Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:15 AM
ttyo888 Offline
New Trainer

Default Pokemon the Movie fic ideas needed

Hi I am ttyo888, a new member to your wonderful forum.

Well this is not the adaptation of Pokemon the First Movie but rather an alternative universe of the anime. I was on the idea that what if they made an action life Pokemon Movie something like what the 2007 Transformer Movie. That means it's inspired by the anime but a whole new universe together.

The idea was inspired by the environmental issues of today's Earth and the aftermath. Day after Tommorow was a further inspiration.

"It is the year 2050, due to pollution and carbon emissions by humans, Earth was sent into an Age of Climatic Chaos causing a premature ice age. Mankind struggled between the status of being endangered and extinct. And then a century later in the year 2150, the climatic chaos ended but the damage was irreversible."

Now the BIG problem was that whether a young Samuel Oak or a Alternative Universe Ash Ketchum should be the main character since in this universe Pokemon were like just "introduced" and people had no idea that they exist. And Wild Pokemon encounters were not too friendly like in the games and there is a bit of blood involved. And there was no such thing as Pokemon Training.

And most of the youngster at that time only knew domesticated animals and there were no such things as zoos since 95% of the animal species went extinct in the last ice age. I bet my two cents that if you were to ask the people in this universe "What is a Tiger?" They will be have big question mark hovering over their heads.

But I need opinions of this idea and also feedback on some of the things.

Last edited by ttyo888; 12-24-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:26 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default Re: Pokemon the Movie fic ideas needed

Welcome.

I was going to make a fanfiction a little related to it in the future, but it was where it was 2120, and the entire Pokemon race was extinct. It was inspired off of "National Treasure II: Book of Secrets". I'm not so sure about it now. "The Dragonology Chronicles" and "Super Mario Galaxy" have inspired me to create some more...

Well, anyways, back to your fanfic. Samuel Oak? Ash Ketchum? Something like that? Explain further.

Also, if there is blood, a rating of PG-13 is suggested.

And, in the anime, animals never really existed... Unless, in this unverse, Pokemon, humans, and animals are living together in harmony?

These ideas sound wonferful. I can't wait to read. :)
Old 01-02-2008, 06:04 AM
ttyo888 Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: Pokemon the Movie fic ideas needed

Howver if my main characters or some familar characters are going to be different from their anime counterparts, will the readers be unable to relate to them?

And Pokemon and animals coexisted in a dog eat dog relationship. But animals are rarer than even the legendaries cause 95% went the way of the dodo bird.