Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 03:00 AM
FemmeFatale Offline

Default Re: Love = Sex?

Any decent girlfriend would have sex with her boyfriend, even if she didn't yet love him. I can't grasp how two people could be in love while withholding themselves (in the case of sex, their body) from each other. Love is about sharing, but even if you aren't in love sharing is caring.

I always share everything of myself with others who are worthy, and I expect the same acknowledgments in return.

However I find some you Pokemon partaker's view that love is special enough that sex should wait for it to be innocent, youthful, and refreshing.

Luckily my boyfriend doesn't think as such.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:14 AM
Emily Offline

Send a message via AIM to Emily Send a message via MSN to Emily Send a message via Skype™ to Emily

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeFatale View Post
Any decent girlfriend would have sex with her boyfriend, even if she didn't yet love him. I can't grasp how two people could be in love while withholding themselves (in the case of sex, their body) from each other. Love is about sharing, but even if you aren't in love sharing is caring.

I always share everything of myself with others who are worthy, and I expect the same acknowledgments in return.

However I find some you Pokemon partaker's view that love is special enough that sex should wait for it to be innocent, youthful, and refreshing.

I have to disagree with you there. You say that any decent girlfriend would have sex with her boyfriend, but what about the younger generation - say 13, 14? Would you hold your argument when we're talking about children? Although, I don't believe that love and sex are the same thing. I believe that people who are very much in love can be in love without having sex. While sex would help the strength of a relationship, I believe that it isn't needed for a relationship to function.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:23 AM
Haze Offline

Send a message via AIM to Haze

I understand this whole arguement but and how opinions differ from one person to the nexr but what about oral sex?
Old 01-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao

Quote:

I wouldn't call a girl having sex with every boyfriend "decent." I do believe that a person, man or woman, should wait until marriage for sex. If you have sex with every boyfriend, then it is not near as special with your husband/wife.

I'm not insulting you're opinion, I just have a completely opposite standpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy231 View Post
I understand this whole arguement but and how opinions differ from one person to the nexr but what about oral sex?
When I say sex, I'm referring to any kind of sexual encounter.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:41 AM
Pokeboy sarab Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via MSN to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via Yahoo to Pokeboy sarab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumao View Post
I wouldn't call a girl having sex with every boyfriend "decent." I do believe that a person, man or woman, should wait until marriage for sex. If you have sex with every boyfriend, then it is not near as special with your husband/wife.

I'm not insulting you're opinion, I just have a completely opposite standpoint.

When I say sex, I'm referring to any kind of sexual encounter.
Well I believe Love is not equal to Sex. Love to me is about knowing you can spend the rest of your life with this one person mostly happily. Sex in some cases, is like a release. People can be in love without sex, and people can have sex without being in love.

But I would have sex only if I'm sure I have some feelings for a person. Its Not neccessary to be married to have sex, in my opinion. But Sex could also be seen as a way to strengthen a relationship. It can be a part of a relationship, but it is not a part you can't do without.

Credit for the Rapidash TCG recolor goes to my beloved pair...Shiny Loser.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:06 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
I'm not sure I like what you're saying. You make it sound as though every girl just puts out, which, quite frankly, makes us sound like nothing more than common whores. I'm sure some girls have more morals than that.

You don't need to have sex to have a fulfilling relationship. It's just a decent bonus.

Quote:
Most people still consider that sex.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:08 AM
pikachu25king Offline
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to pikachu25king

you really should wait till marriage to have sexual contact.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:30 AM
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to spartan117

No I disagree with you. Relationships based on sex fall apart very fast....why do you think almost half the marriages in the US fall apart. People have to have a special connection with each other and actually love each other before they have sex.
My URPG Stats
MyBio

If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:10 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan117 View Post
No I disagree with you. Relationships based on sex fall apart very fast....why do you think almost half the marriages in the US fall apart. People have to have a special connection with each other and actually love each other before they have sex.
People don't always marry for sex.
You can get sex without marrying. People who marry think they are in love. =\ Obviously, love doesn't last forever either, thus explaining why 1/2 the marriages in the US fall apart.

