Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

View Poll Results: Mods?
We need more Mods 15 75.00%
We don't need more Mods 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Smurf Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Smurf Send a message via MSN to Smurf Send a message via Yahoo to Smurf
Default Re: [PE2K] Petition

Quote:
All of us PE2K members are here today, gathering to ask you to become more sensable.
XD That gave me quite the tickle. =P

Nope, I don't think we need anymore mods. Not right now at least. I believe they are doing a fine job, and the n00bs are staying down a little. We're fine the way we are. =P

Ryan has said it before, and he'll say it again. He'll promote more mods as he needs them. Though I've never been a fan of his, and I'm still not, I must stand by it this time.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:27 PM
TotodileHop24 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to TotodileHop24

I think we're doing fine right now with who we have moderating... of course, we have less mods than other boards I've seen, but hey, I think that means that we're doing a lot better than the others out there. There are some super intelligent and active mods here that clearly know how to deal with problems around the forum... all they need in return is some reactions and support from us, that is, pointing out a problem that they've missed, talking about a serious topic via a PM, or just making a friendly comment. It really does go a long way... not to mention it makes the mods feel better about themselves.

Yes, I know I'm not the most active member here, but I've still seen enough threads dealing with making more moderators to know what's going to follow. Other long-term members have already said it, and I'm willing to say it again... Ryan is pretty much the only person to finalize a decision regarding this. Others are welcome to share their thoughts, but it will be up to him to say whether or not a change is to follow. He has his reasons in every decision that he makes, and we all should help support those.

If anything, a few more knowledgable members should help cover the Pokemon sections, mods or not, but I believe that's all that really should be done.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:34 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Guys... please, let us all calm down.

Now, I know that we're all a bit upset as this debate rages on, but there is no need for us to argue about it all. There is no need to strike and no need to violently petition.

As you guys already know, Neo and I have been in support of increased numbers of moderators. We both personally think that more moderators will help create more activities and events that will help the forum and its members. Of course, we do appreciate all that our current moderators have done, we just think that there can be a lot more completed with a larger organization group.

Ryan has been busy, in case no one noticed. Through my several discussions with him, he has told me that he has several projects that he wanted to complete as his schedule began to free up. One, of course, was the redisigning of the site which you all can see. Another is to work in tandem with TRO to improve the forum layout and perhaps set up an IRC channel for PE2K. These are only a few of his many projects that he wished to get done.

Creating more moderators is also a project that we've been discussing. In fact, recently, Ryan, Neo, and I discussed several possible moderator candidates that would be a great help to the forum. Ryan did take our suggestions and ideas into consideration. As usual, he needs time to analyze the options in order to pick the best people for the job. So while this meeting took place a few days ago, he only recently began hiring new moderators as is the case with Dap, Tamer, and JT. I'm sure that he will hire more members as the month progresses.

Needless to say, there is no reason for concern. Neo and I have already discussed with Ryan what you guys have been demanding since Paperfairy created this thread. The only factor here is time since Ryan likes to go over everything in order to make the right decision.

There is no need to boycott the War or PE2K. If we love this forum, then we love it enough to not hurt the events that make this such a fun place to go to. Ryan has long known about the need for moderators and he'll answer the call in due time. In the meanwhile, we should also do our part and help out on the forum using our abilities.

The answer is not in conflict, but in cooperation and trust.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim
Guys... please, let us all calm down.

Now, I know that we're all a bit upset as this debate rages on, but there is no need for us to argue about it all. There is no need to strike and no need to violently petition.

As you guys already know, Neo and I have been in support of increased numbers of moderators. We both personally think that more moderators will help create more activities and events that will help the forum and its members. Of course, we do appreciate all that our current moderators have done, we just think that there can be a lot more completed with a larger organization group.

Ryan has been busy, in case no one noticed. Through my several discussions with him, he has told me that he has several projects that he wanted to complete as his schedule began to free up. One, of course, was the redisigning of the site which you all can see. Another is to work in tandem with TRO to improve the forum layout and perhaps set up an IRC channel for PE2K. These are only a few of his many projects that he wished to get done.

Creating more moderators is also a project that we've been discussing. In fact, recently, Ryan, Neo, and I discussed several possible moderator candidates that would be a great help to the forum. Ryan did take our suggestions and ideas into consideration. As usual, he needs time to analyze the options in order to pick the best people for the job. So while this meeting took place a few days ago, he only recently began hiring new moderators as is the case with Dap, Tamer, and JT. I'm sure that he will hire more members as the month progresses.

Needless to say, there is no reason for concern. Neo and I have already discussed with Ryan what you guys have been demanding since Paperfairy created this thread. The only factor here is time since Ryan likes to go over everything in order to make the right decision.

There is no need to boycott the War or PE2K. If we love this forum, then we love it enough to not hurt the events that make this such a fun place to go to. Ryan has long known about the need for moderators and he'll answer the call in due time. In the meanwhile, we should also do our part and help out on the forum using our abilities.

The answer is not in conflict, but in cooperation and trust.

Grr... you beat me to it Kim

Like the moderators have said, the petition/strike was unnessicary, seeing as Ryan makes the final decision... The only thing I can think that this petition would do is annoy Ryan... many times in the past, members have demanded more mods, with many members agreeing in those threads... do you guys honostley think that a poll is going to make a diffrence?

Though I may agree that we need 1 or 2 more mods, I would rather stay out of this 'debate' seeing as Ryan is the final decider. I honestly think that this petition is going to little, if not, nothing. Like Kim has mentioned, I have noticed that Ryan has been busy, actually for a long time now, seeing as he is rarely on and such.

I think everybody who is a part of this petition needs to take a minute and think about this... do you all honestly think a petition is going to force Ryan into picking some mods? I don't think so... But then again, that is my opinion, and you are entitled to yours... but a petition to force an opinion on someone else? That's just not right... heh. If you want to talk about democracy, your rights don't matter if they inflict upon someone elses... that's part of a democracy... fairness, and Ryan can't be forced to make a decision.

I am well aware of the fact that Ryan keeps a list of potential members to become a mod, as well as a black list for those who have lost their chance. Yes, it would be nice to become one, but I realize that that decision is left up to Ryan, and not me, hence why I have never come out saying I want to be one in public. You all say we need mods to help 'n00bs' find the way... why don't you, as a member, talk to them and take them under your wing and show them the way. Give them pointers, and show them the rules... that helps immensley.

Point is, there is a diffrnece between want and need... Ryan will promote members when he sees fit, and at the moment, we don't need any... we just want them.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:41 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

lol funny stuff, funny because there's already plans to add a few more mods soon. Imagine, a petition for something that I'm already planning to do anyways, that's the situation right now, heh. I appreciate the concern for the forum though, but the mod stuff has already been planned out, just need to finalize it.

Give me some patience, just got done with the site makeover, not an easy task. One thing at a time please! lol...

*Thread locked.