Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Mr_Umbreon Offline
New Trainer

Default Silver/Gold/Crystal competitive team

Alright, I have no idea what I'm doing, and I'd like some guidance. I need to make a competative team, which I have never done before, to face off against a couple of friends. We decided on some rules, no legendary pokemon, only pokemon introduced in G/S/C including baby pokemon and new evolution pokemon.

My team right now is Octillery, Umbreon(i'd really like to keep him in the team), Espeon, Hitmonlee, Misdreavous, and Miltank. I've looked at some of the threads in this section and am considering Amphros and Houndoom. I am open to whatever, I just need somewhere to start. I just need a little push in the right direction. Perhaps someone can suggest some pokemon I should try working with and then I'll go from there.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:10 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Default Re: Silver/Gold/Crystal competitive team

So, wait

Is this for GSC, or are you just using GSC Pokemon in DP?

Also, post movesets, please. It'll make this a lot easier.

Hi

Old 02-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Mr_Umbreon Offline
New Trainer

We are playing with the g/s/c cartidges, so only up to generation II moves are available to me.

I have been told its not good for competitive play, so bare with me. This is what I currently have:

Umbreon [ my favorite :) ]
-mean look
-toxic
-baton pass
-confuse ray

Espeon
-Psychic
-Morning Sun
-Shadow Ball
-Reflect

Miltank
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Heal Bell
-Milk Drink

Hitmontop
-Counter
-Rapid Spin
-Triple kick
-Agility

Misdreavus
-Mean Look
-Perish Song
-Psychic
-Confuse Ray

Octillery [ another favorite ]
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower
-Hyper Beam

I also seen a Houndoom and Ampharos (that I would consider to put on my team) on this site that look like this:

Ampharos:
Thunderpunch
Thunderwave
Thunder
Strength

Houndoom:
Iron tail
shadow ball
crunch
flamethrower
Old 02-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Mr_Umbreon Offline
New Trainer

Alright, so I've come up with a team with the help of some of the threads i've been looking at. I'm still learning and changing but here is my new team:

Houndoom (replacing my Misdreavous)
~Fire Blast or Flamethrower (?)
~Crunch
~Rest
~Sleep talk

Miltank
~ Heal Bell
~ Milk Drink
~ Curse or Earthquake (?)
~ Body Slam

Octillery
~ Flamethrower
~ Surf
~ Return
~ Ice Beam

Espeon
-Psychic
-Morning Sun
-Shadow Ball
-Reflect

Umbreon
~Mean Look
~Toxic
~Confuse Ray
~ Not sure...

Ampharos (instead of Hitmonlee)
~Thunder
~Fire Punch
~Thunderwave
~Dynamicpunch

Edit: So i'm looking at this post, and I notice a lot of fire moves, maybe I should change that?

Edit 2: I was taking a look at some other Pokemon and am thinking of using these two, just not sure who to replace:
Bellossum
~ Sleep Powder
~ Synthesis
~ Giga Drain
~ Razor Leaf

Donphan
~ Earthquake
~ Roar
~ Rapid Spin
~ Rest

Last edited by Mr_Umbreon; 02-26-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Spinner Offline
Master Trainer

Post Re: Silver/Gold/Crystal competitive team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Umbreon View Post
Alright, so I've come up with a team with the help of some of the threads i've been looking at. I'm still learning and changing but here is my new team:

Houndoom (replacing my Misdreavous)
~Flamethrower
~Crunch
~Sunny day
~Solarbeam

Not exactly an inspired moveset, but reasonably effective nevertheless. Flamethrower is generally preferable to Fire Blast, because of it's higher accuracy and PP. Also, I'm not sure about Rest and Sleep Talk... Houndoom is quite frail, and therefore I am not sure whether or not it could pull it off effectively. Whatever works for you.

Miltank
~ Heal Bell
~ Milk Drink
~ Earthquake
~ Body Slam

Overall, I feel Earthquake is better in this slot. Miltank is actually quite fast, and I think the speed penalty that Curse inflicts on Miltank is not worth it - especially since the attack boost only benefits body slam in this case. The defense boost is nice, but it also leaves you open to ghost types aswell

Octillery
~ Flamethrower
~ Surf
~ Return
~ Ice Beam

With it's amazing attack, you might want to consider Hyper beam, but it's a good moveset.

Espeon
-Psychic
-Morning Sun
-Shadow Ball/ Hidden power
-Reflect

Espeon certainly isn't known for it's versatility. I don't like Shadow Ball on Espeon, namely because it's attack stat sucks. However, the only other move I would consider is a special type Hidden Power... If it's too much trouble though, then don't bother.

Umbreon
~Mean Look
~Toxic
~Confuse Ray/ Moonlight
~Baton pass

Baton pass is so Umbreon can pass it's Mean look to another team mate. You might want to consider Moonlight for a recovery move, but I love Confuse ray too...

Ampharos (instead of Hitmonlee)
~Thunderbolt
~Fire Punch
~Thunderwave
~Safeguard

Thunderbolt's accuracy is prefarable to Thunder. Dynamicpunch is horribly inaccurate, so I opt for Safeguard instead to help out the rest of the team (and itself, of course)

Edit: So i'm looking at this post, and I notice a lot of fire moves, maybe I should change that?

Edit 2: I was taking a look at some other Pokemon and am thinking of using these two, just not sure who to replace:
Bellossum
~ Sleep Powder
~ Synthesis
~ Giga Drain
~ Sludge Bomb

Teach Sludge Bomb while it's still Oddish/ Gloom, as Bellossom can't learn it herself. Bellossoms attack stat is actually decent, and besides, two offensive moves of the same type on one pokemon is generally a bad thing. I prefer Giga Drain to Razor Leaf

Donphan
~ Earthquake
~ Roar
~ Ancientpower
~ Double-Edge
Double-Edge is powerful and accurate. Enough said, it will be more useful than Rest. Ancientpower is there for that lucky 10% chance of landing a boost in each of your stats.

Last edited by Spinner; 02-29-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:53 AM
BLAZIKEN_EMY Offline
Banned

Um.... I Think That Teams Great! However I Think,your Friends Might Have A Devestating Counter Attack!(im Not An Expert!)