Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:38 PM
dawka Offline

Default Cradily moveset

Cradily @ Leftovers
Careful ? 252 HP, 252 SpDef, 4 Atk
Suction Cups
~ Sandstorm / Toxic
~ Recover
~ Rock Slide / Earthquake
~ Rock Slide / Earthquake / Confuse Ray / Stealth Rock

A pure Special Wall. Sandstorm if you don't have Sandstream support. Rock Slide for STAB or EQ for more coverage. Stealth Rock can be used while the opponent switches to a physical attacker. This guy takes maximum 48% damage from a Specsmence's Draco Meteor. Even without any Def EVs, he can survive many un-STABed super effective moves. Ex: 1 DD Gyarados using Ice Fang

Cradily @ Leftovers
Adamant - 220 HP, 236 Atk, 52 Speed
Adamant ? 220 HP, 252 Atk, 16 SpDef, 20 Speed
Suction Cups
~ Swords Dance
~ Recover
~ Rock Slide / Stone Edge
~ Earthquake / Stockpile

With Suction Cups, he can?t be Phazed away. Swords Dance on switch and he can actually be a decent tank in Sandstream. 220 HP EVs is a magic Leftovers #. The first spread outspeeds Magnezone and Swampert, and destroying them with Earthquake or Grass Knot. The second spread is to outspeed his Almardo and Dusknoir. The rest are his attacks, Rock Slide for STAB and nice coverage. Stockpiled can be a good choice for more bulkyness, but you'd be taking away coverage.

Cradily @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Jolly ? 24 HP, 252 Atk, 232 Speed
Suction Cups
~ Rock Polish
~ Swords Dance / Rock Slide / Stone Edge
~ Earthquake / Grass Knot / Toxic
~ Earthquake / Grass Knot / Toxic

With Cradily?s awesome defenses and HP, he can pull this off. With 232 EVs invested in speed and a single rock polish, Cradily is able to outrun Jolteon and the rest of the 130 base-speed Pokemon. I prefer to use Swords Dance because he will be out speeding many things but not really making a dent in them. Toxic is for a speedy Status Conditioner. (Note: Don?t use Toxic with Swords Dance) The rest are his? entire movepool.

Cradily "Slow and Painful" @ Leftovers
Careful / Impish ? 220 HP, 252 Def, 36 SpDef
Suction Cups
~ Ingrain
~ Toxic / Confuse Ray
~ Recover
~ Sandstorm / Rock Slide / Stone Edge / Grass Knot / Giga Drain / Energy Ball

This Mixed Tank should be under the influence with Sandstream or Sandstorm, and possibly a Mean Look - Baton Passer for best results. Ingrain is to get some HP gaining. Toxic with Sandstorm / Sandstream would be awesome damage along with an attack. Confuse Ray would help you survive longer. Recover when you are worn out. The last move is your choice, if you have a Sandstreamer in your team than Sandstorm is obviously out. I prefer Giga Drain for even more Recovery.

i do love cradily very much!

I would like to thank libeldra for some movesets.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro
Default Re: Cradily moveset

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawka View Post
Cradily "Slow and Painful" @ Leftovers
Careful / Impish ? 220 HP, 252 Def, 36 SpDef
Suction Cups
~ Ingrain
~ Toxic / Confuse Ray
~ Recover
~ Sandstorm / Rock Slide / Stone Edge / Grass Knot / Giga Drain / Energy Ball

This Mixed Tank should be under the influence with Sandstream or Sandstorm, and possibly a Mean Look - Baton Passer for best results. Ingrain is to get some HP gaining. Toxic with Sandstorm / Sandstream would be awesome damage along with an attack. Confuse Ray would help you survive longer. Recover when you are worn out. The last move is your choice, if you have a Sandstreamer in your team than Sandstorm is obviously out. I prefer Giga Drain for even more Recovery.

i do love cradily very much!
Slow and Painful works best for me. I would select Toxic over Confuse Ray, and perhaps have another move to replace Recover since I have Leftovers and Ingrain, Recover is deemed pretty useless. Leech Seed might have been better, and an attacking move to fill the last slot.