Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:44 AM
vedros Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to vedros Send a message via MSN to vedros Send a message via Yahoo to vedros
Default Vedros' Netbattle Team

I've been experimenting with NB teams alot over the past few months, and they always have great strengths, but also great weaknesses. A special nuisance to this team is good berry holding. Combined with a battler with prediction saavy, and I'm done.

Arcanine (F) @ White Herb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hyper Beam
- Overheat
- Roar

Arcanine sweeps openers easily, and roar takes care of Ninjask etc. Unfortunatly, it will almost always die early game, and if it doesn't, it can't do much late game but kill time or sometimes annoyers. I occasionaly use an Umbreon in my team instead of Cradily to fix this problem (it also helps alot with Marowak).

Cradily (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Confuse Ray
- Mirror Coat
- Recover
- Toxic

I like to use a toxafusion technique, then switch out when confusion prevents an attack and lets Cradily recover. I sometimes put a wishing Umbreon in its place, should that be permanent?

Breloom (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Substitute

Not much to say about Breloom, is there? Pretty standard.

Marowak (F) @ Thick Club
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Perish Song
- Sandstorm

I made its attack like that so I could kill everything in two hits, or sometimes one. The HP and Def give it survivabilty.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

I love this thing. It's simple, but deadly. I'm going to take this to Wi-Fi in Pearl, where the new Scrappy ability makes ghosts watch out.

Absol (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave

I've had alot of good luck with good old Absol, it can be used to kill late game. It's good early game, too, for backing the enemy into a corner, but for this technique to work, alot of good prediction is required, and Absol can surely expect to die.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine
Default Re: Vedros' Netbattle Team

I'm not a fan of White Herb, seeing how it can be reduced to being useless by a simple Intimidate. If you want an Arcanine that really leads well in NB, try this.

Arcanine (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 60 Spd / 198 SAtk
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Extremespeed
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Return

This thing is much sweeter than you think. OHKO's on Tyranitar with HP Fight, Dugtrio, Alakazam and Ninjask with Extremespeed, and 2HKO's on Snorlax and Blissey with HP Fighting. Double Edge > Return if you wish. Overheat / Fire Blast > Flamethrower if you wish. I found Flamethrower to be effective enough. This is also 240 speed, which outspeeds practically all Metagrosses. You can toy with the EV spread if you wish.

Cradily looks fine. I'd prefer that over Umbreon. Lefties > Lum I'm thinking. Also 252 / 252 / 6 spreads tend not to be the best spreads, but I can't really bothered right now to provide good ones.

Breloom: Pretty standard indeed. I'd stick way more speed EVs on this actually. If any of your mons can use a 252 / 252 / 6 spread it's Breloom actually, with attack and speed maxed and 6 in HP. Also, if you want to use a Lum Berry use it here instead of Cradily.

I'd go all out attack on Marowak. Sandstorm really doesn't provide much to Marowak and Perish Song is an amateur way of phazing, which Marowak shouldn't be doing anyway.
Marowak (F) @ Thick Club
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Substitute / Focus Punch (predicting) / Brick Break / Swords Dance
I'm also thinking Adamant Nature.

Miltank looks fine, but work out it's speed. You're wasting EVs there. Set yourself a nice number which lets you outspeed some important mons, instead of maxing it out. The rest of the speed can be used elsewhere, like def or s.def.

Absol itself looks fine, but I think you need some special hitting power so I'd replace it with Starmie or something. If you want to keep Absol you could also replace Arcanine, but that is something that I would personally just never do.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?

Old 11-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Flygon Ruler Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedros View Post
I've been experimenting with NB teams alot over the past few months, and they always have great strengths, but also great weaknesses. A special nuisance to this team is good berry holding. Combined with a battler with prediction saavy, and I'm done.

Arcanine (F) @ Life Orb?
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest/Timid
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Flamethrower. You need something instead of overheat
- Overheat
- Roar

Arcanine sweeps openers easily, and roar takes care of Ninjask etc. Unfortunatly, it will almost always die early game, and if it doesn't, it can't do much late game but kill time or sometimes annoyers. I occasionaly use an Umbreon in my team instead of Cradily to fix this problem (it also helps alot with Marowak).

Cradily (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Confuse Ray
- Mirror Coat
- Recover
- Toxic

Its fine I guess

I like to use a toxafusion technique, then switch out when confusion prevents an attack and lets Cradily recover. I sometimes put a wishing Umbreon in its place, should that be permanent?

Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Focus Punch
Leech Seed. Umm, yeah.
- Spore
- Substitute

Not much to say about Breloom, is there? Pretty standard.

Marowak (F) @ Thick Club
EVs: 252 attack/ 252 whatever. You need full attack
Impish? WTF? Marowak needs adamant or Jolly
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
Facade/Return/Rock Slide
Focus Punch/ Brick Break

I made its attack like that so I could kill everything in two hits, or sometimes one. The HP and Def give it survivabilty.

If your gonna use Marowak at all, raise its attack to full. It need alot of help.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

I love this thing. It's simple, but deadly. I'm going to take this to Wi-Fi in Pearl, where the new Scrappy ability makes ghosts watch out.

Absol (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave

I've had alot of good luck with good old Absol, it can be used to kill late game. It's good early game, too, for backing the enemy into a corner, but for this technique to work, alot of good prediction is required, and Absol can surely expect to die.
Your team needs help. Especially in natures, but nice tea, overall.

FC: 4425-2653-4349

~Current VPP~

Done:1144

Old 11-20-2007, 01:07 AM
vedros Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to vedros Send a message via MSN to vedros Send a message via Yahoo to vedros

@Flygon

Netbattle only goes up to third-gen, if you want to be a good rater, you should know that. I can't really use your advice, and you left Breloom with Focus Punch as its only attack move. In fourth-gen, I'd Seed Bomb>Sludge Bomb.

@Loyal Arcanine

I can't get rid of Lum on Cradily, because a good status affect can cripple it, and turn the tables significantly against me.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Loyal Arcanine Offline

Send a message via AIM to Loyal Arcanine

I admit that sleep and toxic can be a problem (though not much else), but Lum doesn't really solve that on a stalling Pokemon. It cures you once and next time you can just get screwed again. Lums are most effective on stat up sweepers, who can use the turn they win by setting up and then be able to sweep afterwards. If you want to solve the status problem with Cradily the best thing you can do is get an Arometherapist or Heal Beller. But if Lum works for you that's fine I guess.

"gengar is a fart" imsocorn (4:08:55): Is that your way of saying "and not a single **** was given that day" ?