Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:45 PM
tyshawn015 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to tyshawn015 Send a message via Yahoo to tyshawn015
Default Johto Quest: The Dragon Within

Chapter One: The Leader's Kid

"You'll love going on a pokemon journey," my mom said as we flew towards New Bark Town on her Dragonite. It was early June and the summer heat was no joke. I was ready to land, so that I could cool off. When we finally landed I looked around the scene. This place was nothing compared to Blackthorn City.

"My friend Professor Elm said that he would be delighted to give you your first pokemon," Mom stated. "Who knows maybe you'll become a gym leader just like me." "Take care dear." She commanded Dragonite to fly and it took off. I was in front of Elm's lab so I decided to go in.

"You must be Cory," the professor said excitedly. "Clair has told me so much about you." "I'm sure she's lucky to have you as a son." Elm looked like a nice guy so I decided not to rush him, but I did have a few questions.

"What pokemon do you have here?" I asked. I just hoped it wasn't any dragons. Dragons were cool, but I had been around them my whole life and quite frankly, I was getting sick of them. Plus they had really bad breath in the mornings.

"Well we have a Chikorita, a Totodile, and a Cyndaquil," the professor answered. "Chikorita is a grass type, Totodile is a water type, and Cyndaquil is a fire type pokemon." "We don't have any dragons," he said humorously. I looked at the three pokemon and then stopped when I saw the Cyndaquil.

"I'll take the Cyndaquil," I told Elm. He nodded his head and went to his desk to grab something. I looked at a nearby mirror and saw my reflection. My clothes looked pretty decent. I had on a black basketball jeresy with a red t-shirt underneath. I had on black jeans and a pair of red sneakers. Unlike most trainers from Blackthorn, I didn't wear a cape. I thought that it looked ridiculous, even if Lance and Mom wore capes. While looking at my reflection, I noticed that someone was peering through the window. All I could see was red hair so I ignored it.

"Here is your pokedex," he said as he handed a black device to me. "When I told Professor Oak that a relative of Lance would be going on a journey, he had a pokedex custom made just for you." I just nodded my head. This guy could talk for a long time. He handed me five red and white objects. I knew these as pokeballs because my mom used them all the time.

"Where do I go first?" I asked with impatience.

"Before you go on your journey, there is a package for your mother at the Pokemon Center in Cherrygrove City." "I need you to bring it to me and then you can begin your journey."

"Ok," I said trying not to show any anger. It was just like Mom to fly off and forget about something and once again I had to complete one of her errands. I put Cyndaquil in its pokeball and said goodbye to the professor. As I walked outside, I noticed that someone was still peering through Elm's window. It was a girl no it was a boy with long red hair. The guy looked crazy so I just ignored him once again. Cherrygrove was down Route 29 so I began walking. Some guy approached me.

"Do you wanna know how to catch a pokemon?" he asked. I shook my head. My mother was a gym leader and she caught pokemon all the time, so I was sure that I knew how to do it. I continued walking and decided not to capture any pokemon until I had completed my errand.

"After I beat Lance," I said to myself. "I'll go to Kanto, then Hoenn, and then Sinnoh." I was determined to beat him, because I thought that it would be a great challenge. Mom on the other hand just wanted to destroy Lance. I had no idea why they were constantly at it with each other. Even last month on my fourteenth birthday they were arguing. Lance had come to visit and at first he tried to ignore my mother. They eventually got into an argument over what kind of cake I liked. Lance insisted that I liked chocolate, while Mom insisted that I liked vanilla. The truth was I really didn't care about cake. I preferred ice cream anyway.

I reached Cherrygrove at about noon. It was slightly bigger than New Bark Town, but still it didn't compare to Blackthorn City. I noticed the Pokemon Center right ahead, but as I headed for it, I was stopped by an old man. "Hello," he said.

"Umm hey what's up," I replied. He looked at me sternly and then his eyes widened.

"Are you related to the dragon trainers in Blackthorn City?" he asked. I knew it was because of my eyes. We all had the same dark eyes.

"Yes sir," I answered. "My name is Cory and my mother is Clair, the gym leader of Blackthorn City." The man was shocked for a second and then began to speak again.

