Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:41 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer
Default Re: Age Limit for Love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
"Harold and Maude" proved to us all that love knows no age.
QFT.

I agree with this. There's no limit to age of love, or there shouldn't be. I mean, if two people love each other they shouldn't be ripped apart because there is too much of an age difference between the two. Maybe if the two were thirty and twelve; but I doubt two of those ages would love each other.

I've thought about this a lot being as my parents' ages are fourteen years apart. I'd thought it was a bit weird as one of them was around thirty and the other was around fourty-five. Though that was when I was younger, as I matured and thought about it more I figured that love is love. Two people should be able to love each other if they wish to. But like I said before, there are some exceptions to what I'm saying, as stated above.

Last edited by The Jr Trainer; 01-12-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:49 AM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
QFT.

I agree with this. There's no limit to age of love, or there shouldn't be. I mean, if two people love each other they shouldn't be ripped apart because there is too much of an age difference between the two. I mean, maybe if the two were thiry and twelve; but I doubt two of those ages would love each other.

I've thought about this a lot being as my parents' ages are fourteen years apart. I'd thought it was a bit weird as one of them was around thirty and the other was around fourty-five. Though that was when I was younger, as I matured and thought about it more I figured that love is love. Two people should be able to love each other if they wish to. But like I said before, there are some exceptions to what I'm saying, as stated above.
Ya my parents are 13 year difference and I dont think love should be ripped apart like you said just because of age but I think the most year difference should be 20 years at most.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Stubby Boardman Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Stubby Boardman

hard to say if there should be an age limit or not cause if two people love each other why should anyone tell them different

Old 01-24-2008, 06:38 AM
Veos Offline

There is no age limit for love.

However it's probably best if a couple who plans on marrying has a age difference of no more than 10 years. I say this because in my opinion, the closer your age difference, the more things both people can relate to, and they'll probably be able to understand each other more if their age difference is not too much.

I would find it hard to find say a 55+ year old man to understand a 25 yr old woman or younger because the generation gap is there. Two entirely different generations, but probably love could still exist, there just might be differences in understanding one another.

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:48 AM
Bulletangel Offline
Elite Trainer

True. Love has no limits. But seriously think about this one.

you guys are saying TEN years? Thats a 13 year old CHILD to a 23 year old ADULT.

People have different mental levels whenthey are children, and when thy are adults.

The biggest issue when talking about this sort of love, of course, is the 'S' word.

Sex.

13 year old love does not involve such a strong factor. However, although this opinion may vary, it is a strong factor in a 24 year olds relationships.

Just think about it, yeah? :P

...under construction...
-Paired with Hazmat Forever-

Old 01-24-2008, 08:02 AM
skiboydoggy Offline

Send a message via AIM to skiboydoggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletangel View Post
True. Love has no limits. But seriously think about this one.

you guys are saying TEN years? Thats a 13 year old CHILD to a 23 year old ADULT.

People have different mental levels whenthey are children, and when thy are adults.

The biggest issue when talking about this sort of love, of course, is the 'S' word.

Sex.

13 year old love does not involve such a strong factor. However, although this opinion may vary, it is a strong factor in a 24 year olds relationships.

Just think about it, yeah? :P
But what about a 23 year old adult and a 33 year old adult?
Nobody is encouraging pedophilia here.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Cybernetic Ghost Offline
Elite Trainer

Mental maturity is more important than physical age when it comes to love.

yes.