Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 12-10-2007, 02:43 AM
Ataro's Avatar
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Location
Posts: 20,271
Send a message via AIM to Ataro
Default Re: Love = Sex?

So suppose sex is still an optional thing to do, something to bond love, why do so many pre-marital sex happens?

They've barely started loving each other, then they get onto the bed. Don't you think sex comes with love now?
__________________
urpg stats . the ultra dex .
avatar image courtesy of emma-kins .
  #17  
Old 12-10-2007, 02:51 AM
Dr Scott's Avatar
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Behind you.
Posts: 6,277
Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott
Default Re: Love = Sex?

As Mario has mentioned, sex can be both. To most people, sex is something done to either be 'cool' or just as a recreation (usually true with people who are younger nowadays. Mostly with men, who find sex a competition of sorts and try to have sex with as many people as possible. For men this exists until they've hit the maturity to control these base emotions. It's a form of maturity, not maturity in general fellahs). So labeling the fact that you have to love someone to have sex can't be true. Early on in life it's because a man's hormone's are leading them to it, while the girl is pressured by friends and society (as well as the guy himself) to do things. Well, usually.

Later it's used for 'fun,' though I can't really say I condone this. To me, sex without love is really hollow and is just lacking that one spark that makes it a truly gratifying experience. It's kinda like having a Halo game without Master Chief, and instead with a gun-toting Shadow the Hedgehog.

But this really gets into the argument of love, because you might think you love someone but later find out you didn't and wish you didn't have sex with them. And obviously you can love friends and family without having sex with them.

However, once you get older and mature, I believe that sex is the ultimate act of expression. The whole 'sharing the experience' with the person you want to be true to, and only sharing yourself with them. Which is a reason why I don't believe in sexless love, it makes it less special when you finally do love someone. In a man-wife relationship it's not the only way to show your love, but with the right mentalities it is the thing to best show it with actions.

I also don't think you need to be married to do this. If two people both go into it thinking how special it is instead of how good it feels, then it becomes something like a promise to the other, and an action that could carry some very special feelings for both individuals. It has a lot to do with the mentality of both going into it.

Though I would call this 'making love,' while sex is doing it just for pleasure itself.

So while you can love someone without sex, I believe it ties into it because it's the biggest thing you can do with someone you love.
__________________

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."

Last edited by Dr Scott; 12-10-2007 at 02:54 AM.
  #18  
Old 12-10-2007, 02:59 AM
Sixto's Avatar
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,656
Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto
Default Re: Love = Sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScottMan View Post
As Mario has mentioned, sex can be both. To most people, sex is something done to either be 'cool' or just as a recreation (usually true with people who are younger nowadays. Mostly with men, who find sex a competition of sorts and try to have sex with as many people as possible. For men this exists until they've hit the maturity to control these base emotions. It's a form of maturity, not maturity in general fellahs). So labeling the fact that you have to love someone to have sex can't be true. Early on in life it's because a man's hormone's are leading them to it, while the girl is pressured by friends and society (as well as the guy himself) to do things. Well, usually.

Later it's used for 'fun,' though I can't really say I condone this. To me, sex without love is really hollow and is just lacking that one spark that makes it a truly gratifying experience. It's kinda like having a Halo game without Master Chief, and instead with a gun-toting Shadow the Hedgehog.

But this really gets into the argument of love, because you might think you love someone but later find out you didn't and wish you didn't have sex with them. And obviously you can love friends and family without having sex with them.

However, once you get older and mature, I believe that sex is the ultimate act of expression. The whole 'sharing the experience' with the person you want to be true to, and only sharing yourself with them. Which is a reason why I don't believe in sexless love, it makes it less special when you finally do love someone. In a man-wife relationship it's not the only way to show your love, but with the right mentalities it is the thing to best show it with actions.

I also don't think you need to be married to do this. If two people both go into it thinking how special it is instead of how good it feels, then it becomes something like a promise to the other, and an action that could carry some very special feelings for both individuals. It has a lot to do with the mentality of both going into it.

Though I would call this 'making love,' while sex is doing it just for pleasure itself.