"I was going to give you a tour," he started. "But considering you probably know a lot about being a trainer I would like you to follow me to my home." I nodded my head since I had nothing better to do. I followed the old man to his house and for at least two hours, he started talking about his life. This is why I didn't hangout with my great-grandfather because old people always wanted you to hear their life stories. When he was finally done, the old man opened his cabinet and pulled out a folded up peice of dusty paper.

"I want you to have this," he said as he handed me the paper. I unfolded it and noticed that it was a map of Johto. It was kind of worn out, but it was still very detailed. I put it in my backpack and thanked the old man. I walked out of the house and went to the Pokemon Center. I went up to the nurse.

"My name is Cory," I began. "I'm suppose to pick up a package for my mother."

"Oh yes," the nurse said as she handed me the small package. I tossed it in my backpack and headed out. "Take care," she said as I went out of the door. I knew that I had to go back to New Bark Town to deliver it to Elm, who had to deliver it to Mom. When I was on my way out, I was bumped into by a kid. When I studied him, I noticed that he was the guy with the red hair that was peering through Elm's window.

"Watch where you're going, jerk!" I yelled. He glared at me angrily.

"You're that gym leader's kid," he said bluntly. "I bet I can beat you and your mom in a battle." This guy was getting on my nerves and worst not only had he insulted me, but he insulted my mother too.

"How about we see who's better," I said as I opened Cyndaquil's pokeball. The little pokemon came out and flames began to shoot out of his back. The kid with the red her laughed and then opened a pokeball. A Totodile came out happily.

"Ok loser," he started. "Let's go..." And so the battle had begun.

credit to Dynamik for the banner

Last edited by tyshawn015; 03-31-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:33 AM
PrinceofKoolness Offline

Default Re: Johto Quest: The Dragon Within

Hmm. interesting story you have here. I see you're writing in first person. Good luck.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:48 AM
tyshawn015 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofKoolness View Post
Hmm. interesting story you have here. I see you're writing in first person. Good luck.
Thanks. I've been working hard on this.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:58 AM
scalec Offline

From what I've heard about rookies chpt they're usually a lot shorter. Nice story so far, thanks for explaining who Lances cousin was
Really nothing to suggest, doing fine.
Check my fanfic some time
Old 03-31-2008, 03:05 AM
tyshawn015 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalec View Post
From what I've heard about rookies chpt they're usually a lot shorter. Nice story so far, thanks for explaining who Lances cousin was
Really nothing to suggest, doing fine.
Check my fanfic some time
Thanks. I'll definately check out your fan fic.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:40 AM
Team Devastation Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Team Devastation Send a message via MSN to Team Devastation

Very good, keep it up, why not check out other fics for inspiration. Anyway good luck on the story.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:24 PM
tyshawn015 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Chapter Two: The New Life

"Use Scratch!" the kid yelled out to Totodile. Totodile's sharp claws began scratching Cyndaquil on it's face.

"Cyndaquil use Tackle and ram Totodile into that tree!" I said quickly. Cyndaquil knocked Totodile directly into the tree.

"Use Scratch again," the kid called out to Totodile who was just getting back on its feet.

"Smokescreen," I called to Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil immediately sent out smoke right towards Totodile. It was now lost in the smoke. "Use Tackle and finish this!" Cyndaquil came out from the smoke and tackled Totodile into the ground. It was out.

"How pathetic!" the kid said as he returned Totodile to its pokeball. He looked up at me. "My name is Thomas and you only one because of luck." "It was a fluke and it'll never happen again." "Stay out of my way dragon boy." He pushed me to the ground and took off running. It was then that I noticed something.

"That looked like the Totodile that Elm had," I said to myself as I rose to my feet. Surely he didn't just give that guy the Totodile. Otherwise he wouldn't have been staring through the window. Then it hit me. Thomas had stole the Totodile from the professor. I went back to New Bark Town as quickly as possible. I jumped some ledges that a guy thought were scary which they really weren't. I rushed into the lab. Elm was talking to an officer.

"When my assistant and I stepped out for some hotdogs and fries," Elm began to the officer. "A kid with long red hair rushed in and took one of my pokemon."

"Really," replied the officer. "Did you use ketchup or mustard on your hotdog?" I was getting irritated, so I began speaking.

"The kid's name was Thomas," I said to the officer. "I battled him." The officer looked with disbelief and then his eyes widened. "Yes I'm related to Lance," I said to him before he could open his mouth. "He's my second cousin."

