Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:16 AM
faceplant527 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to faceplant527 Send a message via Yahoo to faceplant527
Default Re: Abortion? Right or wrong?

abortion is wrong dude. its life. but i do believe that there are way too many ppl in the world. but dude just wear a condom and dont be stupid. if everyone could just do all the things write then thats fine.but its alive and killin is wrong. if you did something stupid then its your fault!!!

| Links | RIP Ryan |

マンチェスターユナイテッド

Old 07-13-2008, 04:20 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

I am with Wandering Mew. But think about this. When you dont have a kid, you miss out on so much! You dont get to see their first steps, their first words, their first day at schools, graduation day, or see them get a first job! All you get to do is feel it's brain being sucked out before it's even out of you! Waste a life filled with future joy and happiness just becuase you dont want your own flesh and blood! Think about it! You may wish that you didnt, but you did and you cant change that.
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Sight of the Stars; 07-13-2008 at 04:25 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:22 AM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Some people do use condoms and they do bust sometimes dude. Some people are just not ready to face a baby in there life and yes it is taking away a life but would rather the baby be misserable and sick and unfead?
Old 07-13-2008, 04:28 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

That is why there are places where they can be adopted!
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 07-13-2008, 04:38 AM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy

Abortion should be a choice. :/ Free rights and all. And women are the ones that bear the brunt of the pregnancy, not the men. Most of the crap goes to the women, with hormones, and sometimes outside stress, and also all sorts of screwed up stuff with the body. And the women have to put up with it for three-quarters of the year. How does that not suck? If they don't want the baby, then don't force them. :/

As for those people who think that women who get raped should keep the baby should get a nail driven in their head. Not everyone is so noble and courageous to be able to do something like that. Rape inflicts quite a lot of psychological damage, especially to virgins/teenagers, and it takes an enormous strength of will to get over that. Keeping the baby also requires another great feat of mental strength. I'm willing to bet that only one in a million pregnancies derived from rape are actually fulfilled (i.e. baby is born), and an even smaller percentage that the baby is well taken care of.

As for those teenage idiots that go on flings or whatever and get themselves pregnant, everyone makes mistakes. Everyone deserves a second chance. Why the hell do you think people keep campaigning for no death sentence (even though I'm personally for it all the way)? So they can stay in jail and maybe come out a better person. Give them the abortion, but I dunno, maybe after the third time or so they could get refused it.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader
Old 07-13-2008, 06:10 AM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonKnowItAllVanessa View Post
I am with Wandering Mew. But think about this. When you dont have a kid, you miss out on so much! You dont get to see their first steps, their first words, their first day at schools, graduation day, or see them get a first job! All you get to do is feel it's brain being sucked out before it's even out of you! Waste a life filled with future joy and happiness just becuase you dont want your own flesh and blood! Think about it! You may wish that you didnt, but you did and you cant change that.
Just because a woman gets an abortion doesn't mean she'll never have a child: it means she won't have one right now. I'd rather wait and have a child when I'm read than have one when I'm not.

As far as adoption goes, I'd hate to have a baby and not be able to raise it myself. And yes, I'd prefer abortion to that. When you have an abortion, you lose a zygote or young fetus. It's less real to you at that point. If you have a baby, hold it in your arms, and then are forced to give it to an orphanage where some random couple /might/ adopt it, that would be emotionally traumatizing for many women.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:23 AM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus

Well, not from a political standpoint, I believe abortion's wrong. There's adoption if you or your family can't or won't support the child. But I fail to believe how you could just deny someone a chance a life like that.

But we do have different opinions as humans so I guess, as a political standpoint, it shouldn't be outlawed.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:36 AM
Rizaado Offline
Elite Trainer

I'm nuetral on this. It is the mothers choice. If I was a girl I personally wouldn't do it unless I got raped or something. But anyway, I personally don't like it but I say it shouldn't be illegal. I don't suport a lot of thing (i.e. drugs, alcohol) but I wouldn't try to make it illegal because it would cause to many problems.

Banner made by Rizaado
Old 07-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Flygon Ruler Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Your right. The mom will also miss the miserable birth process, the possible C-section, the chance of a mental baby, the drop out from collage/high school, the chance of getting broke because you have to pay from insurance, food, and clothes. Its alot to miss out. Darn...I wish I was mom, that all sounds like so much fun...-_-

You can use Condomns and still get pregnant. Its just plastic. They can break.

FC: 4425-2653-4349

~Current VPP~

Done:1144

Old 07-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

Quote:
So, the girl has to deal with it for nine months? And the baby will soon learn that it was abandoned by its parents...wouldn't that be cruel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Skarmory View Post
Well, not from a political standpoint, I believe abortion's wrong. There's adoption if you or your family can't or won't support the child. But I fail to believe how you could just deny someone a chance a life like that.

But we do have different opinions as humans so I guess, as a political standpoint, it shouldn't be outlawed.
So basically, the girl has to deal with the mental and psychological problems of having to deal with it for several weeks. Of course guys would say that...after all, they don't have a single inkling of the experience, do they?
Old 07-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Flygon Ruler Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Norman View Post
Of course guys would say that...after all, they don't have a single inkling of the experience, do they?
And you do? You've been pregnant?

That is incredibly sexist. You can know what your talking about without having experience. Like, I know about going to space, but I've been to space.

Just pointing it out. Sorry for going off topic.

FC: 4425-2653-4349

~Current VPP~

Done:1144

Old 07-13-2008, 11:14 AM
earth_type_rule Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

It is correct if you were raped.

