Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Treeky111 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Treeky111
Default The Pokemon Games

Here's my story. Hope you like it. Feel free to rate it and post in the thread.

The Pokemon Games
Chapter 1: Round one

Many of the pokemon of the pokemon world dream of competing in The Great Pokemon Games. Of course, only ten are chosen each year. Pokemon world’s population is has a population of over three billion pokemon. If you are chosen you will compete in The Pokemon Games. The Pokemon Games consists of fifteen random events to compete in. The Pokemon Games are highly dangerous and many pokemon have died. All of the contestants know that after you enter that first round there is no turning back.

It was a warm sunny day in Pokemon Square. Jake was waiting for the mail as usual. Then, he saw something. It was a weavile, The Pokemon Games delivery pokemon! It shot past him at the speed of sound. Jake decided to follow it. Jake wondered why he of all pokemon didn’t get picked. He had enter the last ten years, probably more than anyone.

Jake ran as fast as his treecko legs could carry until he saw the weavile coming to a halt in front of James’s house. James was often the geekiest, most unintelligent, and the most unfit pokemon in town. The weavile stopped by James and gave him a highly-decorated invitation. James let out a cheer and then stepped into the middle of Pokemon Square. No one seemed to be looking so Jake took a rock in his hand and stepped behind James. Then, he conked James on the head and he fell to the ground. The invitation slid to Jake’s feet. Jake picked it up.

“Thanks.” Jake said shortly and walked away.

It was the first day of The Pokemon Games. Jake was at the entrance waiting to get in. He handed his invitation to the pokemon at the booth near the entrance to the stadium. The pokemon let him in without saying anything. Luckily, the invitation has no name addressed in it.. Jake entered the stadium to see the first champion of The Pokemon Games, Lucario! Jake could have passed out. Lucario was, and has always been, his hero. Then Jake heard the announcer. The games were about to start! Jake took off toward the first round tunnel.

Jake emerged from the tunnel to find a small battlefield-like place. Uh oh, he thought. This was going to be a battle. He knew that his battling skills were great but he always came out extremely tired. Jake stepped to his place on the battlefield. He looked at the other nine contestants. They looked tough. Then he looked at the crowd to see if any of his friends had come to watch. There was Gwen, a mudkip, William, a charmander, and Madi, a combusken sitting in the stands cheering. Then he heard the announcers voice again.

“Hello and welcome to the fifteenth annual Pokemon Games! Thank you all for coming!” He greeted. “Now, for our first round, our contestants must snatch a togepi from behind three guarding charizards.”

Then many rocks emerged from the ground out of nowhere. Then charizards swooped down with a togepi and placed the togepi behind them.

“And now, our schedule for the games.” The announcer continued. “And the first to go in the round will be… Jake of Pokemon Square! Ready! Set! Go!”

Jake stepped up quickly. The charizards just stood there, watching. Jake took another step forward and flames shot out of the charizards’ mouths. Jake jumped out of the way quickly and began to run around the stadium, jumping from rock to rock. He jumped on the charizards’ heads. Then he jumped down to get togepi. Jake was about to snatch it when he felt something hot on his hindquarters. He jumped up. He was on fire! He snatched the togepi and ran around and around the stadium at light speed.

“Jake has made it through round one.” The announcer said. “And next…”

Chapter 2: Two War

Jake was resting in his nest. It was only a couple hours ago that he has beat round one. What would be round two? Jake decided to leave all these questions for tomorrow. It was bedtime and he knew he would need all his strength and energy for tomorrow’s round. Jake closed his eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Jake sat up. But he wasn’t in his comfy nest back at The Pokemon Games. He was on another battlefield. Only this one was battle scarred as if it has been through a war. He could see blood stains on almost everything. He looked around and saw a billboard. It read “THE POKEMON GAMES”. Jake gasped. This was round two!
As if by magic, a vision appeared in front of him. He could see himself on this very battlefield. He saw himself winning hard. He was going to beat everyone and win the round! Then he saw something. In an instant, a contestant had slashed a claw deep into Jake’s back. Jake fell to the ground, dead.

Jake would have passed out if this weren’t a dream. He let out a scream and then pulled himself together. I won’t let this happen to me, he thought. I will be extra careful and I will beat anyone in my way. I will win.

Jake heard a loud voice from overhead. It was time for round two! He hurried down the steps and dashed out onto the battlefield. He saw the contestants standing in their spots and at the very end of the line he saw the long-clawed pokemon that killed him. He couldn’t recognize the pokemon at all. He heard another yell from the announcer and then extremely sharp claws were strapped on to his wrists. Jake noticed that all the other pokemon without claws were getting the same.

Then the battlefield was silent. A loud bullhorn sounded and the contestants started off. Jake jumped up above the pokemon who had killed him in his dream and chased after him. Jake was going to be the one to beat him before it happened. Jake jumped forward and cut into the pokemon’s skin but not enough to kill him. The pokemon fell to the ground and Jake chased more down and beat them.

Jake was on fire! He was going to win. Jake kept checking over his back to see if a different pokemon would kill him. He was very cautious. But not cautious enough. All at once there was a flash behind his back. A glimpse of claws and then… Jake matched the strange pokemon’s claws and started pushing them toward his opponent. Then he jumped back and the pokemon fell forward and collapsed on the ground.

Jake has won the match! The announcer looked very pleased. Then Jake noticed that many pokemon in the crowd at signs for him. And then he noticed something very meaningful: A large screen that has the words “The Winner of Round Two… JAKE! The Youngest Contestant Ever To Compete in the Pokemon Games!”

Jake burst with pride. He usually wasn’t the greatest pokemon on the block but now he was the youngest contestant in all the years of The Pokemon Games. Jake knew that one day he would be the champion of The Pokemon Games. And he would be standing next to the great Lucario.

Last edited by Treeky111; 05-09-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Treeky111 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: The Pokemon Games

Reserved
Old 05-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Treeky111 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Reserved2
Old 05-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Kung Fu Offline

I like it. You really put some thought into it. This calls for a five star rating.
First Post - Coming soon
Pair - Desperatly need. PM if interested.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Kendo Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kendo

I like it, too. Only I would have hoped for a little more dialogue. Otherwise, it's looking good so far. Oh, and a tip for the sake of your grammar: my teachers always tell me that, if what somebody says ends in a period, usually you should replace the period with a comma. I shall give it a 4-star rating.
IT'S NOT VALENTINE'S DAY.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Treeky111 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I'm happy it please you both. And I'll be sure to put more dialogue in Chapter 3.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:55 PM
scalec Offline

He's violent, isn't he? Cheating to get in the games is not good.
But still, very cool.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Treeky111 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

It's been his life long dream to get in and this nerd gets it before him. That nerd would have died out there. Jake is doing good. I think I'll stard on my next chapter near noon.