Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Misty Oak Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Misty Oak Send a message via MSN to Misty Oak
Default Re: Hillary For President?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post
If you can do a better job then by all means. And please, because he was a man? You deserve a medal for that one.

Edit: I'm with Neo and anyone else with similar thoughts. Personally, I wouldn't mind a Romney/Thompson ticket, but I'd be lying if I said I favored anybody other the other at this point.

~Isaiah
If I was a man so people would vote for me, I would definitely take the job. I see you underlined the NCLB line. Do you have anything to add about this? Or did you just underline it for the "man" argument. Honestly, you are not proving me wrong or lessening the value of my argument since your reply is just a sarcastic line that does not provide anything to the discussion. The point of your reply was to try and insult me (rolling eyes included). I laughed. It was funny, now develop some valid arguments and move on.

Going back to my point of the impeachment, perhaps I am wrong and Bush hasn't gotten impeached because he is a republican. I am definitely opening a can of worms here, but apparently it is more acceptable to society to bomb other countries and send thousands of young men and women to fight a war without a true reason than having an affair with another woman. Fighting for our freedom? Please, first try to fix the country before there is no country left to fight for.

Set by my very good friend Ookamish from the RS Shrine
Old 01-12-2008, 02:36 AM
ChthonicAustrian Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Oak View Post
If I was a man so people would vote for me, I would definitely take the job. I see you underlined the NCLB line. Do you have anything to add about this? Or did you just underline it for the "man" argument. Honestly, you are not proving me wrong or lessening the value of my argument since your reply is just a sarcastic line that does not provide anything to the discussion. The point of your reply was to try and insult me (rolling eyes included). I laughed. It was funny, now develop some valid arguments and move on.

Going back to my point of the impeachment, perhaps I am wrong and Bush hasn't gotten impeached because he is a republican. I am definitely opening a can of worms here, but apparently it is more acceptable to society to bomb other countries and send thousands of young men and women to fight a war without a true reason than having an affair with another woman. Fighting for our freedom? Please, first try to fix the country before there is no country left to fight for.
Aren't you a high school teacher in real life?

On topic,

Honestly, I feel this discussion has become more about democracy vs. republican and/or male vs. female.

Seeing as Hillary is a Democratic Female, I should hush now :P

I stand for what I've previously said. Gender means nothing to me, despite I don't stand for her being Democratic.

Long story short, I'm not supporting her, and she's too manipulative, a decent leader would have a firm background on their own morals and ideas before rushing to hear what everyone else thinks.

URPG Stats; Unavailable
Old 01-12-2008, 03:09 AM
Misty Oak Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChthonicAustrian View Post
Aren't you a high school teacher in real life?
Indeed I am. Can you tell I am bored?

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/

Find anything you dislike? I really like the plan against illegal immigration. The current administration is putting a wall on the border (yes, like the Berlin wall or the Great Wall) to prevent illegal immigrants from crossing over. The wall is going to divide my former UNIVERSITY (YES, I AM EFFING SERIOUS) in two. What kind of responsible country uses lands devoted to eduacate its future professionals to build a WALL to stop immigrants? Don't believe me?

http://notexasborderwall.com/

The University of Texas at Brownsville is also threatened. According to the limited information that DHS has shared, the border wall in Brownsville will slice through the campus. The institution’s International Technology, Education and Commerce Campus will be walled off and effectively ceded to Mexico. Juliet V. Garcia, President of the University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College has said, “To us, the idea of a fence is kind of aberrant behavior, and against what we have established ourselves to be: a place where we convene discussion and economic systems and languages and people, not separate them.”

She proposes to punish employers who hire illegal immigrants, and that makes more sense. The reason why illegal immigrants keep coming here is because they KNOW they are bound to find a job. Why would people cross deserts and swim across rivers for nothing? BTW, I am not white or racist. In fact, I am a Mexican who entered the country legally to attend college here. Yet, I believe limiting immigration would bring better things to both countries.

This is one of the reasons I like her. Building a wall is not exactly something I see as a good idea to stop such a massive issue. We are not in the third grade.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:49 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

I don't find Hilary inspirational at all. She feels totally robotic and constantly tries to agree with the public to strengthen her image. We need an inspiration right now because we're not sure of our country after 8 years of incompetence.

I support Obama. He may want to consider a name change, though, since he's still getting sly remarks about it. Many coming from me, admittedly, because that's too good a humor opportunity to pass up.

A shame I can't vote.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:56 AM
ChthonicAustrian Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Oak View Post
Indeed I am. Can you tell I am bored?

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/

Find anything you dislike? I really like the plan against illegal immigration. The current administration is putting a wall on the border (yes, like the Berlin wall or the Great Wall) to prevent illegal immigrants from crossing over. The wall is going to divide my former UNIVERSITY (YES, I AM EFFING SERIOUS) in two. What kind of responsible country uses lands devoted to eduacate its future professionals to build a WALL to stop immigrants? Don't believe me?

http://notexasborderwall.com/

The University of Texas at Brownsville is also threatened. According to the limited information that DHS has shared, the border wall in Brownsville will slice through the campus. The institution’s International Technology, Education and Commerce Campus will be walled off and effectively ceded to Mexico. Juliet V. Garcia, President of the University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College has said, “To us, the idea of a fence is kind of aberrant behavior, and against what we have established ourselves to be: a place where we convene discussion and economic systems and languages and people, not separate them.”

She proposes to punish employers who hire illegal immigrants, and that makes more sense. The reason why illegal immigrants keep coming here is because they KNOW they are bound to find a job. Why would people cross deserts and swim across rivers for nothing? BTW, I am not white or racist. In fact, I am a Mexican who entered the country legally to attend college here. Yet, I believe limiting immigration would bring better things to both countries.

This is one of the reasons I like her. Building a wall is not exactly something I see as a good idea to stop such a massive issue. We are not in the third grade.
I personally don't think illegal immigration is that much of a factor for the poor economy.

Here in Michigan, we face likely the least amount of illegal immigration yet we're the second worst economy of the entire U.S.

A lot of our economy relies too much on foreign affairs, which I believe is a great downfall. It was the founding fathers' intentions to remain neutral, and keep the United States to themselves, not to go out and meddle with others. Yet here we are, our foreign affairs driving us to hell and we're going on a seven-year war. Nice work, Mr. Prez.

URPG Stats; Unavailable
Old 01-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Misty Oak Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChthonicAustrian View Post
I personally don't think illegal immigration is that much of a factor for the poor economy.

Here in Michigan, we face likely the least amount of illegal immigration yet we're the second worst economy of the entire U.S.

A lot of our economy relies too much on foreign affairs, which I believe is a great downfall. It was the founding fathers' intentions to remain neutral, and keep the United States to themselves, not to go out and meddle with others. Yet here we are, our foreign affairs driving us to hell and we're going on a seven-year war. Nice work, Mr. Prez.
I never said illegal immigration is a factor for poor economy. I was just providing a link for people to make a true argument against the political views for Hilary instead of using the: "I don't like her," or "I think she is evil," argument. Reasons like that do not provide anything useful for the discussion, IMO.

What the post is trying to show is one of the reasons why I support her. I live in Texas, Mexico is right here so the immigration problem does affect me. And how the border wall (the current government's solution for stopping illegal immigration) is completely useless and it is affecting my university.