Ross and Mick Foley that the live audience cannot hear.
- The Great Khali b. Ken Kennedy, Jeff Hardy, MVP, Big Show, and Umaga to win the battle royal.
MVP is eliminated first. Big Show eliminates Umaga and then Kennedy. Khali vs. Big Show as Hardy slumps in the corner. Umaga comes back in and hits Big Show with the thumb. The ref orders him to the back. Kennedy is eliminated by the Big Show. Big Show is then eliminated by Jeff Hardy. The Great Khali gets the win by eliminating Jeff Hardy. Runjin Singh returns. Triple H comes out to confront Khali.
- A Ron Killings promo airs. He will be coming to SmackDown soon.
- Michelle McCool b. Maryse
McCool won by getting Maryse to tap in her leg submission.
- Maria will be debuting on SmackDown next week.
- Brian Kendrick b. Shannon Moore
Kendrick comes out with Ezekiel and cuts a promo. Moore is initially over matched by the hyper aggressive Kendrick. Moore is distracted by Ezekiel. Kendrick hits a reverse backwards bulldog-type move for the win.
- Up next is Edge's public apology to Vickie. He comes out to the ring and calls out Vickie. She is wheeled out by Chavo. Vickie hugs Edge and tells him she forgives him. She then says that hell hatch no fury like a woman scorn. She tells Edge she has reinstated the Undertaker and that he will face him at SummerSlam in a Hell in a Cell match. She then announces that Edge will face Triple H right now in a Philadelphia Street Fight. This will more-than-likely be a dark match.
- Edge gets on the mic and says that no matter what he gets thrown into, he still loves Vickie.
- Triple H b. Edge in a Philadelphia Street Fight to retain the WWE Championship.
Triple H starts out fast by smashing Edge's head into the announcers table. Edge reverses and throws Triple H into the ring steps. Another reversal as Triple H smashes Edge into the announcers table. He whips Edge into Jim Ross. Back in the ring, Triple H brings in a sledgehammer. Edge blocks the sledgehammer and knocks Triple H to the mat. He gets two chairs and sets up the concerto. Triple H gets out of the way and hits Edge in the face with the sledgehammer and pins him for the win.
After Triple H leaves to the rousing applause, Edge scrambles unsteadily to his feet. He proclaims his love for his baby Vickie no matter what. He stumbles to the back with the referees help. '
WWE TALK (For week of July 20th, 2008)
In my opinion, I really feel that Edge deserves Punishement from Vickie, and everyone that he CONTINOUSLY lied to. Punishment is something that Edge has been deprived of for almost his entire career. He's put MANY superstars through endless hell, most recently The Undertaker. But now, Edge is getting the entire serving in one night, at Summerslam. He will finally be facing The Undertaker in a Hell in a cell match at Summerslam. I think that this makes them equal, Edge got his specialty, the TLC match. And now The Undertaker is able to fight edge in his yard. I really hope that nothing predictible happens (ex. Edge makes up with Vickie, The Edgeheads screw Taker, Vickie changes the match, etc;). I doubt that will heppen though. The Philadelphia Street Fight sounds absolutely amazing and I can't wait to see it, if it isn't a Dark Match. I'm sorta hoping that Edges torture continues, cause its actually becoming amusing! The battle royal sounds fantastic too, although I would have never expected The Great Khali to win it. I would really hate to see H lose his championship to Khali. Mainly because I havent seen anything great out of Khali recently (except for "Get Smart"). Khali will really need to step up if he want to win and retain the WWE Championship.
Ps. Rating to be added post-Smackdown.