Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 02:38 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi
Default Re: The Truth

The Unity thing is only true because all of the Bible books are set in the same continuity. The things that you mentioned (besides Harry Potter, which would fit with your Bible example, actually) are not all in the same continuity, so of course they're not going to make sense together. Now, if you take a look at something with an incredibly established, and tight continuity, let's say, the first chapter of the Iliad and Odyssey. Same thing works.

Oh, and the Koran, Torah, and the OTIII Papers all have the same things that you described about the Bible, except they're not the most sold book ever.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:58 AM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust View Post
The Unity thing is only true because all of the Bible books are set in the same continuity. The things that you mentioned (besides Harry Potter, which would fit with your Bible example, actually) are not all in the same continuity, so of course they're not going to make sense together. Now, if you take a look at something with an incredibly established, and tight continuity, let's say, the first chapter of the Iliad and Odyssey. Same thing works.

Oh, and the Koran, Torah, and the OTIII Papers all have the same things that you described about the Bible, except they're not the most sold book ever.
If you mean the 'true tihngs before their time"... The Torah said 'em first. ;p

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:59 AM
SaMaster14 Offline

Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
If you mean the 'true tihngs before their time"... The Torah said 'em first. ;p
agreed! lol.

Glad to see another Jewish person on the forum! :)

As I said before, this thread seemed like a "hey I want to convert you" thread, and it didn't really work out. XD

I think this should all be movied in the "Your idea of Religion" thread or whatever its called.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:34 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I think this should all be movied in the "Your idea of Religion" thread or whatever its called.
Here's the Link.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Closed Thread