Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 05:13 AM
Dancing Mad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Dancing Mad
Default Re: My rant on standard rules!!!

If you wanna play with Ubers play in the Uber metagame. Its loads of fun. Blissey is still the best special wall though you just pump all of those evs into HP and Sp. Defense.

"The only pace is suicide pace, and every day is a good day to die."
- Steve Prefontaine
Old 12-14-2007, 05:18 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuelist View Post
Strongly agreed, although your team isn't that much worse than mine. ^_^

Like spoken from Cool Kid 94, most trainers who rely on ubers to win their fights are almost always n00bs. Now, are ubers beatable? Yes. But it takes a lot more to take one down, and taking down 5-6 of them from an opposing team is harsh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Kid 94 View Post
*sigh*

Most of the people who use ubers nowadays are noobs. Because all the good battlers like Ace and Dud3 don't use ubers, and forget ubers, dud3 doesn't even use OUs that often.

And again you're complaining about the same old OU argument. The same thing would happen if people could use ubers, only with even less variety! OUs can play in ubers, but the tiers below can't. The tiers below can at least play in OU. I have a team similar to ND's, and it's better than my team with 4 OUs and 2 BLs, so that "proves the tiers wrong". The tiers aren't 100% accurate; it all depends on how you use them.

Same thing I said in the PM, one uber per match would unbalance the metagame.
I agree if you really want to use ubers in a tourny go make a thread in the battle center, where the only thing you can use is ubers. I think might even get sticked

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 12-14-2007, 05:26 AM
Ace123456789 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Ace123456789

Can someone lock this pathetic excuse for a thread? The guy is freaking banned, obviously his point was not accepted, and if he is out there reading this post, he should know this:
Just because you are too weak to compete in our current metagame does NOT give you any right to throw out such brash comments at us. Suck it up, quit whining. I use AT THE LEAST one BL/UU in all of my battles, not a freaking Ho-oh like you.

How can I sum up this thread in one word...
Ah:
FAIL.

Ace, out.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:31 AM
NinjaDuelist Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace123456789 View Post
Can someone lock this pathetic excuse for a thread? The guy is freaking banned, obviously his point was not accepted, and if he is out there reading this post, he should know this:
Just because you are too weak to compete in our current metagame does NOT give you any right to throw out such brash comments at us. Suck it up, quit whining. I use AT THE LEAST one BL/UU in all of my battles, not a freaking Ho-oh like you.

Ah:
FAIL.

Ace, out.
I do agree with you. This thread is done with, and probably needs to be locked. All points have been brought out, discussed, butchered a little, and tossed aside for another.

-ND

* Pro Wrestling Fan Club *
Old 12-14-2007, 05:35 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace123456789 View Post

Ah:
FAIL.

Ace, out.
OUCH!!!! remind me never to get on your bad side
and to add to his comment no more thread like this

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Closed Thread