Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 03-07-2004, 11:28 AM
~Jirachi_Star~ Offline
New Trainer

Question Why do you have a new forum?

PE2K, why did you make a new forum? I'm asking this because I liked the other one better. And anyways, this costs money while Proboards doesn't.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:51 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Re: Why do you have a new forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jirachi_Star~
PE2K, why did you make a new forum? I'm asking this because I liked the other one better. And anyways, this costs money while Proboards doesn't.
Proboards deleted my forum due to the "Mixed Foreign Language" board, the rule is "only English forums." I didn't like how they handled the situation, to delete an entire forum just because of one board (they could have just have deleted the board). But anyways, yea, it's gone.

If I was going to start over, my thinking is might as well start over with something even better, and that's vBulletin. It costs money and considered by many the best forum service there is, for a reason, many reasons. vBulletin is probably new to most people, so it will take some time to get use to it, but I think it's great and much better, for some, it might just take some getting use to. Also, because the forum isn't hosted by Proboards or whatever, I have more control over it, I don't want Proboards to delete my forum for some stupid reason they come up with again.

Yes, vBulletin costs money, but it's only a one-time fee I have to pay (well, not me, I'll explain that), pay once, and it's done. Luckily for me, TRO (a good pal of mine and member here at the forum) has generously given the vBulletin he bought.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Dre@mWe@ver Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dre@mWe@ver Send a message via MSN to Dre@mWe@ver Send a message via Yahoo to Dre@mWe@ver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jirachi_Star~
Well, although Proboards is a good simple board that is easy to handle, vBulletin is the best out there. Sure, he had to start over, but all of the 'big' forums out there have upgraded to vB, although PE2K actually switched to vB cause he lost the proboards board, I think that it was a good decidion anyways. :)

Eventually all of the active PE2K members will return, they just need some time to find their way back to this place.

FT-out :p
Old 03-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Ho-oh Offline
New Trainer

I think someone should tell Proboards that it was quite rude to delete a whole forum just because of one board. But I'm really glad there are new forums, b/c that means BESS doesn't block them, and it's more customizable (SP?)

EDIT: And now there are no more glitchy threads (I’m sure Missingno. was in Proboards).

Amusing...

Last edited by Ho-oh; 03-12-2004 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Ixidor Offline
Experienced Trainer

forums are kick ass, this is my first one, an i rekon its cool as

its all good fun
Old 03-16-2004, 01:07 AM
Pokemon World Mazter Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon World Mazter Send a message via MSN to Pokemon World Mazter

vBulletin is the best forum service out there. I love it and Im Ok with it. Proboards is good two but nothing is compared to vBulletin Phpbb is also a good, well-based forum service.

~If I just.. Breatheeeee let it fill the space between Ill know everything is alright, Breatheeee every little piece of me you'll see everything is alright, if i just breatheee~

~Could you look me in the eye? And tell me that you are happy now.. Would you tell it to my face, or have I been erased? Are you happy now?
Old 03-16-2004, 03:41 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

The only thing I don't like is that I lost some of my old threads that I made from when I was a newb and stuff, and also I lost all of my posts, and I had about 2K or more, so now I'm down to what, 7? all that wasted time posting and knowing people, and now it's all gone and some people think I'm a newb... oh well. I would like to know why the old one was deleted though. I think it should have been kept and had it lock downed so you could look at it, but not post or something. meh, oh well. They'll pile up sooner or later.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:22 AM
Scorch Ry Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Scorch Ry

Well, after getting use to this vB, its the best. Even though it used to mess up my text whenever I'll be writing my story, I got around that rough edge and did it. I'm just glad that my true friend is back on this forum....I am grateful

GAME DATA & ANALYSIS COMING VERY SOON.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:29 PM
Chris The Pokemon Master Offline
New Trainer

Angry Re: Why do you have a new forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000
Proboards deleted my forum due to the "Mixed Foreign Language" board, the rule is "only English forums." I didn't like how they handled the situation, to delete an entire forum just because of one board (they could have just have deleted the board). But anyways, yea, it's gone.

If I was going to start over, my thinking is might as well start over with something even better, and that's vBulletin. It costs money and considered by many the best forum service there is, for a reason, many reasons. vBulletin is probably new to most people, so it will take some time to get use to it, but I think it's great and much better, for some, it might just take some getting use to. Also, because the forum isn't hosted by Proboards or whatever, I have more control over it, I don't want Proboards to delete my forum for some stupid reason they come up with again.

Yes, vBulletin costs money, but it's only a one-time fee I have to pay (well, not me, I'll explain that), pay once, and it's done. Luckily for me, TRO (a good pal of mine and member here at the forum) has generously given the vBulletin he bought.
Yeah, I think Proboards was waaaaaaaaaaaay better, because phpBB and vBulliten run slow on my comp, and they freeze.

Proboards doesn't have a lot of rules. I'm pretty surprised that they would delete a whole forum like that though
Old 03-29-2004, 12:36 AM
Hector Offline
New Trainer

These forums are way better then the proboards, and have no glitches.

-Hector
Old 03-31-2004, 08:42 AM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Thunderbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris The Pokemon Master
Proboards doesn't have a lot of rules. I'm pretty surprised that they would delete a whole forum like that though
Sometimes i really wonder if Proboards is worried about the expansion of PE2K. u no, PE2k is one of the most popular Proboards forums in the past

Current team:
Old 04-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Ruben Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ruben Send a message via Yahoo to Ruben
Thumbs up Re: Why do you have a new forum?

Myes, the only thing 'less' is indeed the loading. It used to go MEGA slow, untill i today resetted my computer (throw everything off and instal again), and now it loads within a second, awesome

- Ruben, the of Pe2k (or not)

"Say this blanket represents all the matter and energy in the universe, okay? This is me, this is you, and over here, this is the Eiffel Tower, right, it's Paris!"
- Dusin Hoffman, I *heart* huckabees
Old 04-08-2004, 11:06 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben
Myes, the only thing 'less' is indeed the loading. It used to go MEGA slow, untill i today resetted my computer (throw everything off and instal again), and now it loads within a second, awesome

- Ruben, the of Pe2k (or not)
Sometimes the forum loads slow temporarily, but most of the time, it should be working as normal.