Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General » Trainer's Court

Trainer's Court The Trainer's Court! Where the URPG hold it's trials.

Old 06-12-2005, 01:55 AM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia
Default Re: Should the Sleep Clause be instaurated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoTrainer
That's because we didn't like you back then. We just shot down everything you said for fun.
I know. And that's retarded.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Sleep Moves:
Hypnosis: 60%
Sleep Powder: 75%
Spore: 100% but only on two Pokemon.
Yawn: 100% takes two turns to affect.

Sleep Duration: 2-7 turns.

Sleep Moves: Snore and Sleep Talk.

Sleeping is part of the game strategy. there are ways around it and you can attack while asleep. some Pokemon have abilities to block sleeping.
yes, Spore is a deadly move but has anyone used it? (Breloom and Parasect... don't see any of those around.) those two are fairly slow and Parasect is weak and vulnerable to a lot of attacks, not to mention not too many good attacks to use while Enemy Pokemon is asleep.
same idea with Sleep Powder. a majority of the Pokemon that can learn it are Bug/Grass/Poison or some combo of them and highly weak to fire.
mainly people use Hypnosis like Gengar or Gardevoir. but it's 60% accuracy. yes, once it hits those Pokemon are very strong. the chance of getting all Pokemon in a 3v3 match asleep the first turn is 21%. for 2v2 it's 36%. it is the luck of the dice that rolls if you get put asleep every time. the disadvantage would be for the User Pokemon trying to put the Enemy Pokemon asleep.

look at it from the other point of view. if Hypnosis misses, the User Pokemon usually is heavily affected by whatever attack. that would mean the User's next attack would most likely not be Hypnosis again because they want to keep their Pokemon alive. I've seen a lot of battles where this happened. it's a chance people take.

I'm still undecided. I just want to get some ideas out.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 06-21-2005, 02:09 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Would like to throw the idea that even if Sleep clause is initiated here, it should not be mandatory, nor an auto-used clause. People would prolly want sleep clause on only if they really give a damn about the battle anyways.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:08 PM
King Zark Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to King Zark Send a message via MSN to King Zark Send a message via Yahoo to King Zark

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33

mainly people use Hypnosis like Gengar or Gardevoir. but it's 60% accuracy. yes, once it hits those Pokemon are very strong. the chance of getting all Pokemon in a 3v3 match asleep the first turn is 21%. for 2v2 it's 36%. it is the luck of the dice that rolls if you get put asleep every time. the disadvantage would be for the User Pokemon trying to put the Enemy Pokemon asleep.

look at it from the other point of view. if Hypnosis misses, the User Pokemon usually is heavily affected by whatever attack. that would mean the User's next attack would most likely not be Hypnosis again because they want to keep their Pokemon alive. I've seen a lot of battles where this happened. it's a chance people take.

~Jack~

Yeah but what if gengar used hypnosis and the it hits and the sleeping pokemon sleeps for 7 turns nightmare can kill it in 4 turns and you can switch pokemon when nightmare is used but that won't help the sleeping pokemon.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:09 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Zark
Yeah but what if gengar used hypnosis and the it hits and the sleeping pokemon sleeps for 7 turns nightmare can kill it in 4 turns and you can switch pokemon when nightmare is used but that won't help the sleeping pokemon.
Well, that could happen whether there is Sleep Clause or not.

This suit is black not.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:21 PM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal

Hmm I don't like this sleep clause idea if it was in effect everyone will start to use it and not having a sleep clause makes it unique in one compared to Netbattle. Besides being put to sleep is part of the stratagey.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:15 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Zark
Yeah but what if the hypnosis misses 7 times in a row and gengar and friends all get killed because you actually did damage and stuff and some more words because I'm trying to imitate your run on sentence that is a pain to read.

Old 06-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

Sleep is a strategy. If you are not going to bring items or moves to use against it, your fault. That's my main strategy with Exeggutor. Sleep powder -> Sunny day -> Solarbeam [x2, 3, however many I need]. I don't want to give it up just because Marth can't handle the fact that his pokemon is asleep.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Marth Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marth Send a message via Yahoo to Marth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlugia
Would like to throw the idea that even if Sleep clause is initiated here, it should not be mandatory, nor an auto-used clause. People would prolly want sleep clause on only if they really give a damn about the battle anyways.
I agree Mana. Some people don't care about if the battle is fun or not, they just want to win and that's it. So if they don't mind losing/winning by putting to sleep all of your opponent Pokémon, fine with them. But even Magare didn't like that fight, it's no fun. And the URPG should be fun. That's why it was created. So it stated as an optional rule would be good, IMHO. And Defense, I am not trying to obligate all of the URPG to abide by the sleep clause. That's why I created this thread, to hear your opinion.
Jack, luck is a very decisive factor in any game. Of course, if hypnosis had missed I would have had a better chance of winning. But sometimes luck can be one-sided, and that's why the Sleep Clause was instaured in some parts (Netbattle per example), because that 60% is not less than 50%; so it's more probable that it hits, and thus creating the scenario of more than 1 opponents pokémon atsleep at the same time.
BlueJelloJelly (12:00:35): What, you going to kill me with your Wynaut?
ClockKnight (12:06:07): bidoof use take down on wynaut
ClockKnight (12:06:50): wynaut use counter!
ClockKnight (12:06:58): ko
StunkyLupus (12:07:04): OWNEDDDDDDD
Old 07-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

another thing about this idea is that we've never had any problems with Pokemon being put to sleep. I still see no problems.

but I relent. it will be optional for Sleep Clause to be used (only if both battlers agree before the battle). If I think Sleep Clause gets out of hand or abused or whatever, I won't hesitate to take it away. let's see how it goes.

~Jack~

-| Links |-