Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Rage12 Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Leotic Region(comments and critiques needed badly)

Leotic Region- The Leotic Region was discovered by the famous trainer Ash Ketchum. With his fame and connections, he was able to get construction workers over to the barron region and begin building. They managed to do this without destroying any forests, because there were new species of Pokemon to be discovered there. Soon enough, there were eight cities and five towns in the region, and Gyms being held in cities, with Pokemon Contests being held in towns. A year after the region was finished, Ash moved his mom there and started another family. Afterawards, he began advertising the region in the other four major regions. Soon enough a group of Pokemon trailers sailed over to begin another journey. Later on, adults began migrating to Leotic because of its structures. After only a a year, Leotic was booming, and thanks to Grass Pokemon, plants were growing. Leotic quickly became the most beautiful region out of five. Leotic has a large reputation, as well as strong Gym Leaders, who stop at nothing to win. Winning in this region will really prove your worth as a Pokemon Trainer.

Leotic Region Pokedex
001-Leaficub
002-Leafipup
003-Leafiwolf
004-Elefish
005-Elegill
006-Elefin
007-Cerberflare
008-Cerbaspew
009-Cerbachar

Click it if you want to read

Last edited by Rage12; 06-22-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:34 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars
Default Re: Leotic Region-Where Pokemon and Demons Collide(comments and critiques needed badl

Faded, but still pretty cool! Keep it up!

Last edited by Sight of the Stars; 06-13-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:06 AM
Azurai Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Azurai Wolf
Default Re: Leotic Region-Where Pokemon and Demons Collide(comments and critiques needed badl

They look really cool!
Although, don't Leaficub and Leafipup look like the same thing?
Old 06-13-2008, 03:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Well, kinda. But I did notice that Leafipup did look bigger and stronger.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Rage12 Offline
Elite Trainer

Leotic Region Pokedex Upgraded.

So the grass and water starters are up, now I just need the fire starter.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:30 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

As said, Leaficub and Leafipub look the same.

Also, there are five regions (not counting yours). You forgot Orre.

And who did Ash start a family with. O_o
Old 06-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Rage12 Offline
Elite Trainer

You know, Pidgey, Pidgeoto, and Pidgeot basically all have t he same design. They just get bigger basically. Besides the thing on their heads. So I don't see why they can't look the same. Also, Leafipup is bigger.

I never played the game that had Orre in it, and I never heard it being mentioned so I never really thought of it to really exist.

Actually, I haven't decided who exactly he started a family with, but thanks for commenting.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Dragonair_blizzard Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Dragonair_blizzard

Orre is the place where Pokemon Ranger is.

Good but maybe Leafipup could have like, fangs coming out the front like Sabarian Tiger.(This could work for Leafiwolf) And maybe have vines on its body? These are just suggestions.

Now the water Pokemon. Maybe fins/flippers on the legs? Maybe they could have seaweed/corals?

Well, anyway, I'll come back every now and then to check on this. Great drawing and imagination.

Links
Credit to Zapdogre for the av and Palkiaperson for sig.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Ranma Send a message via MSN to Ranma Send a message via Yahoo to Ranma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage12 View Post
You know, Pidgey, Pidgeoto, and Pidgeot basically all have t he same design. They just get bigger basically. Besides the thing on their heads. So I don't see why they can't look the same. Also, Leafipup is bigger.

I never played the game that had Orre in it, and I never heard it being mentioned so I never really thought of it to really exist.

Actually, I haven't decided who exactly he started a family with, but thanks for commenting.
Yeah, but in my opinion, a starter pokemon, being one of the most important, should at least have some more differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonair_blizzard View Post
Orre is the place where Pokemon Ranger is.

Good but maybe Leafipup could have like, fangs coming out the front like Sabarian Tiger.(This could work for Leafiwolf) And maybe have vines on its body? These are just suggestions.

Now the water Pokemon. Maybe fins/flippers on the legs? Maybe they could have seaweed/corals?

