Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 04-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Ruben Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ruben Send a message via Yahoo to Ruben
Unhappy Stuck

I'm stuck in the league of Ruby, i dont know exactly the how maniest person, but it's an old guy.

I really dont get, normally, in silver, blue, etc... my pokemon always were great, but now... training everywhere i whent, my pokemon are still weaker then his... i dont get it... i really keep on training, but i cant win against him... pleas help !

- Ruben

"Say this blanket represents all the matter and energy in the universe, okay? This is me, this is you, and over here, this is the Eiffel Tower, right, it's Paris!"
- Dusin Hoffman, I *heart* huckabees
Old 04-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Saya Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Stuck

Steven the champion you mean? He is kind of hard in ruby but I fyou have a sapphire you can use Kyogre to beat him. Groiudon id really pretty bad against the elite 4. Also what levels are your pokemon? For the elite 4 I usually train my pokemon to level 50-55 before I try challenging him. HOpe that helped!

Thanks to JamieRovis from Serebii for the great banner!

Paired with Batesy!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Ruben Offline
Elite Trainer

Unhappy Re: Stuck

Mmmm... I added my team to my signature, pleas look and tell wat you think of it, i'm thinking of throwing away altaria and get a salamence, but i dont know where to get his base form, and i dont really like my electric one, but there are no better... levels are around 40-44
but i dont get it, i trained trough the hole level, i did the same in blue and silver but there it was a piece of cake... I dont get it...

"Say this blanket represents all the matter and energy in the universe, okay? This is me, this is you, and over here, this is the Eiffel Tower, right, it's Paris!"

Last edited by Ruben; 04-05-2004 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Saya Offline
Master Trainer

Getting rid of altaria for salamence would be a good idea. You can find Bagon in meteor falls. You have to go up the water fall and up a few stairs. Then surf on some more water untill you see another cave entrance. Go in that and you woll come out in water. Got straight to the end of the water and you will see a strip of land about 2 by 3 steps. Search around that small spot of land till you dind a bagon. They are only found there. Hope that helped.

Thanks to JamieRovis from Serebii for the great banner!

Paired with Batesy!
Old 04-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Best place to level up your Pokemon before you fight the elite four is in Victory Road. Keep fighting the wild level 40's there until your Pokemon reach middle/high fifties and you should be able to handle the Elite Four and Stephen. Use a fighting type Pokemon for Sydney, Dark type for Phoebie, Electric or Fighting for Glacia and an Ice for Drake. That should help.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

When you train you're pokemon also try to battle others that you've faced before because they'l get stronger with each battle.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:17 AM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Thunderbird

the E4 in RS is the hardest so u dun need to feel bad abt it. Here are some advices:

1. lv 40-44 is too low… train all your pokemon to at least lv 50

2. Why dun u add an ice pokemon to your team? u need it to defeat Drake, who is using dragon-type pokemon. u can use salamence too, but u need to train bagon/shellgon to lv 50 before it evolve

3. also, know all the types of the pokemon elite 4 is using will help u a lot in defeating them.

4. Evolve all your team pokemon to their final form!! evolve your lairon to aggron before u start fighting against E4.

Current team:

Last edited by Thunderbird; 04-06-2004 at 05:21 AM.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:54 AM
Ruben Offline
Elite Trainer

Red face Re: Stuck

Yes, thank you, and about evolving lairon (that i did by now) i could have dont it earlier, but they just 'grow' faster on a lower form.
Thx you all for helping :) I caught bagon and trained it to shelgon and by the way: i really want an ice pokemon, but i have no room, and another thing. i also have a manectric, but he's so 'normal' lol, but there are no good electric pokemon ! instead zapdos, but if i trade him with my old game, he would already be 80 or something. And that's just not fun anymore...

- Ruben

Old 04-06-2004, 08:06 AM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

yes, i agree there is no good electric pokemon in RS... i really want to trade my lv 100 Zapdos over too! :P

u can consider dumping Swampert/Groudon becoz there ar two ground pokemon in your team, and i think u should only choose one out of dragon & ice, becoz they're both super effective against dragon. Too bad salamence can't learn ice beam

Current team:
Old 04-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Ruben Offline
Elite Trainer

Exclamation Re: Stuck

I know :( But who should i replace between swampert/groudon and for who ? I know having groudon in your party is so stupid, because it looks like you are a stupid newb chasing after legendary's. I furst had that turtle like fire pokemon, but he also was ground, lol ! Anyway, wat do you think ?

PS: I'm training my shelgon like hell !! But it takes soooo long ! And those pokemon keep running away, i guess their afraid

- Ruben

Old 04-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Here are the suggested Pokemon to use on the E4: Fire, Fighting, Water, Ice, Ground, Electric. When I get there (I don't play much any more ) I know I'm using Tylash, my Swampert, Then I have room for a different type cause he's both Water and Ground!, Suggested Pokemon to use are(abc'd): Blaziken, Camerupt, Glalie, Golem, Groudon, Hariyama, Kyogre, Magneton, Manectric, Ninetales, Regice, Swampert , Wailord, Walrein.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

Just to let u no, my team for defeating E4 is:
Swampert
Manectric
Machamp (i dun choose Hariyama becoz he dun have a good movepool. teach Machamp flamethrower to act as a fire pokemon too)
Sharpedo
Glalie

Still an empty space for pokemon!

Current team:
Old 04-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Ruben Offline
Elite Trainer

Exclamation Re: Stuck

MMmm... I see, cool teams ! ;)
I'm keeping the team i have now and i'm pretty satisfied with it :) I'm training all my pokemon till 50 and have another try at the e4 :)
thx for your help guys!

- Ruben V.