It is not if you forgot your condom. Own fault, now you'll have to deal with a baby.

Simply said. Though, you cannot say if it is right or wrong. Either you kill your baby right away, or let it rot in a room without water and food. I'd prefer the fast option.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:16 PM
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost

First of all, the title of this thread is idiotic. It should probably say, "Are you pro-choice or pro-life?" No one is gung-ho about abortion, after all--what concerns us is whether or not someone has a choice, not whether or not women want to kill and eat their babies, er whatever you pro-lifers believe. (You can never be too sure. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
$10 will buy you a pack of condoms. If you can't afford condoms, you can't afford a baby, and therefore you can't afford sex.
Not exactly solid reasoning. Condoms can break, even when used properly.

Quote:
Again, if it was rape, it wasn't her choice, but it becomes her choice whether to make the best of the situation or to kill the child.
lol @ making the best of rape!

Quote:
Remember, under the circumstances of rape, the child isn't asking for life any more than you're asking for the child.
Nor is the mother asking to have a man force himself on her.

Quote:
And in the case of accidental pregnancy, abortion is unfair to the partner who may want the child. It's 50% the man's, 50% the woman's. The woman being the childbearer is just life; in almost every scenario, the man wishes he could share in the pleasure and pain of child bearing. So don't say it's just the woman's choice.
...But you just said that "during pregnancy, no matter what the cause, the womans body is no longer her body, it's her child's body, and it's her duty to protect herself and take care of herself, thus taking care of the child who is dependant on her body for 9 months." Why not divvy it up into 33%-33%-33% between mom, dad, and child? Ya know, ask the baby what it thinks? ::l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
Birth control can fail; I was the result of a broken condom. Abstinence is the only sure way to prevent pregnancy, kids!

I believe that a woman has the right to choose what to do with her body. That is all.
I ROFLed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffreys-Darkness View Post

Of course, there are souls that matter more than another, for example, an innocent child's soul has more value than that of a murderer's.
What right do YOU have to decide if one person's soul matters more than anothers? I thought that was up to God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC View Post
Everyone knows the only animal that's soul matters is a humans.
lol! ... Oh, you were being serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceplant527 View Post
abortion is wrong dude. its life. but i do believe that there are way too many ppl in the world.
THAT'S why you'd consider being pro-choice?

Quote:
but dude just wear a condom and dont be stupid. if everyone could just do all the things write then thats fine.but its alive and killin is wrong. if you did something stupid then its your fault!!!
Condoms can break, even when used properly.

Quote:
Really? It's unlikely that a single (teenage) mother would be able to afford to take good care of her child. And no one gets an abortion because they "don't want their own flesh and blood!" They usually do it because they're not mentally/financially/physically fit enough to raise a child.

Quote:
Adoption is messier and more complicated than you're willing to acknowledge--along with the rest of the people here that suggested it as the "simple, obvious" solution. It is indeed a better solution, but it's a decision that must be well thought out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth_type_rule View Post
It is not if you forgot your condom. Own fault, now you'll have to deal with a baby.

Simply said. Though, you cannot say if it is right or wrong. Either you kill your baby right away, or let it rot in a room without water and food. I'd prefer the fast option.
Condoms can break, even when used properly.

Oh, sorry. Did I say that three times? Maybe the problem in all this is that no one understands that birth control is fallible. "Just use a condom, just put the baby up for adoption, just deal with rape, just get an abortion, just raise the child yourself." It's not that simple--you guys should probably think before you use the above statements (which are extremely offensive, by the way, especially if your reasoning isn't given or doesn't make any sense). Abortion is a complicated issue--it's not a logic proof. Thanks, though.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkipraggy View Post
Abortion should be a choice. :/ Free rights and all. And women are the ones that bear the brunt of the pregnancy, not the men. Most of the crap goes to the women, with hormones, and sometimes outside stress, and also all sorts of screwed up stuff with the body. And the women have to put up with it for three-quarters of the year. How does that not suck? If they don't want the baby, then don't force them. :/

As for those people who think that women who get raped should keep the baby should get a nail driven in their head. Not everyone is so noble and courageous to be able to do something like that. Rape inflicts quite a lot of psychological damage, especially to virgins/teenagers, and it takes an enormous strength of will to get over that. Keeping the baby also requires another great feat of mental strength. I'm willing to bet that only one in a million pregnancies derived from rape are actually fulfilled (i.e. baby is born), and an even smaller percentage that the baby is well taken care of.

As for those teenage idiots that go on flings or whatever and get themselves pregnant, everyone makes mistakes. Everyone deserves a second chance. Why the hell do you think people keep campaigning for no death sentence (even though I'm personally for it all the way)? So they can stay in jail and maybe come out a better person. Give them the abortion, but I dunno, maybe after the third time or so they could get refused it.
^^ A choice of being an American. Also the Rape part just adds on to my point of view that abortion is right.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:09 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygon Ruler View Post
And you do? You've been pregnant?

That is incredibly sexist. You can know what your talking about without having experience. Like, I know about going to space, but I've been to space.

Just pointing it out. Sorry for going off topic.
No. You can't.
It's not sexist. It's REASONABLE. I don't think barren women should get a say in abortion either, kthx.

If you never have to deal with the risk of pregnancy- the associated health risks, risk of parents disowning you, etc etc- then you don't get a say in what can be done about it. It's not your body that's being affected by this, so you should not get a say.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.