Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Frozen_in_Time Offline

Default Why don't people like goth's and emo's?

I mean really, they are just human beings and I don't get why everyone is like, "Oh, look it's a goth!" and, "Eww, an emo, run!"
I mean, really, get a life, guys!
Thoughts and opinions?
Old 06-08-2008, 04:58 PM
RichL23 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RichL23 Send a message via MSN to RichL23
Default Re: Why don't people like goth's and emo's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
I mean really, they are just human beings and I don't get why everyone is like, "Oh, look it's a goth!" and, "Eww, an emo, run!"
I mean, really, get a life, guys!
Thoughts and opinions?
Hrrm.. I'm not a Goth or an Emo, yet I'm definately not one of those people in your quotes. I have a mixed group of friends, including a few Goths and Emos. Admittedly, I get some stick from my friends because I hang around with Emo's and Goths aswell as them, but to be honest I don't care and I don't really judge people on how they look or act. To be honest though, since I left school last september all that "Oh look, it's a goth.. Eww." Stuff has kind of eradicated itself. But yeah, as you say they are just normal people and so I've always treated them that way.. Phew..

Pearl FC - 1332 8745 1876

Old 06-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Frozen_in_Time Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL23 View Post
Hrrm.. I'm not a Goth or an Emo, yet I'm definately not one of those people in your quotes. I have a mixed group of friends, including a few Goths and Emos. Admittedly, I get some stick from my friends because I hang around with Emo's and Goths aswell as them, but to be honest I don't care and I don't really judge people on how they look or act. To be honest though, since I left school last september all that "Oh look, it's a goth.. Eww." Stuff has kind of eradicated itself. But yeah, as you say they are just normal people and so I've always treated them that way.. Phew..
:P nice one! I am ... part goth, but not really that much, I like black and suddenly I am a goth at school!
I mean those kind of people, not -nice- people like -you- :P
Old 06-08-2008, 05:05 PM
RichL23 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
:P nice one! I am ... part goth, but not really that much, I like black and suddenly I am a goth at school!
I mean those kind of people, not -nice- people like -you- :P
Hey thanks. I guess I am pretty nice (LOL!) ..But yeah, I never looked down on Goths or Emos as alot of people in my school did.. And to be honest, I never really saw why anyone looked down on them in the first place. Alot of the goths/emos I knew were alot better people than those that were in the "In" crowd.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Frozen_in_Time Offline

Quote:
Hey thanks. I guess I am pretty nice (LOL!) ..But yeah, I never looked down on Goths or Emos as alot of people in my school did.. And to be honest, I never really saw why anyone looked down on them in the first place. Alot of the goths/emos I knew were alot better people than those that were in the "In" crowd.
Errr... a>space<lot :]
Yeah, I always wondered when I was younger why my friends brother was always so angry after he came home from school (He was a goth) and I guess I know now!
I honestly also don't see why as soon as someone wears black they are a goth?!
I mean, wtf!
Old 06-08-2008, 05:10 PM
RichL23 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Errr... a>space<lot :]
Yeah, I always wondered when I was younger why my friends brother was always so angry after he came home from school (He was a goth) and I guess I know now!
I honestly also don't see why as soon as someone wears black they are a goth?!
I mean, wtf!
I dont know.. ;] I guess Goths are just seen to look that way.. *Shrugs*

Old 06-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Wingull Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Wingull

I like Goth's and Emo's.
Although, some things they do can be a bit disturbing.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Wisp Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Wisp

Just because I've self-harmed before, people assume I'm proper hardcore emo.
I have a heap of emo/goth friends, and they are all a great laugh :)
We are all equals.

dA × vpp × urpg × twitter × gamertag: IchigoTako × MALEFICENT♥
Old 06-09-2008, 09:16 PM
RichL23 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingull View Post
Although, some things they do can be a bit disturbing.
Most of the Emos/Goths I know are just like me except they listen to different music and wear different clothes. They don't do 'disturbing things' as far as I know O.o. I'm friends with alot of Goths, Emo's and whatever the other kinds of people are called, and they really are all the same to me =]

Old 06-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Just Leo Offline
Elite Trainer

Okay, here it goes;
First, I'd like to make two things clear; o1. I have nothing against Goth's or Emo's. o2. I am not Emo or Gothic. But, I have some things to say on the topic. One, from my own personal experience, the Gothic people in my school are only Gothic so they can "scare" people. And, from what I can tell, most are succeeding with all the gullible people in my school. :/ I think that is just wrong, honestly. If you want to become something just to make people afraid of you then, I'm sorry, but you need therapy. For however much it'll help you or not. :/ Secondly, if you inflict bodily harm on yourself for no reason* it's bad, and again, you need some therapy. :x And, I don't think cutting yourself makes you "emo" either. Thirdly, and finally, if you are emotional about some hard things in your life and hurt yourself to try and escape from the pain of a loss in the family or whatever it is; cutting doesn't work. Trust me, please. I'll go again to the therapy idea and get some anti-depression pills. I don't want to see any of my fellow Pe2K members to hurt themselves.

Done. :3

.credit.to.ana.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Fishy Offline

Send a message via MSN to Fishy

I don't hate them. As a matter of fact I don't hate anybody really-well thats a lie I hate cleaning the house-. I had freinds that where goth or "emo". That shouldn't get in the way with what people want for freinds. It's not the way they look or what they do it's how they are. Well to me anyways.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Wingull Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Wingull

Quote:
Most of the Emos/Goths I know are just like me except they listen to different music and wear different clothes. They don't do 'disturbing things' as far as I know O.o. I'm friends with alot of Goths, Emo's and whatever the other kinds of people are called, and they really are all the same to me =]
I know, but there are some Emo's that take it to the next level.
They cut themselves for minor reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Okay, here it goes;
First, I'd like to make two things clear; o1. I have nothing against Goth's or Emo's. o2. I am not Emo or Gothic. But, I have some things to say on the topic. One, from my own personal experience, the Gothic people in my school are only Gothic so they can "scare" people. And, from what I can tell, most are succeeding with all the gullible people in my school. :/ I think that is just wrong, honestly. If you want to become something just to make people afraid of you then, I'm sorry, but you need therapy. For however much it'll help you or not. :/ Secondly, if you inflict bodily harm on yourself for no reason* it's bad, and again, you need some therapy. :x And, I don't think cutting yourself makes you "emo" either. Thirdly, and finally, if you are emotional about some hard things in your life and hurt yourself to try and escape from the pain of a loss in the family or whatever it is; cutting doesn't work. Trust me, please. I'll go again to the therapy idea and get some anti-depression pills. I don't want to see any of my fellow Pe2K members to hurt themselves.

Done. :3
You are one brave person.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:54 PM
screech1941 Offline

Quote:
I'm not stating my opinion, but if you don't judge people from how they act, what are you going to judge them at all?
Old 06-09-2008, 09:56 PM
RichL23 Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by screech1941 View Post
I'm not stating my opinion, but if you don't judge people from how they act, what are you going to judge them at all?
Oh ja. What I meant by that is the kind of things they listen to ETC, not how they act as a person, but their tastes. Sorry, that really wasn't clear. One of those things that just translated from my head to the keyboard in the wrong way x]

Old 06-10-2008, 02:07 AM
zuddy Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to zuddy Send a message via MSN to zuddy

To a certain extent, you can judge people by their tastes. There are of course exceptions to every rule, and when dealing with opinions nothing is hard and fast, but if I find someone is a great fan of something, I can more or less guess what sort of person they'll be.

In the case of music it's really mutable though, but you get my point. What a person does and what they enjoy does say things about their character.