So while you can love someone without sex, I believe it ties into it because it's the biggest thing you can do with someone you love.
I've had sex for fun a lot, and although the pleasure is there "at the time", I'm sure when I find "the one" it'll be a lot better, hopefully. As you said, you may think you like someone, but then you find out they're having sex for the exact same reason you were having it with others; for fun.

I want to be optimistic and say when I find THE certain someone, the spark will be there, but it hasn't happened yet.
__________________
  #19  
Old 12-10-2007, 03:04 AM
EmBreon's Avatar
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: <insert funny>
Posts: 4,492
Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon
Default Re: Love = Sex?

Well, all of that could just be avoided by waiting until you've found "THE one", yes?

Seems less special to the person you end up spending the rest of your life with when they find out they're just number 37 on the list of girls you've slept with.

I'd feel inadequate...
__________________
  #20  
Old 12-10-2007, 03:13 AM
Sixto's Avatar
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,656
Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto
Default Re: Love = Sex?

The pleasure is there, at the time, as I've mentioned before. I guess you can say you get caught up in the moment, resulting in some affairs. I don't look at it as a list, when you've found someone you care about, (or think you have), then that really doesn't matter since you know they're the person you truly care about. Of course they might not know that, but when you've found the person: no secrets. I'm willing to share past experiences if it means you'd stay with them for a long time, which should be the obivious, wise choice.
__________________
  #21  
Old 12-10-2007, 03:15 AM
pikachu25king Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In your basement
Posts: 3,540
Send a message via Yahoo to pikachu25king
Default Re: Love = Sex?

its a mix of both
  #22  
Old 12-10-2007, 04:26 AM
Bulletangel's Avatar
Bulletangel Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mebourne, Australia
Posts: 766
Default Re: Love = Sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu25king View Post
its a mix of both


Ok, for those who have errm...experienced this subject with someone they know they truly love, will know that the best part would have to be afterwards, just lying there, knowing that you are together, with someone who needs you in the world.

Without having real experience in full-blown love, you cannot really judge the feeling. Its pretty much euphoria. Love is a blissful thing by itself but sex is, what i've found, the apex of your love, coming together to act in this way. It's animalistic and instinctual.

So yes, sex usually does result because of love.

On the other hand, there is the recreational side of it.
Smiled and admired amongst men, yet discouraged by girls to avoid brutal name calling, sex without love is probably one of the lonliest things a human being can go through. Because, as Scott has mentioned before, its pretty much hollow. You're looking for the love, but there's nothing there. May feel good, but never results in any good.

So, heres a little math roundup.
Love + Sex = Bliss | Sex + no Love = Lonely | Love + No Sex = Either reaal dedication and trust, or disinterest.

Thar be my opinion =)
__________________


...under construction...
-Paired with Hazmat Forever-

  #23  
Old 12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
pikahero2's Avatar
pikahero2 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ...Pedophile
Posts: 2,876
Send a message via AIM to pikahero2 Send a message via MSN to pikahero2
Default Re: Love = Sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletangel View Post
Ok, for those who have errm...experienced this subject with someone they know they truly love, will know that the best part would have to be afterwards, just lying there, knowing that you are together, with someone who needs you in the world.

Without having real experience in full-blown love, you cannot really judge the feeling. Its pretty much euphoria. Love is a blissful thing by itself but sex is, what i've found, the apex of your love, coming together to act in this way. It's animalistic and instinctual.

So yes, sex usually does result because of love.

On the other hand, there is the recreational side of it.
Smiled and admired amongst men, yet discouraged by girls to avoid brutal name calling, sex without love is probably one of the lonliest things a human being can go through. Because, as Scott has mentioned before, its pretty much hollow. You're looking for the love, but there's nothing there. May feel good, but never results in any good.

So, heres a little math roundup.
Love + Sex = Bliss | Sex + no Love = Lonely | Love + No Sex = Either reaal dedication and trust, or disinterest.