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:28 PM
charmeleonblaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

They are completely different, though love often leads to sex.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:08 AM
akdude Offline

Send a message via AIM to akdude Send a message via MSN to akdude Send a message via Yahoo to akdude

A lot of people confuse love with infatuation. Love isn't just about sex. Love is the willingness to do anything for the other. When you say you love someone that mean that you're willing to take a bullet for them, you'd do whatever you can to protect them, you'd do anything to make them happy, you'd go out of your way for them, and you're willing to go through all the good times as well as bad times.

Does love lead up to sex? Eventually it does. But love does not equal sex. When you love someone, sex should be the last thing on your mind. You should just enjoy their company. When you love someone, just their presence alone should make you the happiest person in the world. When you are with the one you love, everything disappears and it's just the two of you trapped in you're own little world.

Sex should really only be for marriage, but not everyone is perfect. I sure aint. But take it from a guy who is in love and who has a kid on the way...Sex shouldn't be misused or misunderstood. Yes, sex is a fun little activity to do, but only when you are certain that you're sleeping with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with because if you don't wrap it before you tap it, you could end up like me...and I don't wish this upon anyone, especially those of you who are young.

MWAHAHA!! The bunnies will take over the world!!

Name: Slash
FC: 2191 4116 0821

Last edited by akdude; 01-07-2008 at 04:14 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

Most of this is from my dad during one of our long talks. =/

"When you are in a relationship that you are sure will lead to your soulmate and marriage, sex is a perfectly natural way of bonding and showing your partner that each of you are dedicated to the relationship. When you are with your true partner for life, you're like two halves of one whole, and you'll want to share things, sex included. Regular sex substantially strengthens a relationship."

With him adding every few seconds, "BUT MAKE SURE YOU'RE PROTECTED!"

I'm young, I've never even been in love, much less a sexual relationship. However, I fully believe in what my dad has taught me, about sex strengthening a relationship. I can see, however, that most of you guys seem to think people who enjoy regular sex in a relationship are whores, so I may see some argument here. :/
Old 01-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Splishee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Splishee

It seems that the topic has been well covered emotionally, and yes, we all have different opinions on the philosophy of sex and love, and their connections.

But, if we look at it scientifically, the real reason us humans are on the planet is to reproduce (ie, sex). It's an animal instinct; an urge, if you may. In the animal kingdom, sex is not tied to love, and is only tied in the way that animals find a partner to spend their live with, but are not nearly as emotionally developed as we are in the matter.

We've been shown different views of this matter through the media and people's opinions. The main view has changed over the years, from mere cavemen finding the way to reproduce, to the era where it was looked down upon to associate with a woman and now the era in our time, where teens are getting pregnant and it's much more socially acceptable. Right now, popular belief would say that lust would equal sex, not love.

All that said, us humans have such emotional maturity and capability, beyond any animal. We're entering the era where it's our choices; people have different views and debates and arguments are acceptable and ideal for improvement in the society. So people will have different beliefs about sex, whether they follow their hormones and lust (animal instincts) or believe that sex is the result of when you truly love someone, it's their choice.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Cybernetic Ghost Offline
Elite Trainer

Love =/= Sex. Love is a feeling. Sex is an act that can either be used to express that feeling, or just for gratification and reproduction.

yes.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:48 PM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
I'm not sure I like what you're saying. You make it sound as though every girl just puts out, which, quite frankly, makes us sound like nothing more than common whores. I'm sure some girls have more morals than that.
I completely agree.
Boys typically don't respect girls who put out right away- regardless of what they'll say. Of course it's nice and loads of fun to get sum fairly soon(this behavior actually keeps boys in the relationship for longer than they initially might-- which says something about the girls who feel they have to put out early), but at the end of the day... not so much.

Quote:
You don't need to have sex to have a fulfilling relationship. It's just a decent bonus.
(I can attest to that).

Quote:
Most people still consider that sex.
I know i count it when asked "how many??"