Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Poring Offline

Send a message via AIM to Poring
Default Re: Cock Fights: Right or Wrong?

It's just more entertaining to watch. I'm not trying to sound cruel, but the suspense of your money being at risk while two roosters kill each other is a lot more exciting then rolling dice. I told you, they just don't think that using the roosters in that way is wrong. It's kind of comparable to slavery in the past. Americans just thought that blacks didn't have the same rights as whites. For some, it wasn't their fault, because they were taught to think that.

Don't use "legal" or "illegal" unless we're talking about only the United States. It's legal in many other countries. In the Philippines, it's a huge sport, so it's probably much easier and cheaper to participate in a cockfight.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

If cockfights are wrong because they humiliate animals and promote violence, then similarly rodeos are wrong and boxing is wrong.

Mind you, I don't really support it, it's just funny how we can yell at other countries for allowing that when we let bulls become agitated and then ridden with a spur imbedded in them and let humans beat each other to a bloody pulp.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
If cockfights are wrong because they humiliate animals and promote violence, then similarly rodeos are wrong and boxing is wrong.

Mind you, I don't really support it, it's just funny how we can yell at other countries for allowing that when we let bulls become agitated and then ridden with a spur imbedded in them and let humans beat each other to a bloody pulp.
lol.

Anyway, I am split 50/50.. In a way, I think cockfighting is bad.. but I like the sheer risk of chances... For example, I could bet cockerel A would win... and I would start sweating or my heartbeat would dramatically increase if Cockerel B started winning.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:43 PM
gun6 Offline

Send a message via AIM to gun6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post

Actually, boxing wouldn't be wrong because the competitors have a choice, whereas the animals are forced.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:20 AM
-Felix- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to -Felix-

As if there isn't already enough animal cruelty in the world. No animal should be forced to fight.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:23 AM
faceplant527 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to faceplant527 Send a message via Yahoo to faceplant527

cock fights right or wrong

how about just stupid lol. hey lets bet. my chicken can beat your chicken lol. ppl are dumb!!!!!!!!!

| Links | RIP Ryan |

マンチェスターユナイテッド

Old 07-15-2008, 04:46 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Wrong, wrong, and... WRONG. Who would actually be DUMB enough to say that? Putting two humans in a cage is different. Putting two animals in a cage is something else.

[TheSorrowOfPE2K]
Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 AM
earth_type_rule Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert the War Lord View Post
I personally think cock fights are wrong and evil and just another way of telling the world that animals suck.
Dude, wtf is it with you and cocks these days. Just buy a cock if you don't have one.

Anyway, I agree that it's wrong. Just chop his head off for the slaughter and end his life quickly :/