Thar be my opinion =)

BA, You t00k the words out of me mouth..Aye

__________________

| Vote me and PyreTheTorchic in MoTM when it comes. :3 |

[\ Pokémon Frenzy -URPG - VPP Stats - PyreXRyan - /]
  #24  
Old 12-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Stubby Boardman's Avatar
Stubby Boardman Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: central standard time zone
Posts: 3,770
Send a message via AIM to Stubby Boardman
Default Re: Love = Sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
Now now now, what's your opinion on this debate title? Does love equals to sex? Voice out your opinions, comments, whatever.

No pervs, no RA related things.

Explanation

Love = Sex?

Some people thinks that love is all about sex, while some others think love is not only about sex. I don't really know how to explain. I'll put up my reasons then.

I feel that love does equals to sex. Well, mostly. You see, people that claim loving someone have nothing to do with sex, sex is just an optional thing to do when you love someone. But did you ever thought of why do couples that love each other always have sex in the end? I feel that its because love still equals to sex. Loving someone really binds down to sex in the end. That's all I have to say, until someone disrupt my thoughts.
i agree with ur thinking
thats all i have to say
__________________




  #25  
Old 12-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Azumao's Avatar
Azumao Offline
That Whiscash Freak
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,901
Send a message via AIM to Azumao Send a message via MSN to Azumao
Default Re: Love = Sex?

No, I disagree. While sex is an act of love, and I believe should be something done for passion, not purely for pleasure, it does not equal love. It is one aspect, just like kissing, hugging, or simply spending time with someone. Love is a combination of things, and a feeling. Not an act.

Therefore, I must throw in that having sex is not required to be in love. I'm completely abstinent, and that's my philosophy.
__________________
  #26  
Old 12-16-2007, 03:53 AM
OrexxerO's Avatar
OrexxerO Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 383
Default Re: Love = Sex?

People can meet, have sex, then never see each other again without a care in the world. So no, Sex does not equal love in the least.

Sex is better after Marriage, because it becomes something special, a huge sign of affection to the person you love more then anything on this earth.

To me, having sex with someone just for pleasure and to "have a good time" is wrong. Its something special.
__________________
  #27  
Old 12-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Lucavi's Avatar
Lucavi Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,522
Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi
Default Re: Love = Sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrexxerO View Post
Sex is better after Marriage, because it becomes something special, a huge sign of affection to the person you love more then anything on this earth.
No, it doesn't. If someone marries to get a green card, and has sex during that marriage, then there's a chance that it's not a sign of affection. Marriage does not mean love, like you put it.
  #28  
Old 12-21-2007, 03:47 AM
Fire Away's Avatar
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,768
Default Re: Love = Sex?

You can't say Love = Sex as if it's some kind of equation. They're two entirely separate parts of a relationship between two people. I know people who have been married for years and are still virgins, and are some of the most happy people I know.

That being said, I don't believe you have to be in love to have/enjoy a sexual relationship with someone.
__________________


Hi




  #29  
Old 12-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Tory vs Meaty II's Avatar
Tory vs Meaty II Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 4,445
Send a message via ICQ to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via AIM to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via MSN to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Yahoo to Tory vs Meaty II Send a message via Skype™ to Tory vs Meaty II
Arrow Re: Love = Sex?

I agree everyting what OrexxerO said. It is better to get married before you get that sex. Having sex for fun is just plain "wrong" where I see it. To me, there are so many better things in life besides make love.
__________________


~ Banner & avatar by me ~
Bye PE2K, I am leaving forever.

Last edited by Tory vs Meaty II; 12-23-2007 at 11:18 PM.
  #30  
Old 12-26-2007, 07:38 PM
!CeMAn's Avatar
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto, ON.
Posts: 6,558
Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn
Default Re: Love = Sex?

There isn't a whole lot new to add. Everybody has their opinions on all of it and i haven't seen anything that's more or less valid than others.
But,

Why does love typically result in skins?
Because you want to. When you "love" somebody you want to hug them, kiss, hold hands, touch and snuggle. Some kind of chemical thing which applies to most animals. You can be in love for years and never get naked, but it will happen eventually, more often that not. And, it's as simple as you want to.
__________________
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com