Well, anyway, I'll come back every now and then to check on this. Great drawing and imagination.
Wrong. Pokemon Ranger is Fiorre. Orre is from Colloseum and XD.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:02 AM

Thumbs up Re: Leotic Region-Where Pokemon and Demons Collide(comments and critiques needed badl

Sweet
Old 06-15-2008, 01:19 AM
Rage12 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC View Post
Yeah, but in my opinion, a starter pokemon, being one of the most important, should at least have some more differences.
That's probably true though, but since I can't draw the same thing twice, I probably won't waste time drawing it again. I might eventually though.

I'll try to add more designs in on the other Pokemon though. So thanks for those who critiqued a little.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:29 AM
Sadistic Blaziken Offline
Master Trainer

Er... The three grass wolves are about the same thing except for the face, paws, and tail, really, but I like them. I suggest giving the water elephants a more... er... creative style. All the starters really look like now is laziness with some redeeming qualities. I also suggest changing the names of the starters. The names aren't creative as they are; they seem like the kind of fake Pokemon names people make up before the English release of a new game. (In other words: HORRIBLE AND PATHETIC ATTEMPTS AT NAMES.) The names also seem too similar, and the water elephant's final stage sounds like a name someone would laugh at if it were called out. (Wow, I can be harsher than I thought... *sweatdrop*)
...This is a very good question, as I have many siblings.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:53 AM
Rage12 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadistic Blaziken View Post
Er... The three grass wolves are about the same thing except for the face, paws, and tail, really, but I like them. I suggest giving the water elephants a more... er... creative style. All the starters really look like now is laziness with some redeeming qualities. I also suggest changing the names of the starters. The names aren't creative as they are; they seem like the kind of fake Pokemon names people make up before the English release of a new game. (In other words: HORRIBLE AND PATHETIC ATTEMPTS AT NAMES.) The names also seem too similar, and the water elephant's final stage sounds like a name someone would laugh at if it were called out. (Wow, I can be harsher than I thought... *sweatdrop*)

Wow, way to lower someone's self-esteem. I'm not good at names anyways. I'm also suprised that all the Pokemon came out the same, considering I can't draw the same thing twice. Then again, when I started drawing I called every character I drew Jin-Ex because I couldn't come up with any names. I guess I'm not suprised much, but that post might just make me give up Fakemon all together and stick to humans.

Most Pokemon names, even real ones, are the same. Most have the same name in the evolution, just with a different word in front of it, or behind it. Granted they might sound more creative, but their names don't have much thought to them either. Also, most Pokemon evolutions look the same, except with one gigantic difference, and I guess I don't have one so people say they look the same. So I guess I should spend a little more time on the names, and add one gigantic difference to each evolution. Thanks for the critique anyways, I guess.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Ranma Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage12 View Post
Wow, way to lower someone's self-esteem. I'm not good at names anyways. I'm also suprised that all the Pokemon came out the same, considering I can't draw the same thing twice. Then again, when I started drawing I called every character I drew Jin-Ex because I couldn't come up with any names. I guess I'm not suprised much, but that post might just make me give up Fakemon all together and stick to humans.

Most Pokemon names, even real ones, are the same. Most have the same name in the evolution, just with a different word in front of it, or behind it. Granted they might sound more creative, but their names don't have much thought to them either. Also, most Pokemon evolutions look the same, except with one gigantic difference, and I guess I don't have one so people say they look the same. So I guess I should spend a little more time on the names, and add one gigantic difference to each evolution. Thanks for the critique anyways, I guess.
For the names being the same, that pretty much stopped after the first generation...
Old 06-15-2008, 01:58 PM
espeonlover Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC View Post
For the names being the same, that pretty much stopped after the first generation...
Whats were i Disagree.

Meditate Evelves into MEdicham, which is basicly teh same name.
and same with Mime Jr and Mr Mime.
And with Munchlax / Snorlax.
Porygon
Porygon2
PorygonZ

Etc

Signature broked, No peeking!