"Ok," the officer replied. He turned to the professor. "If I spot anything I'll let you know." I frowned at the officer knowing that he'll throw the report in the trash as soon as he got back to the police station. He walked out of the lab. Elm turned to me.

"Do you have the package?" he asked. I pulled it out and handed it to him. "By the way your mother sent you this while you were gone." "She said you left it at home." He handed me my cell phone that I had forgot. "I put my number in there so you can contact me whenever."

"Thanks," I mumbled as I walked out of the door. The first place I was headed was Violet City. There I can challenge Falkner and get my first badge. As I walked, I thought about all the gyms I would have to face in Johto. The eighth gym would be the hardest. Plus I would be up against my mother. Even if I did beat her she might send me into that stupid Dragon's Den and then I would have to answer some stupid questions that my great-grandfather would ask. I shook it off because I knew I had a long way to go. I noticed a bird pokemon that looked like an owl.

"It's a Hoothoot," I told myself. They only came out at night and the sun had just went down. Now was my chance to capture one. I opened Cyndaquil's pokeball. It was obvious that it was sleepy. "All you have to do is beat this Hoothoot and then you can sleep," I told it. The flames on its back shot out.

"Use Smokescreen," I told it. Cyndaquil sent a cloud of smoke around Hoothoot. It searched desperately for Cyndaquil, but it couldn't find it. "Use Ember!" I called out. Cyndaquil sent a small flame towards Hoothoot, knocking it to the ground. The Hoothoot was burned, but it still tried to fight back. It landed a Peck on Cyndaquil. I knew that I needed to finish this. "Use Tackle!" I called to Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil tackled the burnt Hoothoot into a tree.

I threw a pokeball at Hoothoot. It rocked around for a couple of seconds and then stopped. I walked over and picked up the pokeball. Then I looked at Cyndaquil. "Good job," I said as I returned it to it's pokeball. I was right outside Cherrygrove City, so I decided to stay for the night. I walked into the Pokemon Center and the nurse handed me a room key.

"The snack bar is over there," she told me. I thanked her and walked to the snack bar. There were a few trainers there, but I mostly ignored them. I went to the cashier and ordered the baked potato and an orange power drink. I went to a table at the far right of the snack bar and began eating. It wasn't too long before someone approached me. It was a girl with light brown hair and eyes and tan skin. She wore a yellow shirt with a black skirt and yellow shoes. I thought she looked like a Beedrill, but nevertheless she looked pretty.

"Umm hi," she said nervously. "Do you remember me?" Then I had a flashback. It was about two years ago at Blackthorn City. My mom had forbidden me to go to Ice Path, so of course I went. That's when I notice a girl running from a Swinub that was shooting ice beams at her. She ran passed me, accidentally knocking me on the ground. The Swinub saw me and froze me solid. It took me three hours to defrost.

"You're Elana right?" I asked. "The girl that caused that Swinub to freeze me two years ago in Ice Path." She looked a bit embarrassed, but then she begin to speak.

"Sorry about that," she apologized. "You're Cory, Clair's son right?" I nodded my head. Elana looked at her watch and then chuckled a bit. "I gotta go," she started. "Nice seeing you again." She walked off. Now I could focus on my food. It actually tasted pretty good. After I finished my food I went to my room and hopped straight in the bed. It had been a long day.

"Why didn't they order pizza?" I asked myself thinking about how Professor Elm had been robbed today. And why did that officer want to know if they put ketchup or mustard on the hotdogs? Then I thought about that Thomas kid and that Totodile that was stuck with such an awful trainer. With all these thoughts in my head, I tossed and turned but could not sleep.

Last edited by tyshawn015; 04-01-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:22 PM
scalec Offline

Sweet. Lol on the hotdogs.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:57 PM
tyshawn015 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalec View Post
Sweet. Lol on the hotdogs.
Thanks. I thought that I would add a funny part like that in.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:24 AM
RockTop Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyshawn015 View Post
Thanks. I thought that I would add a funny part like that in.
I agree. That was a funny chapter. Keep up the good work.

thanks Drew_pkmn for the banner
Old 04-02-2008, 08:41 PM
tyshawn015 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockTop View Post
I agree. That was a funny chapter. Keep up the good work.
Thanks. I'll have the next chapter up sometime this weekend.