Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 05-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Dragon Lover Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to Dragon Lover
Default Re: Pokemon XD: Dark Winds Dark Lugia!

Hey i just thought of something....in colloseum is you snagged all the shadow pokemon a Ho-oh would "magically" appear in your box...but in this game there is a shadow Lugia...you get me ?

~DL~
Old 05-13-2005, 05:33 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy
Picture it: "The epic tale of a poor trainer that no one said would ever make it, claws their way up in the battling world with a Magikarp and a prayer !"
Oh amen, Sister! Heh heh. There are so many I'd like to try for starters.

I won't mind being stuck with the eevee. But, why, why, did they have to keep the mutant elf in thunderdome theme going? I don't want to be followed by any creepy chick that runs like a sissy and can't stay out of my way. And I think the whole "shadow" contrivance -- especially which it's an obvious developer's ploy to keep the code simpler -- just stinks.

Except for the pokes, Orre is just fugly.

And gah, those dumb dialogs after battles. Crud. Just let me get my $$$ and move along. Really tiresome at Mt Battle.

I just hope any mmorpg plans include more flexibility and (pray to all the gods) less hokey human character art.

I am so turned off by the idea of another shadow poke game in the same style as colosseum's rpg that this might actually be the first pokemon game I don't buy.

Last edited by ashkelon; 05-13-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Oh amen, Sister! Heh heh. There are so many I'd like to try for starters.
But, why, why, did they have to keep the mutant elf in thunderdome theme going?
Hee. I like elfs and the Mad Max movies so I don't mind:). Plus, like I said before, boy or not, the main character in this one looks like a girl to me *Gets attacked by Pokemon XD fanfic plot ideas *

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 05-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Oh, is it even official that the blue haired girl follows you like Rui? I mean, Ruis only purpose was to identify Shadow Pokemon (Even then, I don't see why she couldn't just appear during cutscenes) and it seems this new character has a device to do just that.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 05-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Go check out what Serebii say'd ! According to them, Pokemon XD is a PC remake. Personally, no matter the plot, I ain't getten it, I don't have the time and do not wish to spend the money (I'm still in the first half or so of PC, so lazy ).
Old 05-13-2005, 08:17 PM
akdude Offline

Send a message via AIM to akdude Send a message via MSN to akdude Send a message via Yahoo to akdude

I'm sure they're going to put all the good pkmn in the game. I just hope it has all the regions in it. Now that's a great Pokemon game. All the Regions and all the Teams. But we can only hope for it.

MWAHAHA!! The bunnies will take over the world!!

Name: Slash
FC: 2191 4116 0821
Old 05-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun

Hmm... mre shadow Pokémon, and another snag machine...

Wishes for this game:

- whoever has to identify the shadow Pokémon does NOT follow you around. Although from the looks on one of the pics, the main guy has some scouter-like device (watch DBZ dammit), which I can guess mght let him recognise 'em.

- despite the shadow Pokémon, GIVE US WILD POKéMON!!!

- if it's gonna' be similar to Colosseum, at least give us a full-sized game nonetheless. Colosseum's story mode was ace in my opinion, but it wasn't huge when compared to the other games. Seems fair enough in Colosseum's case though, I mean it DID have the Colosseum mode as well.

That's me done, g'bye.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Well, after a closer look at the pics, and the official Pokemon Japanese site, I can tell a few things about gameplay:

-The main characters sister, despite having no Shadow Mon-seeing ability, follows you on the field (I hope she isn't just added into the game for a minor role, or her following you for such a trivial plot device would be very annoying)
-The starter is Eevee, with no other choices (Of course, Eevee evolves into 5 different Pokemon, so you do get a choice, really).
-Battles will be 1vs1 (Could mean possible Wild Pokemon battles)
-Set in a new region (Images show no correlation to existing regions, especially the metallic pyramid-like structure in one of the images)

Honestly though, if it doesn't have Gyms and Wild Pokemon, Reggie would have compared XD to Colosseum rather than RS. Then again, he could be an idiot when it comes to Pokemon, and actually have meant to have said Colosseum.

I truly hope that any more info within time will actually prove Wild/Non-Shadow Pokemon exist, along with Gyms. Who knows? Maybe Wild Pokemon do exist, however Shadow Pokemon are being used and must be rescued as with PC. Or, there might merely be Shadow Pokemon and no wild Pokemon. I hope for the former, or I may complain to Nintendo and enquire why Reggie compared it to RS when its similarities would make it almost identical to PC other than in terms of plot.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist