Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 07:20 PM
pokemaster493 Offline
Elite Trainer

Default problem with silver

i think the internal battery died is there any way to replace it

credit to shadow lucario8
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=81783
MY AWESOME EVENT THREAD
Old 05-14-2008, 07:37 PM
TrainerNick Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: problem with silver

Go back 7 years in time and buy a new one :)
Old 05-14-2008, 07:45 PM
pokemaster493 Offline
Elite Trainer

funny im buying a second hand one that works

credit to shadow lucario8
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=81783
MY AWESOME EVENT THREAD
Old 05-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainerNick View Post
Go back 7 years in time and buy a new one :)
Thats what I did ;)
But yeah, it's possible to replace it if you can get hold of a soldering gun. I glued my replacement in and it failed miserably. I forgot there I got mine from, but they can be ordered from digikey.com with the item code being BR2032-1F2
Old 05-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

The only problem is that the internal battery only lasts a certain amount of time, so all the Pokemon Gold/Silver's internal batteries would be dying sometime soon depending on how much they've been played.

There's a sticky thread that links you to a tutorial for replacing the battery here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=35844
Old 05-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

Cool Re: problem with silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
The only problem is that the internal battery only lasts a certain amount of time, so all the Pokemon Gold/Silver's internal batteries would be dying sometime soon depending on how much they've been played.

There's a sticky thread that links you to a tutorial for replacing the battery here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=35844
Yes the internal battery does has a specific lifetime, but it only lasts within that amount of time provided it has been used, stored & charged under ideal conditions. These batteries which are used in Cartridges are Li-ion batteries (Lithium Ion). Lithium Ion batteries (not to be confused with single use Lithium) are incredibly light compared to other kinds of battery. Making them ideal for use in portable consumer devices. Lithium Ion has a high energy density which means for the overall physical size and weight they can store more energy than other types of rechargeable cell.

By default a Lithium Ion battery operates at a much higher voltage than other conventional technologies. This allows for more power from less cells and there for significantly impacts the design of a particular device. Typically a Lithium Ion cell operates at around 3.7 volts, where as a NiMH or NiCd cell can only provide 1.2 volts.

Lithium Ion cells like all batteries suffers from self discharge. With Li however it is significantly less than NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) or NiCd (Nickle Cadmium). Usually able to hold charge for several months with no active use. Lithium batteries can be stored for up to 10 years as long as they are given monthly top-up charges.

Another important point is that if a cartridge is not inserted in the GBC/GBA the Li-Ion battery inside is not charged, because of this its life span is reduced because if you leave the cartridge & its battery to fully discharge while in storage the circuitry which controls the inner workings of the battery will fuse and the battery will not be able to charge back-up. So when you wish to store a Li cell or your device for a prolonged period of time you should ensure that it is kept away from direct sunlight, in low humidity and as cold as possible (down to refrigerator temperature at most, never freeze them). 15 degrees Celsius is optimal. You should store the battery with a partial charge or around 40% but since this is impossible, don't worry about it. Furthermore, instead of meddling with cartridge's circuitry and going through the hassle of replacing the battery, I suggest that you simply buy a new one or maybe a second hand cartridge since new ones would most probably be out of stock by now.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:14 PM
PsygirlGTA54 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Well,thats a mouthful, lol
I claim Psyduck
Old 05-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Red X Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemaster493 View Post
i think the internal battery died is there any way to replace it
play your gameboy games in the GBA
Old 05-23-2008, 10:34 PM
PsygirlGTA54 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucariofan View Post
play your gameboy games in the GBA
that won't work, you will have to break open siver, take out the battery, and solder in a new one...psyyyy.....
I claim Psyduck
Closed Thread